120 Super Mario Galaxy -v- 53 Donkey Kong 64

Discussion in 'Hyrule Region' started by Lee, Jun 11, 2011.

?

?

1. Galaxy

2. DK64

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

Both made their debuts in the same game, both actual games are vastly different to Donkey Kong. Who wins? You decide! Four day poll remember!

[​IMG]

2. Derf

Derf O.M.G.

Right now, I'm going to hold off voting for these two games, because I honestly can't pick one over the other. Both were tons of fun, both were massive, both made me super happy. So I'm going to let others sway my vote here, because I am completely torn.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Donkey Kong 64 wasn't even the best platformer on the N64. It was a massive collect-fest that was pumped full of glitches and stupid timed mission after stupid timed mission. It might have been big and fun but it really wasn't that good.

Super Mario Galaxy was brilliant, inventing a new twist on the classic platforming action we've come to know and love with Mario, coupled with a really good story (something not really seen in Mario games usually) and some of the nicest graphics and music on the Wii.

It should absolutely flatten DK64 here, because it's superior in every way.

Bernkastel likes this.
  4. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

I'm going with Galaxy here. Somehow it was able to beat Final Fantasy X so it must be destined to make a run even with it's sequel in a higher seed. Galaxy took the Mario franchise and somehow made it even bigger than it already was. It's believed to not only be the best Wii game but one of the best video games of all time. I can't say the same for Kong 64 that while good, it can't match up to Galaxy.

5. Arkham Noir

Arkham Noir With black birds following me

:(

Two of my personal favourite games ever. The only thing worse than choosing between them is watching DK 64 get destroyed like this.

In technical terms, Super Mario Galaxy is the better game. Better visuals, bigger impact, and the more enjoyable experience. There really isn't any reason for DK 64 to go over here and it won't.

With all that said, I'm giving the sympathy vote to Donkey Kong 64. Galaxy is going to go over anyways so I really don't see the point in aiding in the over-kill. Especially for a game that I hold very fond memories of.

6. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Although I supported Donkey Kong 64 in the previous round, there is no chance of it winning here. Mario Galaxy destroys it in every category because it has better gameplay, music, characters, and moments than DK64 had. One had tons of collecting with 5 characters but the other revolutionized its genre and only needed one. (Two if you count the secret Luigi mode). DK64 was cool despite a few annoyances while Mario Galaxy was amazing and had nothing remotely annoying about it. Mario has my vote.

7. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Galaxy wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.