2017 Forum Awards Nomination Thread

Global Mod, actually. And, no, I just enforce the rules. There are two Admins above me as well as the people who own the site.

There's that problem with people in authority again.

You ok Dagger?

Nicest poster of the year:

Norcal for spending $700,000,000 to book a rumble ticket for me.
JGlass for letting me crash at his place.

Yo, I gotta say, I haven't really paid much attention to the forums for at least a year because I don't really watch wrestling anymore and I can just as easily facebook message any of my forum pals as try to talk to them on here, but I was recently tipped off to this post:

Your comments towards Japan and their wrestlers, to very little surprise quite honestly, were 100% uncalled for. The place somebody lives or wrestles in does not make them a good wrestler or not. Did you get insulted by a gym trainer who liked Stone Cold and just happened to be Japanese? Either you are trolling or are in serious need of professional help. What you said is borderline racist.

Dagger, you're such an asshole. You said you'd consider yourself a failure if your (imaginary) son turned out gay, and last year you made a post ranking the women of WWE's looks, and gave all the black girls considerably lower ranks than the white ones. I don't think a flat out bigot gets to call out people for being borderline racist.

This is your nicest guy and mod of the year: someone who hates gay people and at the very least thinks women wrestlers should be ranked at least partially based on how attractive they are (which is probably not a rare opinion, but it's a shitty one to have).

But hey, he green reps you a bunch and agrees with what you say, so fuck it, right?

Don't be sheep, vote JGlass for nicest poster of the year. I WILL exchange green rep for voters.

The nicest poster for me this year was this...

game-of-thrones-night-king-maxi-poster-1.58.jpg

Don't be sheep, vote JGlass for nicest poster of the year. I WILL exchange green rep for voters.

Stop stealing my gimmick or I'll use my super admin powers (deluxe mod powers, whatever) to strike down upon thee with great anger and furious red.

Worst Hairdo is up for nomination.

Oh I'll vote either Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un for that award. That is assuming that it is their real hair. Trump's hair resembles a pile of straw and Rocket Man's looks like a plastic mold. Both are kind of shady.

Off the top of my head....

Rookie Of The Year: Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick. Small body of work, but when he posts it is always insightful and well-written.

The Mustang Sally Award aka Nicest Poster: ShinChan. Easiest nomination by far, just a super nice kid. RIP Mustang Sally.

Best Non-Spam Wrestling Poster: Bernkastel. Always well-researched and educational, particularly come Wrestlezone tournament time.

Best Non-Spam Non Wrestling Poster: Mitch Henessey. The MVP of the non-wrestling sections and appears to be an all-around good guy.

Thread Of The Year: When do you feel the WWE roster was at its all-time strongest?(Old School Wrestling). Tough to say because I haven't read a lot of the threads posted but this one stands out to me as one I really enjoyed.

Flying Under The Radar: stingray11214. Rarely starts any threads but consistently interjects intelligent and well-written posts.

Brass Ring Award: Not exactly sure what this is.

Best Thread Starter: LODemolition. Started a lot of the threads I enjoyed the most, he was particularly strong in the Old School section.

Best Section: Old School PPV/TV Reviews. Valuable tool for research and as a nearly endless source of entertainment when not much is going on elsewhere. Can't give enough credit to klunderbunker; though I often disagree with his opinions, he is a true workhorse there.

Best Staff Member: Dagger Dias. Very well-rounded member who is strong at posting in both wrestling and non-wrestling and also happens to be a friendly guy.

Funniest Poster: enviousdominous. Very sharp and very quick, he manages to be funny while also being extremely articulate.

Best Return: enviousdominous. Seems he was absent a fair chunk of the year. I always look forward to his posts, even if they are often 2 smart 4 me.

Get Your Ass Back Here: Gelgarin. Haven't interacted with him, he's been mostly absent since I started posting more regularly but when reading back over old threads his knowledge stands out.

Best Tournament: Wrestlezone tournament XI. Always this forum's highlight for me.

Best Meltdown: The Warlord. Got so ass-blasted he resorted to replying with "liberal snowflake vagina hat wearing male feminists". 'Nuff said.

Most Delusional Mark: Bill Lesnar, only because he refers to himself in the third person(even though it's just ironically). I get a kick out of his schtick, though.

Best Username: George Steele's Barber.

And I'm going to make up a category: Post of the Year. For this I nominate klunderbunker, who managed to name-drop both Tommy Rich and Warren Spahn in one post(KB Answers Wrestling Questions). A truly heroic effort.

Ah hell, since everyone's making an award: I might as well make my own.

The Fire and Fury Award is the award that goes to the person that makes the most bombastic claims and yet never seems to follow it up with anything of substance.

In short: An award D_Henderson can win.

Ah hell, since everyone's making an award: I might as well make my own.

The Fire and Fury Award is the award that goes to the person that makes the most bombastic claims and yet never seems to follow it up with anything of substance.

In short: An award D_Henderson can win.
We'll call it the wrestlingmasters55 award. All lowercase.

We should have best designer award or best BT award... Oh wait! Don't know who to nominate. I know Dagger is the nicest dude and FrankenStein_Gate is the funniest poster, not on purpose, but he's like this: "I like this wrestler." BaconBits: "He sucks. Grow some balls". And he goes: "Yeah, you're right". Hilarious!

The Mustang Sally Award: Navi and Dagger Dias

Best Non-Spam Wrestling Poster: Jackhammer

Best Non-Spam Non Wrestling Poster: Mitch Hennesy and SSJPhenom(I have no shame)

Thread of the Year: NBA Offseason. It was a great thread

Best Thread Starter: Jackhammer

Best Section: Old School Wrestling and Media

Best Staff Member: Jackhammer and Dagger Dias

Funniest Poster: George Steele's Barber

Best Tournament: Wrestlezone Tournament

These are all I have for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads