WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Team USA Alternates
Sub out Hogan, Sub in Styles 10 29.41%
Sub out Hogan, Sub in Cena 2 5.88%
Sub out Angle, Sub in Styles 0 0%
Sub out Angle, Sub in Cena 0 0%
Sub out Michaels, Sub in Styles 6 17.65%
Sub out Michaels, Sub in Cena 2 5.88%
Sub out van Dam, Sub in Styles 8 23.53%
Sub out van Dam, Sub in Cena 5 14.71%
Sub out Austin, Sub in Styles 2 5.88%
Sub out Austin, Sub in Cena 2 5.88%
NO SUBS - KEEP TEAM AS IT IS 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

I decided that Hogtan will have to go, and for once afterall, I guess I'm not trying to sandbag Team USA. These future events are pretty much designated to take Hogan out, giving those fun people that get the lable "Smark" (Silly people actually view online forums for wrestling) the ability to take out the most hated man online, Hulk Hogan out. So I voted to take him out, and replace him with either John Cena or AJ Styles. Styles has two events he could do well in, but most importantly, Cena is loved by about half, more than Hogan, for the power events.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
Wow you are a clever one. I find it highly oxymoronic that you call yourself TheOneBigWill when there probably isn't anything about you that is big. (Yes I am saying you have a small penis)
Well its certainly nice to see you care so much about the size of my penis. I'll take that into consideration for when I'm filling out the restraining order.

And if you're so interested, I'm sure you can ask my Wife.

Quote:
He actually has a great record in tag matches.
He has one-off's in Tag team matches. He wins and loses, he doesn't have any consistency. Why? OH, thats right.. because its not a division he should be in!

Quote:
He lost to IRS and Dibiase by DQ when a ref who wasn't even part of the match made the call. The losses to Jericho and Christian came well past his prime. Hogan was very successful in tag matches with many different partners.
They were still losses. You factor in that Hogan, for as big a name as he is, mainly only ever had losses that happened because of random unfair events. But they still happened, and for the shear fact that Hogan mainly only ever lost when it was cheap, you need to factor in that is likely going to happen in this tournament just the same.

You are putting too much "bank" on Hogan's name carrying his team through a tourney.

Quote:
The only other countries that have teams with a lot of experience would be Canada with Edge and Christian and New Zealand with the fucking Buschwackers. Hogan and Austin wouldn't have much trouble at all with their competition.
Again, you're putting too much on Hogan's name sake carrying whatever team he forms through this tournament. The Bushwackers may have been a joke in WWE, but they weren't in other places. And Edge and Christian are the end all/be all of top Tag teams.

They (E&C) have taken down two Main Event single's wrestlers before, and chances are Austin (who has never been a team player, shy of with Pillman) isn't likely to stand in Hogan's shadow on the ring apron. Hogan and Austin make one misque, and its a stunner, followed by an opening for the guy with the most ironic gimmick name of all.. to take full advantage.

But hey.. I fully understand why you want Hogan in this so badly. The pairing of Hogan and Austin is sure to draw you some blind numbers in the votes. The two biggest names the sport has seen, why not vote for them without even remotely factoring anything in, eh?

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
Well its certainly nice to see you care so much about the size of my penis. I'll take that into consideration for when I'm filling out the restraining order.

And if you're so interested, I'm sure you can ask my Wife.
I'm just taking a guess homie. You seem to be angry every time you debate and having a small penis will do that to you.

Quote:
He has one-off's in Tag team matches. He wins and loses, he doesn't have any consistency. Why? OH, thats right.. because its not a division he should be in!
Hogan has won as a tag team a lot more then he has lost.

Quote:
They were still losses. You factor in that Hogan, for as big a name as he is, mainly only ever had losses that happened because of random unfair events. But they still happened, and for the shear fact that Hogan mainly only ever lost when it was cheap, you need to factor in that is likely going to happen in this tournament just the same.
This tournament focuses on guys in their primes so I'm not going to take into consideration the losses he had back in 2002 and 2003.

Let's look at Hogan's record in tag teams in his prime.

WM 1- Hogan and Mr T defeat Piper and Orndorff
SNME- Hogan and Andre defeat King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd
SNME- Hogan and JYD defeat Terry and Hoss Funk
Summerslam 88- Hogan and Savage defeat Dibiase and Andre
The Main Event- Hogan and Savage defeat the Twin Towers
Summerslam 89- Hogan and Beefcake defeat Savage and Zeus
No Holds Barred- Hogan and Beefcake defeat Savage and Zeus
SNME- Hogan and Warrior defeat Mr Perfect and the Genius
SNME- Hogan and Tugboat defeat Greg Valentine and Honky Tonk Man
SNME- Hogan and Tugboat defeat Earthquake and Dino Bravo
Summerslam 91- Hogan and Warrior defeat Sgt Slaughter, Col Mustafa, and General Adnan
SNME- Hogan and Sid defeat Taker and Ric Flair
Wrestlemania 9- Money Inc defeat Hogan and Beefcake

That is a 12-1 record for Hogan during his prime in the WWE. I could go on to WCW but it's a lot more of the same.
Quote:
The Bushwackers may have been a joke in WWE, but they weren't in other places. And Edge and Christian are the end all/be all of top Tag teams.
The Sheepherders were very successful but they still wouldn't beat Hogan and Austin. And Edge and Christian were very good, but the end all/be all of top tag teams? Please tell me you are joking. They had 7 tag title reigns but the length of those reigns only equals 207 days. That's an average of about one month per reign.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Future Endeavored

TheThirdHebner is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Tenta makes a strong case. A Hogan-Cena team seems virtually unbeatable given both men's gimmicks. Both guys who ovecome huge ods, etc. Obviously, Hogan would be a liability if he's in one of these "X" matches which all seem to involve some kind of heights. But having Hogan and Steve Austin on your team...that's a guaranteed win in the battle royal. Hogan and Austin have 5 wins in the Royal Rumble, the ultimate battle royal. Now it's not exactly the same, because as I understand, it's a traditional battle royal, not "someoen enters every 2 minutes", but still the point stands. Cena also has a win in the RUmble. That makes the US a virtual lock in the Rumble IMO.

So, I think we should sub Styles, who appears to be very successful and experienced in these X matches, and take out Michaels. Then we would set up thusly:

Tag Team: Hogan and Austin-Now, I know in real life the two guys hate each other, and who can blame Austin really? But kayfabe, both guys were "do anything to win" types, and are two of the biggest winners in history. Someone said Austin is likely to turn on Hogan midmatch, and I disagree. He might Stun his ass on the medal stand, but during the competition, it's all about winning for Austin. Both men have been World Tag Team Champs, as well.

King of the Mountain: Kurt Angle-As I understand it, this is a ladder match of some kind, and Angle has won it twice? Seems pretty good to me.

Ultimate X: AJ Styles-Again, never heard of it til now, but wiki says it's something with ropes crossed over the middle of the ring, kind of like a ladder match without a ladder? Styles wrestles in TNA, the promotion that has this, so he seems like as good a choice as any. Is he successful, "kayfabe", in this match?

Elevation X: RVD-This is a scaffold match, basically. RVD was in ECW, he can work this match, not to mention he's a rather agile guy known for his incredible balance anyways.

All that looks pretty good to me, so I say sub out Shawn Michaels, sub in AJ Styles.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

The poll is closed, and the fans have spoken. Hulk Hogan is subbed out, and AJ Styles will take his place.

Team USA will go into round two as:
Angle
Austin
Michaels
van Dam
Styles
sendpm.gif