00's Region - 3rd Round - How I Met Your Mother vs The Office (UK)

How I Met Your Mother vs The Office (UK)

• How I Met Your Mother

• The Office (UK)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

00's Region - 3rd Round - How I Met Your Mother vs The Office (UK)

how_i_met_your_mother5.jpg

VS

the_officeuk__1229482173_9453.jpg

HIMYM gets my vote here. Now before anyone starts the "Oh you've never seen the UK version of The Office" I have indeed watched it on Adult Swim, and honestly I didn't enjoy it. Granted I don't enjoy the US version of The Office either, so that's kind of a moot point. Regardless, Barney Stinson is easily one of my favorite TV characters of all time, and yes I realize that's a lot to say but it's the truth. Barney alone gets my vote over The Office.

I have voted for The Office up until this point but this is as far as it is likely to go.

How I Met Your Mother is a show that I had known very little about until about a year ago. I caught the very last part of it on a stream whilst waiting for Raw to come on and I fell in love. Barney Stinson is a character that every man aspires to be and since then Neil Patrick Harris has been a hero to me. HIMYM is a fantastically brilliant show and it's humour may only be loved by few but it is very infectious. The cast are absolutely brilliant and whilst I still cannot name them all first hand, I know that they put on a great show every week. Jason Segal and Allyson Hannigan are brilliant as a couple and this show really launched Segal's career in comedy. However, as I said, Neil Patrick Harris is the life-bloof of this show and I could not imagine it without him.

Sure, The Office has some good characters and Ricky Gervais is a good actor. I enjoyed The Office during it's run and it is of no wonder that it has gathered cult acclaim in the UK and beyond. However, If I was forced to choose between the two, it would be How I Met Your Mother all day long.

HIMYM is pretty boring. I've tried to watch it a few times, but it just didn't click for me. Plus, the name is much too long and hard to abbreviate. The Office(UK) is simple. TOUK.

Also, the Office is a damn good show. I don't enjoy it as much as the US version, being that I'm American and all, but it's funny in it's own right. Definetly good enough to beat Neal Patrick Harris.

Even though The Office US got unfairly removed..., I think I have to help the UK version also get the ax. Two seasons of it versus five seasons of How I met your mother, a show I fell in love with this summer is not a fair match. I think the cast of HIMYM is the greatest cast for a sitcom I have ever saw, with each character being lovable in their own way. And really, the Top Gun impersonation is one of my favourite sit com moments ever.

How I Met Your Mother is the show I'm least familiar with that I've voted for or against in this whole tournament. From what I've seen of it, it is passable, whereas The Office spent two years being full of genuine comedy class. One British and one Irish person has voted against The Office, and I'm sceptical that everyone has actually seen it. The finale of The Office is probably the best last episode of any sitcom ever, even M*A*S*H*, and I think it outstrips anything that this Friends clone du jour could ever manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back