Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - 2nd Round - Get Smart vs The Andy Griffith Show

getsmart1.jpg

VS

griffith.article.jpg

I'm gonna get my post in here early. Get Smart 1,000 times over.

The show was HILARIOUS, and WAYYYY ahead of its time. It had clever yet funny technology and was the ultimate spoof of James Bond. The scene with Don Adams, Ed Platt, and "The Cone of Silence" were brilliant, plus...

[youtube]L2YUQMWW_jM[/youtube]

KAOS, led by Sigfriend and Starker, was a terrific antagonist for Maxwell Smart. I was frequntly left in stitches, and such iconic lines as "missed it by THAT MUCH," and "would you believe..." helped spawn a successful film a couple years back with Steve Carell playing Don Adams' title character.

My vote's going to Get Smart here as well, but it was a much harder decision for me than it was for IC. The Andy Griffith Show is classic TV at it's absolute best, anyone with a brain and a working set of ears and eyes has to enjoy it. How can you not with little Ron Howard running around the set?

But Get Smart, like IC said, was ahead of it's time but most of all it was downright hilarious. They took slapstick comedy and turned it into a genuine art on that show, and it's getting my vote here. Don't let the terrible movie adaptation sway your vote, check out the clip IC just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back