Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – The Inbetweeners vs Still Game

the_inbetweeners1.jpg

VS

stillgame_396x222.jpg

I backed The Inbetweeners because I would legitimately like to see a British show make it through the first couple of rounds. Although I personally think that Still Game was the better show and had slightly better writing, I went for the more popular show. This was a hard choice for me because it involves two shows that I feel very strongly about and it could have gone in any direction if I am honest. Still Game is hilarious and has reached cult status in Scotland. It followed up nicely from Chewin The Fat and Greg Hemphill and Ford Kiernan really did do a great job of encapsulating the life of an everyday Scot.

The Inbetweeners though, is amazing. I watched the first series and never stopped laughing from start to finish. The character of Will is exactly how I see myself and it really is the most true to school life show I have ever watched. I am glad to see that both of these shows made it but I will be backing The Inbetweeners because I think it has more of a shot in the later rounds.

Inbetweeners gets my vote here, if only because I've never seen Still Game, or even heard of it until just now. Inbetweeners is one of the few British shows in this tournament that I've seen and enjoyed though, so obviously it's going to get my vote. I blame the clever avatars that Luther uploaded of the show.

Inbetweeners. It is soo fucking funny. Jay is superb and rivals Barney out of HIMYM in my favourite character. I just love every single episode to death. It shows school life better than alot of other shows. I feel it is also how me and my friends are like which is a good thing, I guess...

The Inbetweeners here, heavily as my Brit Favourite, after watching 10 seconds of it. Still Game never mentions the term "Bus Wankers" once in all of its episodes, and that really is the reason why I have to vote against it.

I'll go with Inbetweeners after getting a little taste of both shows. Young kids > old guys and bus wanker > all. Seriously. Honestly, I haven't see much of either, but just by first impression, Inbetweeners seems like something I'd be more interested in.

The Inbetweeners is my dark horse for the whole tournament, it's probably the best British sitcom for about 20 years, so therefore by default the best sitcom for about 20 years. It captures life in a sixth form perfectly, no matter how farfetched the situations seem, you can always relate it back to your own experiences. Except knocking out a sly one in an old people's home. Though I'm sure somebody's done it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back