2017 Wrestling Awards Spam Thread

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Why is Ember Moon on you guys' list? Did I miss something I thought she was ok.

I think Kevin head butting VKM is the biggest shocker of the year.

This won't speak for everyone, but I know in a few conversations some of us have had there are a few reasons she gets listed.

When she first debuted and in her vignettes leading to the debut, she was built as this sort of supernatural or mystical character. I always thought they were going to play her up as a lycan or something. It was kind of interesting. They completely dropped it though, with no real reason given. Then, when she hurt her arm, they would just show her backstage in a hoodie and it killed all her mystique. Now she is just a female wrestler who wears colored contacts and has a furry belt on her trunks.

Her matches aren't bad, but they are super underwhelming. It doesn't help that you had the likes of Paige and Emma, the Four Horsewomen, and Asuka before her tearing the house down, but her matches are really just filler until she hits Eclipse. It is a cool finisher, but the finish is really all she has.

She also looks like a paper champion. She had two chances at Asuka, and came up short both times. She should have been moved to the back of the line, but instead she is the first champion after the champ that no one, including Ember, could beat. She doesn't feel like a real champ, and that whole passing of the torch segment where Asuka handed her the belt was contrived.

Not to re-open old wounds but she is basically the female Finn Balor, right down to how she has a badass entrance and finisher.

Brock vs Goldberg III was eminently watchable. To say that it was a bad match or not on a par with the likes of Styles/Cena or even Styles/Brock is to completely miss the point.

The same kind of opinion that says Hogan/Andre is a terrible match.

They couldn't have formulated a better match between present day Goldberg and present day Brock Lesnar, and what they represent, than that match. If that's not to your tastes, it's not to your tastes.

They couldn't have formulated a better match between present day Goldberg and present day Brock Lesnar, and what they represent, than that match. If that's not to your tastes, it's not to your tastes.

It was an impeccable storyline all round.

I don't watch NJPW so for me Neville's reign was pretty good.

Alexa as RAW Champ is one I'd thought more people would talk about.

I do think Owens got shafted pretty significantly and he could have got an interesting match out of Goldberg before getting crushed but c'est la vie.

I do think Owens got shafted pretty significantly and he could have got an interesting match out of Goldberg before getting crushed but c'est la vie.

I agree with this. I don't think it would have been as good as DDP/Goldberg or even Regal/Goldberg, but Owens could have gotten something most of us would consider passable and fairly entertaining.

Ciampa turning Gargano was neat. Especially with that crowd's collective oooohhhhh at the turn.

I think the fact that it was a wrestlemania main event/championship match that makes it not to my taste, otherwise i'd probably have really enjoyed it

I actually enjoyed Goldber's last run. I thought the storyline was pretty neat and it's actually cool the fact that he has a Universal Championship in his accomplishments. He didn't overstay his welcome and I would actually like to watch him return to fight someone different. Maybe Samoa Joe. That would be sweet.

Also, I have to campaign for Roman Reigns's year. He was really entertaining all year round. Good to great matches every step of the way. Singles, multi-man, tag teams you name it, he did it really well. He also helped elevate Braun Strowman and his last bouts with Samoa Joe are screaming pay-per-view main event in the future. AJ Styles had that somber months with Jinder Mahal and Shane McMahon, and while he delivered given the opponents, I don't think he was more entertaining than Roman. Wrestling wise, those two are my favorite WWE workers of 2017, no doubt.

Just to finish. I think Shibata v. Okada should be at least nominated, if not the real winners of the Match Of The Year Award. The match was already really really good on it's own right, but what happened after, just makes it that much more impactful. It's a shame really. I can still hear that headbutt.

That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back