• Father Knows Best

• Dobie Gillis

• The Jetsons

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - 2nd Round - Father Knows Best -vs- Dobie Gillis -vs- The Jetsons

fatherknowsbest.jpg

VS

dobie4.jpg

VS

TheJetsonsMovie.jpg

Wow this is a tough one here. I was never a fan of Father Knows Best, just never really caught on with me past the maybe ten minutes of the show I've seen. The Jetsons is a classic television show and one that any child has probably grown up watching, no matter what era they were born in. Remember the Jetsons-Flinstones crossover movie? Yeah, that was the greatest 90 minutes of my life.

But, my vote is going to Dobie Gillis once again just as it did last round, if only to enlighten more people to what a cool little show that was. Seriously groundbreaking stuff at the time, this was the first TV show really made for a younger audience instead of the middle aged people. It was like rock and roll in the world of tame pop that was the rest of the sitcom landscape. Definitely gets my vote here, great little show.

THANK YOU X!

We finally agree!

Dobie Gillis was absolutely groundbreaking, and as I've already said, the Maynard Krebbs character paved the way for loser best friends for the next 40 years of sitcoms. The show was so under rated, it was criminal.

Good man, X, thank you for standing up for it!

I voted for the Jetsons because it is the best out of these three shows. I liked watching it a lot as a kid and I still find it cool now. I also found this choice rather easy because I'm not a big fan of either "Father Knows Best" or "Dobie Gillis"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back