1970s Bracket Round 3, Match 1-1)The Godfather vs. 24)Monty Python and the Holy Grail

What is the better movie?

• The Godfather

• Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament 1970s Bracket,
Round 3, Match 1

The Godfather

the-godfather.jpg

Vs.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-ver1.jpg

"The Godfather", easily.

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"... God I just don't get the love for this movie. I never, ever liked it.

I actually didn't watch "The Godfather" until a couple of years ago and I thought it was fucking great. Usually the only movies I really enjoy that I see for the first time these days from the early seventies are Kung-Fu flicks, but "The Godfather" shockingly lived up to its hype, which I didn't expect. I was fully expecting to find it boring, but it was compelling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Same case for #2, which I personally find better then the first one.

Bye bye, Monty Python.

This thread is probably not going to have even 10 posts in it because there's really nothing to say. Everyone knows how great The Godfather is. Monty Python's big, but nowhere near worthy to dethrone the Godfather.

And...uh.......yeah. That's about it haha.

The Godfather.

On one hand, you have one of the greatest dramas in the history of film. A movie that, (according to the film "You've Got Mail" and quite accurately) can explain EVERYTHING in life at one time or another. Some of the greatest characters of all time, and one of the most riveting descents of a character from wholesome good guy to despicable heel.

On the other hand, you have one of the best farce films ever made in MPHG. The British Comedy Troupe's most famous work (some argue Life With Brian was a better film), Monty Python has to be in the top 20 list of the most quotable films every made.

But it's no where NEAR The Godfather. Coppola's classic has, and forever will, stand the test of time. An author wrote two books - The Godfather Returns and The Godfather's Revenge to explain what happens between the first the second films, and the second and third films. Maybe we will see them become films one day, akin to Star Wars. Maybe Scorcese will direct them. Or maybe they will just leave the legacy alone.

Until I voted, Godfather somehow only had a one vote lead. How? Who can come on here and prove that Godfather is a lesser movie compared to a farce movie? Sure, Monty Python has a huge cult following, but Holy Grail was not even better than Life Of Brian. As I say that, I am waiting for someone to say that Godfather is not as good as Godfather 2. Well if you say that, compare Life with Brian to either of these films, and you have my answer. Godfather should be dominating this. Choose the victor here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back