Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament
Round 2, Match 3

Die Hard

Die%20Hard.jpg

Vs.

Aliens

2008_03-nv006.jpg

Hmm, the story of a regular police office, versus the story of a futuristic regular ship pilot. One has terrorists, one has aliens. I think aliens win out here. Die Hard deserved to get to this round, the same reason that the 70s second round deserved Dirty Harry. But that is as far as they need to go. They are great action movies, but Die Hard does not match up over Aliens. James Cameron upped Ridley Scott in his Alien movie, to make a great sequel. Aliens wins.

While I love Die Hard and everything that Bruce Willis does for that movie and it's franchise, Aliens is just a superior, kick ass movie. Die Hard is a pure action movie, and it takes you on one helluva ride, but it's little more then a popcorn flick in the long run.

Aliens however is a great popcorn action flick, but it will manage to scare the holy hell out of you as well. James Cameron proves that he is an amazing film maker. He takes what Ridley Scott brought to the world, and managed to do just as much if not more with it. In the end, Aliens wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back