1980s Bracket Round 1 Match 15-15.)Full Metal Jacket vs. 19.)Ferris Bueller's Day Off

What is the better movie?

• Full Metal Jacket

• Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 15

Full Metal Jacket
full_metal_jacket.jpg

Vs.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
B00001MXXH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

As great as FMJ is, I'm taking Ferris here. Vietnam has been done to death in this tournament. Let's have a comedy take over for awhile. And what a comedy it is. Ferriss is the god of high school slackers. The things he does in this movie have been copied into tv more times than I can remember. There are so many laughs in this movie its unbelievable. The whole thing is jsut so well done that it beats FMJ, and that's saying something.

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is a classic. John Hughes greatest accomplishment too, in my opinion. I definitely vote for it to go into the next round.

While it has its flaws, "Ferris Bueller" is still one of the most fun films to sit through. Matthew Broderick was fantastic in it, and so was Alan Ruck. And the story was so enjoyable. Every one hates going to school, so seeing this guy who you can't help but love skip it and always get the upper hand on his parents and jackass principal (who was played awesomely by Jeffrey Jones)... it was just fun. Also, Ferris' relationship with Cameron was beyond hilarious. Those two worked so well together and it was their scenes arguing that really stole the show. Also, when they in the museum, that little musical number they do while they're showing those 'priceless works of art' was beautifully shot. And Ferris running home added a great thrill factor to the movie because you so badly don’t want him to get caught.

While "Full Metal Jacket" is a good movie, it's just... been there, done that. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is not only original, but just a magical film period.

I am going to have to pick Ferris Bueller's Day Off here too. It is a classic 80's comedy. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller... That is simple comedy that is funny to different generations. It isn't crude, it isn't voguer, it is just pure enjoyment. It has a great assortment of stars, from Broderick to Ruck to well Jeffrey Jones was good in it, won't mention anything else about him. It was creative, and inspiration, to all those people who just want a day for themselves where anything goes.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is THE iconic teenager movie of the 1980s. There are other great teen movies, Fast Times and Ridgemont High, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, but, Bueller is what we could only dream of when we played hooky from High School.

Full Metal Jacket was a decent movie, not great. The training sequences were intense, but, I think it really lost a lot once the scene shifted from boot camp to battle...it kinda lost steam. I don't even think it is the best Vietnam movie, that honor goes to Platoon.

Full Metal Jacket is ok. Hardly great. Take away the great opening 40 minutes and waht have you got? A pretty average war film. Because it's a Kubrick film it looks very nice, but it's still easily he worst film.

Voting in it's favour will depend soley on weather people want to vote for an opeing half that better than all of Ferris Bueller, or a more complete film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back