WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Misawa vs Edge, Falls Count Anywhere
Mitsuharu Misawa 57 50.00%
Edge 57 50.00%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

If Misawa goes out to Edge here, it'd be (to quote Gorilla Monsoon) a "miscarriage of justice" for Team Japan. Edge has had a handful of truly hardcore match experiences, and yes, Mick Foley put Edge over in a very good hardcore match. He also did the same with Orton and did the same with some guys in TNA. There are now quite a few guys who hold hardcore wins over Foley, yet it's only Edge who is still sucking the tit of reputation from that rub.

He's called "The Standard Bearer for Future Generations" for a reason, folks.

Vote for Misawa over Edge. Hell, I am Canadian, and even I realize what's the right thing to do.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I AM INVINSIBLE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to One Punch Doug Crashin

You people disgust me. Seriously. Edge? EDGE?!?!?!?! Over a wrestler who is CONSIDERED BY MANY ORGANIZATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS AS THE GREATEST WRESTLER OF THIS GENERATION?????? Good god do people really not know anything outside the WWE? Just because you can't see Misawa on TV regularly doesn't mean Edge deserves to beat a legend like Misawa. This is exactly one of the reasons why I barely post in the wrestling forums anymore. This is a MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE!

Last edited by One Punch Doug Crashin : 02-07-2010 at 08:36 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I am The Last Baron
ECW Champion

Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...

This is absolute proof that people are absolute fucking ethnocentric moronic voters. Misawa is one of the all time greats, something that Edge is not. This is another case of people voting Edge because He wrestles in the united States and is shown around the world on TV because of the WWEs near monopoly of the industry. Misawa would out wrestle Edge through numerous slams that would damage him extremely bad, there is a match between Misawa and Kobashi and Misawa drops Kobashi on a concrete floor, while going down as well. Far and away Misawa would destroy Edge, it takes 3 different finishers in most Japanese main event matches, WWE not even more than one. And a Spear from Edge isn't even that good.
Originally Posted by Me To Mr Wrestling 3:I have called you the Last Great Journeyman Champion. Would you consider that a fair assessment, since it puts you in with the Likes of Brody, Race, Rhodes, Nature Boy and Thesz.
I would but on a very different level. While I spent years traveling the world as both the AWA and NWA World champion I never had the chance to draw the numbers that these guys did. Would I have been able to draw in the 60's and 70's? Maybe now in my 2008 shape and wrestling style but remember those guys worked 380 shots a year.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill

*The following is an opinionated statement with facts filtered in*

I just tried looking for it, and can't find it. I'm also not going to spend too much effort trying to either. Anyways - someone (I think Tdigs, JMT or X, since they're the trio that seem to care the most) said Misawa was listed as one of the top name's by PWI.

So.. I'm just curious, does that make it better - or worse - to follow that up by explaining..

Edge has been within the Top 10 list of PWI since 2005. Including once in 2002, as well. He hasn't finished in anything less than 5th place since 2006. And finished 2nd, only behind John Cena in 2007.

Now, I don't know what thats suppose to mean.. but since someone hyped Misawa's name on that list so much - I'm assuming since Edge has his on their apparently more that makes him better.

You're Welcome.

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
*The following is an opinionated statement with facts filtered in*

I just tried looking for it, and can't find it. I'm also not going to spend too much effort trying to either. Anyways - someone (I think Tdigs, JMT or X, since they're the trio that seem to care the most) said Misawa was listed as one of the top name's by PWI.

So.. I'm just curious, does that make it better - or worse - to follow that up by explaining..

Edge has been within the Top 10 list of PWI since 2005. Including once in 2002, as well. He hasn't finished in anything less than 5th place since 2006. And finished 2nd, only behind John Cena in 2007.

Now, I don't know what thats suppose to mean.. but since someone hyped Misawa's name on that list so much - I'm assuming since Edge has his on their apparently more that makes him better.

You're Welcome.
The Top 500 of the PWI Years

There's your link. How could you have not found that list? No other site is cited more on this forum than the Wrestling Information Archive. Also, The PWI Years list that I linked is covers about 30 years of wrestling (that is to say, it is an ultimate, overall list). The lists you cite cover one year each.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

I'm not getting into the middle of all this and I won't argue with any of the main people in here because it's not worth the time, but Misawa should go over here. It's falls count anywhere. Cool. How is Edge going to get outside to do anything? Misawa is too great to lose here. A spear isn't going to work on him and Edge doesn't use Edgecution enough anymore. This is a no contest in my eyes with Misawa never being in much danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wont say too much here, but I did vote for Edge. One thing I will say is the PWI was released in 2003, while conducted near the end of 2002. Edge was not even in the upper midcard at the time, so that information is unjust. I am no tsure when PWI is gonig to do another PWI years list again, so that is interesting thing to consider. I consider Edge however, one of the best wrestlers of the 2000s thus far, and although that does not give him the edge here, I still think back to that great match he had with Mick Foley, who I consider one of the best hardcore (hardcore to the level without gore) wrestlers ever, who Edge did beat.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
I wont say too much here, but I did vote for Edge. One thing I will say is the PWI was released in 2003, while conducted near the end of 2002. Edge was not even in the upper midcard at the time, so that information is unjust. I am no tsure when PWI is gonig to do another PWI years list again, so that is interesting thing to consider. I consider Edge however, one of the best wrestlers of the 2000s thus far, and although that does not give him the edge here, I still think back to that great match he had with Mick Foley, who I consider one of the best hardcore (hardcore to the level without gore) wrestlers ever, who Edge did beat.
Barring any miracle on Edge's part. this is highly unlikely. Obviously, you didn't read the list, because you would have seen that Steve Austin only made it in at number 19. Why is this noteworthy? Because, even after three years of unparalleled mainstream success that no current WWE main-eventer will ever be able to match, The Rattlesnake couldn't even break the top 10.

Let's face the facts here: being considered a great (at least according to people who professionally evaluate professional wrestlers and their industry) takes more than just being well-spoken and acting as a belt-warmer. Professional wrestling greatness entails consistency, innovation, and an ability to inspire. Unfortunately, I don't think of any of these qualities when Edge comes to mind. Also, if you think that Edge will even get a top 10 spot in PWI's revised list, then, frankly, you're delusional.

So, stop with your faux-critical thinking skills and admit that you voted for Edge for no other reason than wanting to get Team Canada through this tournament.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

Are you people fucking joking me? Edge is still winning this thing? Well, thank you for proving to me once and for all that the majority of our posters are fucking retarded. I had my suspicions, glad to see it confirmed time and time again. Misawa is THE greatest Japanese professional wrestler to EVER live. Would Edge even crack the Top 10 Canadians? Fuck no. If he's not even the best from his country, how is he going to beat the best Japan has to offer? A man that has DEFEATED better Canadian wrestlers than Edge many times before, he's defeated Bret Hart more than once as well as his brother Owen, both of whom are miles and miles above Edge inside the ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Plump, Juicy User
United States Champion

gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...

Christ, this has turned into a pretty good one, hasn't it? I'll have to go with Misawa here. Sure, Edge is pretty good, but is he as good as Misawa? At first glance, I'd say no. And after thinking about it for awhile, I'd again say no. Misawa is the stronger and more experience wrestler here. He also has the better resume, more or less. Sure, Edge has won a lot of titles, but he's lost them just as quickly.

I don't want to get into any specific arguments, but Will seems to be pulling things out of his ass, which actually seems to work well most of the time, so there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eko View Post
Would Edge even crack the Top 10 Canadians? Fuck no.
To be fair, I think that he would. Don't think I can name 10 Canadians ahead of Edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinmaru View Post
it's a prestarted family. My Girlfriend has a 3 year old
sendpm.gif