1970's Bracket Round 1 Match 1-1.)The Godfather vs. The Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'WrestleZone Movie Tournament (2008)' started by klunderbunker, Oct 6, 2008.

?

What is the better movie?

1. The Godfather

2. The Muppet Movie

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
    Round 1, Match 1-

The Godfather

[​IMG]

Vs.

[​IMG]

The Muppet Movie​

2. FromTheSouth

FromTheSouth You don't want it with me.

Is there really a question here? I love the Muppets just as much as anyone. From a shy Kermit, to a lecherous Miss. Piggy, this movie has everything. Well, everything except violence, betrayal, and believability.

If I want to suspend disbelief, the Muppets are always good, but if I want a movie to force me to believe, then it's The Godfather. This is perhaps the best movie of all time. The story is crisp, the acting is top shelf, and the aspects of reality make this match up laughable. If this were the NCAA tournament, this is North Carolina vs. Holy Cross. And while Holy Cross would look good, they would still lose by 50. The same applies here, Godfather in a walk.

3. jmt225

jmt225 Global Moderator

Even as a kid I couldn't sit through those fucking Muppets. I couldn't stand their stupid ass TV show, and I can't stand all their stupid little movies, including this one.

"The Godfather", on the other hand, while not as good as number 2, is a true fucking classic. I'll get more into it once it goes up against tougher competition, but for now, this Muppet crap shouldn't get one fucking vote. That shit was terrible, while "The Godfather" is one of the most legendary pictures of all time.

4. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

If it were "The Great Muppet Caper" instead of "The Muppet Movie," this might go differently. But it's not.

The Godfather is among the greatest movies ever made. It was the first film where the sequel was arguably better than the original. It was so packed with star power, amazing characters, cool dialouge, etc. Even in the film "You've Got Mail," the tao of the Godfather is extolled as the answer to all of life's questions.

What should I eat tonight? Leave the gun, take the canolis.

What day is it? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Thursday, Friday.

There are only two questions to ask: 1) How many people will show up to vote in what is a certain shutout, and 2) if it isn't a shutout, how much red rep will the one or two dissenters get?

5. My$terio_Fan

My$terio_Fan I can do whatever I want

The Muppets movie is a nice little film, but it's up against argubly the greatest and most popular film of all time. AFI(American Film Institute) has rated it top 3 of all time and it's the highest rated movie by them in this tournement. Not only did it have strong acting, writing, cinemetography, art direction, ect, it also was hugely sucessful at the boxoffice, and is one of the most wide known movie of all time.

6. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

I love the Muppet Movie. In fact, I love the muppets, the Muppets and Jim henson's tripped out imagination was pretty much the backbone of any childs psyche while growing up. The Muppet Movie was a nice, fun movie, but even my utter discontent for the legacy and over rated lure that is the Godfather, can't rightfully vote for teh Muppets in this match.

7. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Pretty much what Shocky said. I am a big fan of the Muppets and own almost all of the dvds of their movies. They're an American institution and have been watched and enjoyed by millions of adults and children alike. That being said, we're going to need about 12 graves for the Muppets after the Godfather kills them. This could be the biggest blowout of the tournament. Godfather might be the greatest film of all time bar none. The film is practically perfect in any way you want to look at it. I'll save my bigger bullets for it for later.

8. Monkey_Mania

Monkey_Mania I Am The One Who Knocks

I like the Muppets, just like any kid does. But this movie is up against The God Fucking Father. Wow that sounds bad, lol. Seriously though, The Godfather is an abo****e work of art. A Classic film that has stood the test of time. The Godfather I expect to go very far, and there really is no arguement that the muppets should go over here. Definitely The Godfather.

9. AnthonyMango/NoFate007

AnthonyMango/NoFate007 A Post Is Worth A Thousand Words

The Godfather wins, hands down. As others have pointed out, this film is one of the few that could be considered the best film ever by a wide audience, not just a small clique of friends. I wouldn't doubt if the Godfather won this tournament. I don't know really what else to say except...

The Godfather.

10. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Oh come on. Even NoFate gave a short post, very uncharacteristic of his posting ability. But he didnt have to give a long post for this one. This is the biggest squash ever. I hated the Muppet Movie, I hate the Muppets, I hate socks even. Godfather... Well Ill talk about the GodFather after is plows through some of the competition here.