Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Ps2.jpg

The Playstation staple that is Metal Gear Solid's third offering meets Banjo Tooie in this first round match. Two hugely successful games collide here. Interesting.

Banjo_Tooie_cover.jpg

It's only now a couple of years after MGS 3 that I'm realising just what a great game it is. The Boss battles alone mean there's certainly no argument for voting against it here.

Metal Gear Solid 3 to me is what Metal Gear Solid was but doubled. You have some brilliant stealth elements brought into play, CQC; a new factor that helped evolve the game further, changing camo, this is truly the pinnacle of stealth action. Not to mention the epic feel of the 60s that makes you mark out to the James Bond-esque intro, brilliant story that adds more depth to the MGS world and the boss battles were challenging and really upped the game, the battle against The End is a perfect example of a Sniper battle, this even trumped the battle against Sniper Wolf in the first outing.

Banjo-Tooie is a great game, nothing to take away from it, but it does have its flaws and this is Naked Snake's to lose here.

I only ever played a demo for MGS3, and there are very few games I would vote against before playing, but Banjo Tooie is my single most favorite N64 game OF ALL TIME!!! I have to vote for it here, and probably to the very end of the tourny.

Some games are more than just sitting there twiddling your thumbs. Before I purchased MGS3, I had played through MGS2 a few times and liked it quite a lot. Hence the reason for buying the 3rd in the franchise. But it wasn't really like the last one. MGS3 was really really deep. I felt real emotion for the characters involved, as any good story ought to inspire you to.

It was the best instalment from the brilliant and unique mind of Hideo Kojima. Things like eating in the wild and not just watching a bar go up, actually watching a guy eat a raw snake to survive in the wilderness. The ability to use camo and facepaints that could even play a part during the boss battles. But it was during that epic battle, the very first time I faced The End I knew this game was a once in a generation type of experience. I lost all my stamina a few times and had to keep returning and rarely have I ever felt as accomplished as when I could see the bald head of an ancient man sprouting from behind some short grass.

I really could sing the praises of the game for a long time but I'll just say this. Banjo Tooie was a very fun game, as I said somewhere else I feel it was a little bit overshadowed by it's predecessor but I'd still vote for MGS3 over that game. There is nothing I've had from an experience viewpoint like the first run through of that game viewing every cutscene. It thoroughly is right at the top of my list of favourite games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back