Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 16

Titanic
titanic_4.jpg

Vs.

Jerry Maguire
199178~Jerry-Maguire-Posters.jpg

Wow I don't want to vote in this one. I was never big on either of these films and found both to be vastly overrated. Titanic was about a big boat that sank. Leo is in it, and he draws a naked woman. Other than that, it was lost on me. Maguire was ok I suppose. Troy Aikman carried it for me, but other than that, it jsut didn't do it for me. In the end, I'll side with Jerry though, as it has football in it.

Titanic is better, but not by much. Jerry Maguire relies on cheesy lines and cliché's to get by. At least Titanic tries really hard. It has a decent romantic story set to the backdrop of one of the most famous disasters in the past century. Jerry Maguire can't compete with that. Jerry Maguire would be easily forgotten if not for the two lines that made it famous: "You had me at hello" and "Show me the money!" If not for those phrases it wouldn't be nearly as famous as it is. Titanic is long and drawn out, but still miles ahead of Jerry Maguire.

Titanic is great, it had a great story, great plot. The movie really was never about the boat sinking, you knew (hopefully) that the boat was going to going to sink in the movie. Instead the movie was centered around the relationship between Jack and Rose, a spontaneous and forbidden relationship, is meshed together with the sinking of the ship. What really gets me about this film is the symbolism surrounding the movie. In reality the legend of the Titanic was shrouded in the fact that it was thought to be unsinkable - and the fact that it sunk, and the movie plays of this. Simple moments, such as the panic and often cowardliness are shown when the boat begins to sink, and one of my favorite moments - the orchestra, which continues to play happy and cheerful music as the boat sinks beneath the icy waves. The symbolism of the forbidden relationship between Jack and Rose, which ultimately saves Roses life. She reflects on this on the end of the film.

Jerry Maguire is a good film, and it has its moments, but its up against a superior film here in Titanic

I give my vote to Titanic

Titanic here is the easy choice for me. That is not to say that Jerry Maguire is by any chance, a bad movie, it is a great movie, way better than a lot of movies that will be gonig on to the next round. Its about love, change, friendships, respect, and... FOOTBALL. Well not really about football, but it is based around it. Please give your votes to this fine movie, it deserves it. That said. Titanic is better. A incredible script, great acting, and one of the best directing jobs ever, out of James Cameron. This movie made almost... or did make $2,000,000,000. That is incredible, they had to do something right. Titanic could coast along quite well in this tournament, unless it hits an ice berg on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back