Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Kerry Von Erich
Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta
Owen Hart vs. Jun Akiyama
Kenta Kobashi vs. Tito Santana
Mitsuhara Misawa vs. Lou Thesz
Toshiaki Kawada vs. Lex Luger
Dean Malenko vs. Great Muta
Bobby Lashley vs. Tiger Mask I

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Lex Luger is the only one that shouldnt be a Slam Dunk :suspic:

Maybe Owen Hart vs. Jun Akiyama. But come on, the others...Just come on.

I will vote Hayabusa, Tiger Mask, Muta, Baba and Liger for sure. There may be more but I'm trying to remain open minded.

I'm on the Kobashi bandwagon this year. If you look at it from an objective standpoint, there are few people he couldn't beat. Granted, few people are going to look at it from an objective standpoint.

WWE_Logo.jpg

I'm on the Kobashi bandwagon this year. If you look at it from an objective standpoint, there are few people he couldn't beat. Granted, few people are going to look at it from an objective standpoint.

Yeah, that's the problem, getting people to be objective and fair. I'll be putting as much support as I can behind the man, but if he faces someone like HBK again he's likely going to lose.

The fuck is your point here? You act like I don't watch every single WWE show and praise them just as much as I would a puro show.

The fuck is your point here? You act like I don't watch every single WWE show and praise them just as much as I would a puro show.

Lol, calm down, 'twas a joke, and not directed at anyone. I'm just getting into 'Shawn Michaels FTW' character.

Sorry, it just gets kind of annoying how some of you like to insult us for supporting Japanese wrestlers, like we're assholes for liking something different.

You ARE an asshole ;). I'm kidding, I'm posting random stuff in lots of campaign things. I thought the WWE sign would be more powerful than a HBK pic here though :)

Yeah, that's the problem, getting people to be objective and fair. I'll be putting as much support as I can behind the man, but if he faces someone like HBK again he's likely going to lose.
I know. I'd guess at least a good handful of people voting in the tournament haven't heard of Kobashi. Then there's the people who haven't seen the Burning Hammer, and how it's pretty much, the best finisher ever (against people his size or smaller). As for HBK, I'm on the anti-HBK bandwagon. Never liked the guy.

Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Ladies and Gentleman,

After giving things some more thought, here's how I see things breaking down in terms of who will be waging battles for whom:

1) My main concentration will be on getting Misawa and Tsuruta into Round 2.

2) xfearbefore will be concentrating on Kobashi and, if he doesn't have an extreme love for Luger, on Kawada. I have a good argument up my sleeve for Kawada, but I think you're more than capable of handling things by yourself on the Kobashi front.

3) LigerBomb will of course be handling Liger in the first round.

4) Ty can handle Muta in round one.

5) Tiger Suplex can handle Tiger Mask in round one.

6) Given the love for Owen and how little people unfortunately know about Akiyama, I'm moving this match into the fat chance category. I'll put up an opening argument for him, but, I'm not going to debate people if they respond.

Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Ladies and Gentleman,

After giving things some more thought, here's how I see things breaking down in terms of who will be waging battles for whom:

1) My main concentration will be on getting Misawa and Tsuruta into Round 2.

Misawa has a tough draw in Thesz, but I see Tsuruta going over Abyss fairly easily, not many Abyss fans on here and I think most people will realize just how superior Jumbo is.

2) xfearbefore will be concentrating on Kobashi and, if he doesn't have an extreme love for Luger, on Kawada. I have a good argument up my sleeve for Kawada, but I think you're more than capable of handling things by yourself on the Kobashi front.

I'm confident Kobashi should be able to defeat Tito Santana, not sure after that though, when I was filling out my brackets though TDigs eventually I came to the match-up of Kobashi vs Misawa, so that match is a possibility in the future. What side would you be on in that scenario? As for Kawada, I'd love to see your thoughts on the man so I'd appreciate hearing your argument for him when the time comes.

3) LigerBomb will of course be handling Liger in the first round.

Liger should be good to go for a bit, he's one of the more well known Japanese wrestlers, plus he was quite successful in America.

4) Ty can handle Muta in round one.

I'm a big Dean Malenko mark, but yeah, Muta goes over there and I definitely see him winning that one.

5) Tiger Suplex can handle Tiger Mask in round one.

I'm a big fan of Sayama as well so I'll definitely be tossing some jabs in there. No WAY should he lose to someone like Bobby Lashley.

6) Given the love for Owen and how little people unfortunately know about Akiyama, I'm moving this match into the fat chance category. I'll put up an opening argument for him, but, I'm not going to debate people if they respond.

Yeah that's going to be the toughest one yet in my opinion, even I was torn on that one for a bit. I'm giving Akiyama the nod because of his success in actually capturing Heavyweight gold whereas Owen could never quite achieve that World champion status. Still, tough one, I'm a big Owen mark, think he's better than Bret even.

Oh and TDigs, is that Bobbi Starr in your signature?

Fellow Friends Of Puro,

Here are the match-ups for the Japs in the first round; I will classify them as either slam dunks (90% chance of a win), possible wins (50% chance of a win), and fat chances (10% chance of a win):

Slam Dunks
Antonio Inoki vs. CM Punk
Samoa Joe vs. Giant Baba

No real arguments here, although I could see Joe getting fan support (undeserved for the most part) on here.

Possibilities

Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Jumbo should massacre him.

Same as Jumbo, and I love Santana.

Same, but Luger gets odd support. He was ok but he was someone you could only watch for awhile at a time. In the late 80s and early 90s he was good though.

I'd go slam dunk for Lashley here.

The rest I agree with you on for the most part.

The only Fujinami match I remember was vs. Flair at the first Superbrawl. I almost fell asleep which I blame completely on the IDIOTIC NWA angle/real life drama going on at the time.

Reactions: X
Misawa has a tough draw in Thesz, but I see Tsuruta going over Abyss fairly easily, not many Abyss fans on here and I think most people will realize just how superior Jumbo is.

I'm confident Kobashi should be able to defeat Tito Santana, not sure after that though, when I was filling out my brackets though TDigs eventually I came to the match-up of Kobashi vs Misawa, so that match is a possibility in the future. What side would you be on in that scenario? As for Kawada, I'd love to see your thoughts on the man so I'd appreciate hearing your argument for him when the time comes.

Liger should be good to go for a bit, he's one of the more well known Japanese wrestlers, plus he was quite successful in America.

I'm a big Dean Malenko mark, but yeah, Muta goes over there and I definitely see him winning that one.

I'm a big fan of Sayama as well so I'll definitely be tossing some jabs in there. No WAY should he lose to someone like Bobby Lashley.

Yeah that's going to be the toughest one yet in my opinion, even I was torn on that one for a bit. I'm giving Akiyama the nod because of his success in actually capturing Heavyweight gold whereas Owen could never quite achieve that World champion status. Still, tough one, I'm a big Owen mark, think he's better than Bret even.

Oh and TDigs, is that Bobbi Starr in your signature?

Yes, yes it is.

I got Kobashi over Misawa, if push comes to shove.

Now, as for what's so great about Kawada, there are two things. One, is it just due to simple luck that his contemporaries are either dead or hobble around now while he's in perfect health? It has nothing to do with luck. Kawada is arguably the smartest wrestler ever; he always took the sickest bumps, but he took nowhere near as many as the likes of Kobashi and Misawa. He has a perfect sense of what is necessary for a great match, and he always makes sure to not go above and beyond this.

Two, his timing and accuracy's fucking sick. This guy could probably be on a speeding train, jump off of it, and dropkick a panther running in the opposite direction. No other Japanese wrestler has such fluid matches, and this precisely because they don't have Kawada's gift.

Ey tdigle, I'm a huge huge fan of Japanese wrestlers/legends and you've got my support the entire tournament. My favorite wrestlers are Misawa (both as Tiger Mask 2 and as himself), Jushin Liger, Great Sasuke, Great Muta (Keiji Mutoh) and the original Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama). If I can help you in any way, please feel free to ask. I love to do research and I'm thorough. Here's some of my threads that show this:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=103569
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=103281
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=108016

If you need me on the campaign trail, I'd be glad to help. I'm a loyal soldier to Puroresu. Burning Hammer, Falcon Arrow and Shining Wizard for the mother fucking win.

th_Great_Muta.jpg
Ultimo_Dragon6.jpg
JushinLiger.jpg
Mitsuharu_Misawa.jpg
1239830429656_f.jpg

thrilla11, you are a welcome addition to this contingent man, we need as much support as possible and you seem like a cool dude.

thrilla11, you are a welcome addition to this contingent man, we need as much support as possible and you seem like a cool dude.

Thanks Mr. Eko. Coming from a man that has Kobashi as his avatar and Battle Royale as his sig, that means a lot. So what can I do to help?

Just make a good argument for who you think should win when the tournament starts.

Slam Dunks
Antonio Inoki vs. CM Punk
Samoa Joe vs. Giant Baba
I'm torn on the Inoki-Punk match up, my love for Punk has grown more then I can explain from his heel turn, he is actually my favorite to watch in wrestling right now, period, been that way for a while. That being said, I will vote Inoki. I'l elaborate on that in the thread though.

Possibilities
Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta
Most of these look like very good chances, with the exception of Owen Hart vs Akiyama, Owen gets a lot of love, and people aren't very familiar with Akiyama.Tsuruta should be a guarantee to get in the second round, he is nothing short of a legend and should go over Abyss no problem. I'm am voting all these guys, except Kawada, I never really have cared about him, and I am a Luger fan.

Fat Chances
Sting vs. Hayabusa
Tatsumi Fujinami vs. The Rock

:(. Thats how I feel about Fujimani leaving in the first round. I wish he would have got a better draw, but he would had of left sometime, so its all cool. He is virtually my favorite Puro wrestler of all time though, so I am still voting for him.

Oh I am definitely in on this contingency, however I will be backing Punk over Inoki. Don't kill me for it, Punk is my favorite wrestler at the moment. I understand Inoki's importance and all that, but I want Punk to advance so if my puro wrestling mark card is revoked for that reason, so be it.

And by and by, Muta over Malenko, quite easily.

Antonio "The Sorcerer" Inoki looks like he's gonna make a run in this thing.

And yet Misawa is losing to the Rock. :disappointed:
It's a damn travesty is what it is.
Damn.
Damn.
Damn.
Damn.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-6CmCaDvkA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-6CmCaDvkA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back