Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – How I Met Your Mother vs The Big Bang Theory

How-I-Met-Your-Mother-tv-01.jpg

VS

big-bang-theory-renewed.jpg

I mean really! IC and Tdigs must have gotten together and said, "Let's make Lariat's life a living hell in this tourney by pitting Seinfeld against Family Guy, and his two favorite shows at the moment together." I know that's not the case. But dammit. I'll choose.

It's HIMYM for me. Big Bang Theory's great, but still in it's infancy. It'll be a great show, but in time, HIMYM will go down as a classic. The concept is made for longevity. Telling the story of meeting their mom to his kids. Bob Saget narrating and Neil Patrick Harris. Barney Stinson is my current fave character on TV. True story.

Sorry, Big Bang. I'm taking the sure thing here.

This is the match I was ready for. I like the first season of The Big Bang Theory but it's decreased in entertainment afterward. But the first season can't hold a candle to even one episode of How I Met Your Mother.

I'm not going to deny, HIMYM is by far my favorite show. I've been watching from the first season and every character on that show is amazing. You have Ted who's looking for love. The couple of Lily and Marshel. Robin the Canadian Tom-boy. And the amazing NPH as Barney the opposite of his real life. Every episode is good and has a good moral at the end. If you haven't see this show go on Hulu now and look up any episode, they're all good.

Not a fan of HIMYM at all. Tried to watch it a few times, never got into it at all. I prefer NPH in Harold and Kumar. The Big Bang Theory is actually quite a nice little show. Whatsher face is hot, as usual, and it's consistantly funny each and every week.

Vote Big Bang Theory, Sheldon commands you.

Son of a bitch! I'm just getting into HIMYM and I find it far preferable and honest compared to something like Friends. However, The Big Bang Theory is one of the most underrated comedies on TV right now. It really could have been horrible, Blonde girls moved next door to geeks just screams awful cliche ridden American comedy. The reality is it's far more intelligent than that and refuses to appeal to the lowest common denominator, all the while being very funny and actually really sweet.

HIMYM for me and in a landslide.

There is two reasons that I am going to vote for this show over The Big Bang Theory and their names are Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segal. Those two alone make this show perfect and Harris in particular is exceptional. I immediately bought into this show when it was launched and I have watched it ever since. It doesn't hurt that Alyson Hannigan is in it either. However, I really love the story arcs that come from this show and the continuity between the episodes is brilliant at times. The Big Bang Theory is pretty good and has Kaley Cuoco in it. That equals a win in my book and had it not been up against a great show, it would have. However, HIMYM is a wickedly good show and one of my favourite shows at the moment.

I like both of these shows, odd that they're matched up here considering they air right after one another on the same channel every Monday night. How I Met Your Mother is going to be getting the vote from me here, and that's simply based off of my love for NPH but even moreso my love for Jason Segel, who is pure gold in everything he takes part in. As a big time fan of Freaks & Geeks, the show that gave he and so many others currently dominating comedy films in America their start, this was a simple choice for me.

I do like The Big Bang Theory (oh the things I"d do to Penny!), but HIMYM is getting my vote here. Not as great as some people make it out to be, but still a very good show.

Damn, my two favorite TV shows going head to head. I disagree with Leafy on the fact that BBT has decreased since season one. If anything I think it has gotten better. But I'm still voting for HIMYM since it is my favorite of the two. Now HIMYM struggled the last season or two in my opinion, but this season the writers have really picked it up and it is the best season since one or two. HIMYM I believe is near the end of its course. I don't see it going more than two seasons. I believe BBT could get up towards six or seven season. Both are incredible shows and hilarious. But HIMYM is my 2nd all time favorite show (behind Monk), so it gets my vote.

How I Met Your Mother. Easily.

I like Big Bang Theory but I believe it has been getting tedious. HIMYM is fucking fantastic. Each character is great. Barney is probably my all time favourite character. He plays it superbly and the new series i'm watching is just as good as the rest. The best bit of Big Bang Theory is Kaley Cucou and her hotness.

Tried to get into HIMYM but it never really clicked with me. Big Bang Theory however has received something of a resurgence recently by being on daily in the UK and I always liked it and Sheldon is a great character.

BBT for me.

Love them both, but I prefer HIMYM. It's incredibly funny. The plot is unique, and makes it a great show to watch. The characters are some of the best characters there is. Barney Stinson is one of my favourite characters of all time, up there with House, Nathan from Misfits and Patrick Jane from The Mentalist. He alone would make me put HIMYM over.

I wouldn't blame you for voting for The big bang theory. I've loved Kaley Cuoco since 8 simple rules, and Jim Parsons is exceptional as Sheldon cooper. But I have to go for HIMYM.

Both of these shows are shows I started to watch during the summer, one I now keep up with, one I havent watched since the first time. How I Met Your Mother is a great show, a little stereotypical of those Canadians, but what can I say. It is funny, and there are so many different ideas into each show that keeps it fresh. The big Bang Theory is too two dimensional for me to get into.

Definitely going with HIMYM here. The Big Bang Theory is a solid show and cracks me up quite a bit, but there's one thing HIMYM has over BBT, and that's Neil Patrick Harris and his character Barney Stinson. He's by far my favorite TV character today, and the storylines of the show keep me reeled in. HIMYM is probably one of my favorite current sitcoms going today, and I'm not one that watches much television outside of wrestling and sports.

I feel bad voting against BBT, but it doesn't hold automatic record status on my DVR like HIMYM does. But I will say that I would stab X in the neck with a pencil to get to do things to Penny first.

I dont even see why I need to right an explanation for voting for HIMYM but because Im bored I will. Bing Bang theory IMO is a good show atm, I didn't like the first season but now it is a very funny show. But HIMYM is a great show, will go down in history as one of the best shows of this decade and can anyone even hate it?

Where do i start off. Firstly it has a great storyline. A dad telling them how they met there mum is very original and clever. But the more he story line rolls on you would think the more worse it got (e.g Prison Break and Lost) but know it just makes it that much interesting to the viewers about who the mum will be.

Secondly You have a great cast with very good chemistry. Jason Segal plays great in his role. He has really adjusted since the first couple of episodes. Cobie Smulders ( Robin) is also doing perfect, it's hard not to laugha t her for getting chipped about being Canadian. Alyssan Halligan and josh randor are actually really funny as well, Then lsat but not least you have NEIL PATRICK HARRIS! The god of all gods! He jsut makes this show what it is, very hard to believe he is not straight in real life becuase he plays his role so well.

Thirdly if you dont like NPH or Barney Stinson Get FUCKED!

I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back