Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – Curb your Enthusiasm vs 30 Rock

1-curb-your-enthusiasm.jpg

VS

30rock_l.jpg

Curb Your Enthusiasm all day and all night here. I really like 30 Rock, but frankly it's the most overrated show in the history of television. That's not to say it isn't good, no, infact it's GREAT, but if 30 Rock wins another fucking Emmy or Golden Globe I'm going to commit suicide because every year they walk away with about 5000 of them, most of them completely undeserving. Hollywood has a raging hard on for Tina Fey and 30 Rock, and it really starts to piss me off sometimes. They overhype the show WAY too much. Great show, but overrated if that makes sense.

Whereas Curb Your Enthusiasm is hardcorely underrated. In my opinion it's Larry David's best show (better than Seinfeld), and I challenge anyone to watch an episode without laughing. It's simply one of the funniest fucking shows on TV, everyone in the cast is great (specifically David and I LOVE JB Smoove to death). This past season was one of the funniest ones I'd seen in a while. Great, great show. Gets my vote here.

I'm going to vote 30 Rock here but after hearing X's love of Curb I'm going to check out and might be regretting my vote, Actually I'm going to abstain because of X. But I'm going to still profess my love of 30 Rock. This show is one of the shows I forget about during Thursday's but when it comes on I can't turn it off. This has one of the best casts and Tracy Morgan has cracked me up every episode. It's become overrated because of the numerous awards but if you haven't watched it be sure to check it out.

I enjoy both shows a lot, but honestly I have not watched enough of Curb your Enthusiasm. I used to watch it all the time when I had HBO but I haven't had HBO for a couple years now. Since then I have begun watching 30 Rock and have developed a great liking for it.

The cast is so funny show in and show out. They all always deliver and I have yet to be upset with an episode. Also, I am not the biggest fan of Larry Davids dry humor. Don't get me wrong I love dry humor and all but Larry David does not do much for me other then Seinfeld. Whereas the over the top comedy that makes up for 30 Rock really puts it over more, in my opinion.

I've watched more 30 Rock, and it's definetly not better. It's an alright show, but not one of the best on TV. Alec Baldwin is just annoying in anything he's involved in. Tracy Morgan is incredible in it though, but isn't he always?

Curb Your Enthusiasm is masterful. Larry David is a genius and pretty much any show he creates is going to be fantastic.

GD's post is what I will say as well. I watched most of the first two seasons of 30 Rock, looking for a great show, but it was not for me. I didn't find it to funny, I didn't think Tina Fey was funny, or Morgan, or any of the support cast barring Alec Baldwin. Curb You Enthusiasm is probably better quality than Seinfeld, but it is less funny for me, but it moves on here.

Curb Your Enthusiasm might be high on the bandwagon in terms of shows I'll endorse throughout this tournament. I'm a mark for Larry David, plain and simple. TM"s right to say this might be better than Seinfeld. I will make more of a case for it when I have to, because I expect this show to ease by. But in the meantime, allow me this time to say that I don't think Tina Fey is a good writer. At all. She gets away with this show because she's great as an actress, and she has Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan to back her up. But her writing on SNL was appalling, and I mean every bit of that.

Larry David, on the other hand, is a fantastic writer, and this was truly his brain child. Seinfeld was all well and good, but this was all Larry David. And it's absolutely fantastic. It's tongue in cheek, and just an overall great show. Put it through over this. And when it faces better competition, I'll plead my case more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back