19 Chrono Trigger -v - Golden Sun 110

?

• Chrono Trigger

• Golden sun

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Chrono_Trigger.jpg

95% of people who like Golden Sun like Chrono Trigger. Yours skills of choosing will come into play when you have to give up one of your children!

256px-Gsbox.jpg

Damn talk about an ironic matchup. These games are similar in many ways and are two of the very best RPG's of all time. They are incredibly similar in nearly every ways but there is one difference. Without Chrono Trigger, there would be no Golden Sun. Chrono Trigger is probably the most influential RPG of all time and without it we wouldn't have many games that we have now. I am happy to call Golden Sun my absolute favorite hand-held game of all time and is within my top 5 favorite games of all time, but I can't justify putting it over Chrono Trigger.

Golden Sun was a good game, BUT.... it is up against a monster in Chrono Trigger, an RPG that was way ahead of its time (no pun intended). Chrono Trigger gave us New Game + which several games have incorporated counterparts of ever since, and a great ability system where your heroes could combine their attacks. The soundtrack was breathtaking too for an SNES game. I am putting my support behind Chrono Trigger in this poll because it's such a great game that deserves all the hype it gets.

Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games of all time. It has a great and colorful cast, one of the few time traveling stories that actually makes sense, and very fun gameplay in the form of the combo attacks. It's really the only RPG that I genuinely enjoyed every character in my party and wanted to use them all. That, and the choice oriented story, producing a plethora of endings, was unprecedented at the time and gave it a ton of replay value (along with it's introduction of the New Game+ feature). Awesome, awesome game.

I'mma let you finish later Golden Sun but Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPG's of all time and gets my unwavering support here.

Comparison wise, this is one of the easier rounds in the tournament as both games happen to be RPG's and very good ones at that.

Conceptually Chrono Trigger has to be the best RPG of all time. I cannot remember too many RPG's using a time travel feature and it was almost unthinkable at that time. Coupled with this you have the introduction of the new game+ concept and a fine combat system, you do wonder if this game hs ever been supeseeded in terms of impact at least.

Golden Sun is one of the best looking RPG's that I have played but I do not think that it offers a lot of new stuff in terms of gameplay unlike Chrono Trigger. Its about magic spells and even more magic spells and there are a lots of games of that sort.

I'm voting for Chrono Trigger here.

I wasn't expecting this much of a slaughter. Chrono trigegr wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back