• Dead Space 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
250px-Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG

Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg

Assassin's Creed 2 should likely take this round. It has my support because it was a rather enjoyable game. It definitely lived up to the hype of being a sequel for another great game in Assassin's Creed 1. Dead Space 2 I didn't care for. So a great game or a game I didn't like? Easy choice. Vote for Assassin's Creed 2, the obvious better option of the two.

Assassin's Creed 2 should likely take this round. It has my support because it was a rather enjoyable game. It definitely lived up to the hype of being a sequel for another great game in Assassin's Creed 1. Dead Space 2 I didn't care for. So a great game or a game I didn't like? Easy choice. Vote for Assassin's Creed 2, the obvious better option of the two.

Are you trying to take SavageTaker's crown for saying nothing? Your post boils down to: I support Assassin's Creed 2 because I enjoyed playing it. What purpose did this post serve? Isn't this what the vote button's for?

On a more positive note, people should be voting for Dead Space 2 here. Americans can hardly do anything right when it comes to game development, but the Dead Space franchise is the one shining diamond among a sea of turds. As evidenced by its equal emphases on psychological and physical horror, Dead Space 2 (as well as Dead Space) has a great amount of respect for its survival horror predecessors (virtually all them being Japanese). Everyone already knows how great its graphics and environment are, so there's absolutely no point in going over this. Oh, what the hell? Why don't we marvel at some stills/screengrabs for the hell of it?

blog_DS2_church.jpg

Dead-Space-2-Eye-Surgery.jpg

dead-space-2_dec22_03.jpg_626.jpg

Apparently you did not read the rest of my post. The purpose it served was to push Assassin's Creed 2 which was more fun to play than Dead Space 2. A lot of sequels fail to live up to the hype that their prequels generate by being so good. Assasin's Creed 2 delivered a great gaming experience despite it having a ton of hype living up to. It was a solid game that deserves the good scores it got and it's better than Dead Space 2 because not only did it live up to the hype but also was a positive experience with great characters, gameplay, and story; unlike Dead Space 2 which I just did not care for.

Both of these games are sequels, so I think it should come down to which did more for their respective franchise. Dead Space 2, which is by no means a bad game, still follows the formula that the first game did. While that could be said about ACII, the difference is that one of Assassin's main selling points isn't the environment and psychology. What made the first Dead Space stand out so much was that it was something that we don't see often see in North American markets (as tdigle alluded to earlier) and it provided such an immersive experience. Some of that magic was lost though on the second go around. It's similar to what most people complained about with the second Bioshock: when you play the first everything is so unique and mesmerizing but it just doesn't have the same effect when re-created in a sequel.

Assassin's Creed II managed to take a popular game franchise and turn it into one of the biggest names in gaming right now and became a house hold name so to speak thanks to ACII.

The first Dead Space was better than the first Assassin's Creed, but ACII did more for its franchise than Dead Space 2 did for its own.

Vote for Assassin's Creed II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back