Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - 2nd Round - Addams Family vs Mr. Ed

Addams%20Family.jpg

VS

MrEd.jpg

Oh yes, Mr. Ed. Thank goodness he's in this tournament. When I was growing up my dad was always trying to make me laugh (he was a bit of an amateur comedian) and one surefire way was his Mr. Ed impression and whenever he would sing the theme song. Come on, the theme song to Mr. Ed is quite possibly the greatest thing ever:

A show about a talking horse? Yeah, that did happen, and it was awesome. Sorry Addams Family, but you were never half as good as The Munsters, Mr. Ed gets my vote easily here.

God this whole tournament is like a huge childhood flashback of all the old TV shows my dad and I used to watch. Mr. Ed was fucking hilarious. Think about this, a show about a talking horse. If I still smoked ganja I would watch this show every time I got high as shit. Let me reiterate this: They made a show about a talking horse. Genius, pure genius. I enjoyed the Addam's Family as I found Morticia oddly arousing, but Mr. Ed is just awesome.

Willllllbuuuuuur.

I feel bad for John Astin. He's such an under rated actor. Not only was he brilliant as Gomez Adams, but he was also a half-decent stand-in for Frank Gorshin as The Riddler in the original Batman TV show. He also looks like my Godfather.

Yeah, Mr. Ed was ingenious sitcom gold here. When I was 9-13, I'd stay up until 3:00 am during the summer watching Nick at Nite, and the late night block was Mr. Ed, Green Acres, F-Troop, Dobie Gillis, and a few others. When Donna Reed came on at 3:30 am, I'd had enough and crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back