WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Kenta Kobashi vs Shawn Michaels, Ironman Match
Kenta Kobashi 46 48.94%
Shawn Michaels 48 51.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 PM
X's Avatar
X X is offline
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,960
X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Wes Is My Big Daddy View Post
I am going to go with Michaels here. We can ignore actual ironman matches, and look at marathons. HBK went forty minutes with The Undertaker, took three tombstones, and was pinned once. What is Kobashi going to do to Michaels that Taker didn't? Are we now saying that Kobashi is more brutal, delivers more punishment, or hits harder than the best pure striker in the game?
Umm...FUCK YES. When the fuck did Undertaker become the best pure striker in the game? Are you huffing gasoline? Only in America would you hear wrestling fans say something so absurd. HBK has been in what, a grand total of maybe a dozen matches that were half an hour in length? Shit I'll be generous, let's say he has fucking A HUNDRED matches over 30 minutes under his belt. Still doesn't even crack Kobashi. If you'd like FTS I will fucking send you DVDs of Kobashi's work, but don't expect more than one or two matches per disc because these DVDs only hold 2 1/2 hours worth of footage, and good luck finding a Kobashi main event less than 30 minutes. It's nearly impossible. Kobashi is far and away a superior wrestle to both Undertaker and HBK, and could deliver more punishment to HBK than he's ever had in his entire fucking life man. Go watch Kobashi's match with Misawa in NOAH in 2003, both men were in their 40s, just like HBK and Taker during their big WM 25 match, and they made HBK/Taker look like fucking cripples in comparison. Their WM 25 match was 90% rest holds with a moonsault and a Tombstone thrown in for good measure. Kobashi and Misawa wrestled for nearly 50 minutes fucking throwing German suplexes back and forth onto CONCRETE FLOORS like they were 20 year old cruiserweights.

Quote:
If it's a thirty minute match, I say Michaels does his best Floyd Mayweather impression and gets on his bike for thirty minutes and sneaks a superkick in at the end to win 1-0.
And I say you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about right now. HBK in his prime couldn't even match the conditioning of Kobashi as he is RIGHT NOW and the man is nearly 50 years old. The man has destroyed his body so much over the years from his insanely intense wrestling style and length of matches that it literally hurts the man to fucking move his arms, and yet he STILL goes out and wrestles several times a month. The man has more stamina in his pinky toe than HBK has in his entire body multiplied by twenty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Whenever something bad takes place in the world, the Rougeau's theme music starts playing and me and Xfear appear and beat people up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
  #22  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
The Underking's Avatar
The Underking The Underking is offline
Likes Jalepenos with Cheese
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 139
The Underking is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Better Draw probably Japan but in America say that he's coming. They will guess he's a nobody i can assure you say they were selling Shawn Micheals best hit vs. Kobashis Shawn's would sell alot more. For the rest i only watched his match against Vader. So yes why should i watch Kobashi if i've never heard about him get your name out thier or it's not relevent in other areas im pretty sure Bret Hart was a draw evreywhere why he was on TV.
sendpm.gif
  #23  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
X's Avatar
X X is offline
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,960
X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
Better Draw probably Japan but in America say that he's coming. They will guess he's a nobody i can assure you say they were selling Shawn Micheals best hit vs. Kobashis Shawn's would sell alot more. For the rest i only watched his match against Vader. So yes why should i watch Kobashi if i've never heard about him get your name out thier or it's not relevent in other areas im pretty sure Bret Hart was a draw evreywhere why he was on TV.
So, it's painfully obvious you aren't very intelligent just from your constant grammatical errors here, but sure, I'll respond anyways to your absolutely foolish post.

1) No shit if you take someone OUT OF THEIR HOME COUNTRY they're going to be less of a draw. Kobashi came to America a few times to work with ROH and every one of those sold out immediately. Shawn Michaels has been to Japan ONCE to perform as a guest referee and that was for the independent promotion FMW, and they barely were able to fill a bingo hall. So, like I said, take someone out of their home country, no shit they're going to be less of a draw. Has HBK ever drawn nearly 100,000 people to watch him wrestle annually? No? Then he's not nearly the draw that Kobashi is. I'd need an extra pair of hands to count the amount of Tokyo Dome sellouts Kobashi has headlined.

2) The fact that you admit you don't know anything about Kenta Kobashi proves my fucking point here that you shouldn't be voting in this and shouldn't be arguing for HBK, because you yourself admit that you're uneducated on this topic. Kenta Kobashi is far and away superior to HBK in every way, and if you would actually watch the man's work you'd see that. How the fuck can you argue against the man when you've just admitted you know NOTHING about him? That's beyond foolish, it's fucking absurd.

Not sure what the fuck Bret Hart being a draw has to do with this topic either. Feel free to respond to this post. Shit feel free to write a 250 page long essay about why HBK should win, because it doesn't matter, I'll easiily defeat your foolish argument which is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

Don't try to argue something if you freely admit you're completely uneducated on the matter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Whenever something bad takes place in the world, the Rougeau's theme music starts playing and me and Xfear appear and beat people up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
  #24  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
The Underking's Avatar
The Underking The Underking is offline
Likes Jalepenos with Cheese
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 139
The Underking is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

When did I say I was completely uneducated I even said I watched one match dear. Of course though what I was saying was your argument of Kobashi being a bigger draw. Do a tour in every single part of the world once again Shawn will get more people. Maybe Kobashi is better in ring but bigger draw i seriously don't think so and the point being that people vote for Shawn is because they have seen a match of him. Shawn has taking a lot of beatings if i can say anything though whenever Smack down or Raw go to Puerto Rico the whole freaking crowd gave Shawn the biggest pop of the night against Chris Jericho who was freaking hilarious. So once again get Kobashi in the P.R unless the tickets are five bucks I won't and neither will most people be there Fact.
sendpm.gif
  #25  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
X's Avatar
X X is offline
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,960
X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
When did I say I was completely uneducated I even said I watched one match dear.
You said it right here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
For the rest i only watched his match against Vader. So yes why should i watch Kobashi if i've never heard about him
You said right there that you had only watched his match against Vader, and that was it. If you think watching ONE match from someone is enough information to judge their entire career, yes, that's called being uneducated on the matter.


Quote:
Of course though what I was saying was your argument of Kobashi being a bigger draw. Do a tour in every single part of the world once again Shawn will get more people.
Except for Japan. Because, like I just mentioned, HBK came to Japan once and they could barely fill a bingo hall. And this was in 1999, when his legend was at an all time high. Kobashi regularly headlined events of nearly 100,000 people at the Tokyo Dome. I'm fairly certain HBK has never even wrestled infront of a single crowd that large, unless he took part in the 95 North Korea Peace Festival.

Quote:
Maybe Kobashi is better in ring but bigger draw i seriously don't think so
You'd seriously be wrong. Again, how many 100,000+ crowds has HBK drawn? And it's not a "maybe" Kobashi is better in the ring, it's an absolute fact.

Quote:
and the point being that people vote for Shawn is because they have seen a match of him. Shawn has taking a lot of beatings if i can say anything though whenever Smack down or Raw go to Puerto Rico the whole freaking crowd gave Shawn the biggest pop of the night against Chris Jericho who was freaking hilarious. So once again get Kobashi in the P.R unless the tickets are five bucks I won't and neither will most people be there Fact.
What the fuck does drawing fans in Puerto Rico have to do witih this match? Seriously, explain to me what relevancy that has here. Is this a "Who can draw the most" match? Nope, it sure as fuck is not.

Save yourself further embarrassment and just log off man. You quite clearly just don't know what the hell you're talking about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Whenever something bad takes place in the world, the Rougeau's theme music starts playing and me and Xfear appear and beat people up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
  #26  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:29 PM
The Underking's Avatar
The Underking The Underking is offline
Likes Jalepenos with Cheese
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 139
The Underking is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Okay Hypocrite you put in your argument that your guy could draw more I contradicted that while you are just changing what your saying every two minutes while a admit I was wrong in saying i can't judge careers on one match but please check the definition of completely then chuck uneducated. But in actual Olympics’ would you vote for your crappy team or for another great team yeah I'm 99.9 percent sure you will say your tam because they are your team. You prefer to watch Japanese wrestling Im fine with American. I vote and I don't give a damn if my guy would lose it's my preference to vote for.

Last edited by The Underking : 01-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.
sendpm.gif
  #27  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:35 PM
X's Avatar
X X is offline
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,960
X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
Okay Hipocrite
What's a hipocrite? Is that something like a hypocrite? This is what I mean man. Do you think you're helping your side of the argument by posting these misspelled-ridden grammatically incorrect rants? You're not, you're only hurting your argument.

Quote:
you put in your argument that your guy could draw more i contradicted that
You did no such thing. How did you "contradict" that? I mentioned numerous times that Kobashi has headlined shows that have drawn nearly 100,000 people at the Tokyo Dome. Your response was that hypothetically HBK could draw more people in Puerto Rico. How does that in any way validate your opinion?

Quote:
while you are just changin what your saying evrey two minutes while a admit i was wrong in saying i can't judge careers on onematch but please wheck the definition of completely then chuck unedjucated. but in actual olympic would you vote for your crappy team or for another great team yeah I'm 99.9 percent sure you will say your tam because they are reseprenting your team. You prefer to watch Japenease wrestling im fine with American. I vote and i don't give a damn if my guy would lose it's my prefrence
You know, I'm not even going to finish reading this paragraph. Once I got to the 4th or 5th misspelled word in your first sentence alone, there's really no point in me continuing this discussion with someone who can't even formulate a coherent sentence.

But, yes, your reason of voting for HBK because you like America is just so solid and backed by so much evidence and reasoning, how could one possibly argue that? I mean, that's not a flashing example of ethnocentrism at ALL.

Nevermind, I shouldn't have used a word that large. When you're done googling what it means, feel free to go back and read my other posts in this thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Whenever something bad takes place in the world, the Rougeau's theme music starts playing and me and Xfear appear and beat people up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
  #28  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
The Underking's Avatar
The Underking The Underking is offline
Likes Jalepenos with Cheese
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 139
The Underking is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

God dammit you know what get it through your extra thick skull kid. Im voting for Shawn and so are a couple of other people. Mayber Kobashi win's maybe Shawn but other then the Burning Hammer i never heard of Kobayashi which i checked through Wikipedia while checking Kenta Kobayashi. Also im pretty sure you word meant desicion by ethnic backing maybe it's wrong but it's at least similar.

But hell when you go to the olympic what team do you want to win my answer would be Puerto Rico. If not them why the hell should i not choose USA lot's of our culture comes from them. So you pick yours i pick mine im saying that Kobashi is not one of my favorite wrestler while i have watched Shawn i know him i don't know the other guy im picking the guy i know. Samething with every other type of entertainment.

Last edited by The Underking : 01-26-2010 at 05:47 PM.
sendpm.gif
  #29  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM
X's Avatar
X X is offline
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,960
X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
God dammit you know what get it through your extra thick skull kid.
Not a "kid" thanks, and if anyone here is "thick" it's certainly not me.

Quote:
Im voting for Shawn and so are a couple of other people. Mayber Kobashi win's maybe Shawn but other then the Burning Hammer which i checked through Wikipedia while checking Kenta Kobayashi.
A) Kenta KOBAYASHI is a different wrestler than Kenta KOBASHI. Kenta KOBAYASHI is much younger and goes by the ring name of "KENTA" and wrestles all over the world today, but he is a very different person and wrestler than Kenta KOBASHI who's been wrestling longer than Kobayashi has been alive.

B) You checked on Kobashi's burning hammer on Wiki? Okay, and? What's your point? He has hundreds of other moves he can use, what about his Burning Hammer?

Quote:
Also im pretty sure you word meant desicion by ethnic backing maybe it's wrong but it's at least similar.
I see you attempted to Google the word "ethnocentrism", but yes, that's almost a proper definition to the word. It's when you act under the belief that your culture is superior to all others simply because it's yours. Which is exactly what you're doing here. You're voting for HBK because he's from America and you want America to win, plain and simple. Fine, just say that's your reason, don't try and argue with me using reason and logic though because you've already freely admitted you're only voting for HBK because he's American. That's no better than only voting for white people in a tournament because you don't like black people.

Quote:
But hell when you go to the olympic what team do you want to win my awnser would be Puerto Rico.
This isn't the real Olympics. This is a tournament designed to debate who would win in what category, to determine what nation has produced the greatest crop of professional wrestlers. It has nothing to do with voting for your country, and to vote simply for that reason is foolish.

Quote:
Of not them why the hell should i not choose USA lot's of our culture comes from them. So you pick yours i pick mine im saying that Kobashi is not one of my favorite wrestler while i have watched Shawn i know him i don't know the other guy im picking the guy i know. Samething with every other type of entertainment.
Okay. So again, WHY are you trying to debate with me right now? You've said several times now your reason for voting for HBK is that he's American and you want America to win. That's fine. Why the fuck are you trying to actually debate the real logistics of the match up with me though?

What are you trying to accomplish here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Whenever something bad takes place in the world, the Rougeau's theme music starts playing and me and Xfear appear and beat people up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
  #30  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Cena's Little Helper's Avatar
Cena's Little Helper Cena's Little Helper is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The DMV
Posts: 1,889
Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
Wait one second poster above me your saying that Kobashi is as brutal as the undertaker when all of these people have been saying that it's because Kobashi is heavier is the current argument with stamina. While i did enjoy his matches how much does this guy wrestle i mean Undertaker's like 45 and wrestles a longer schedule then him fact.

Now who would you think put better matches two veterans yet one wrestles once evrey two months while one wrestles evrey other day i think both SHawn and Mark have better stamina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Underking View Post
You never awnsewred my question but like i said im sure that if undertaker's career started in 1990 and his rise started 1995 he could probably still be in better shape. The last 30 minute match Undertaker had him normally i would do what evreybody does and frantically check the internet i remember that Shawn vs. Undertaker was 25 minutes. The TLC match was 29 so that counts or should. Then i noticed a big diffrence WWE shows have more then one people on it Smackdown and Raw try to present evreybody in 5-10 minute matches and the other wrestle Indy's. Also like i stated above you go doing one match evrey 2-3 days at 45 compared to training for a month and preforming one match.

Im not saying that Kobashi is bad. Im just saying the argument with him is sort of flawed saying that he's heavier so that Shawn won't be able to win but then going and saying Kobashi would beat Undertaker evrey single day whose heavier if we use that logic.

Now that I check it Shawn vs. Taker was 31 minutes
What the fuck are you on about here? Have you seen what Kobashi looks like? I mention the weight Kobashi has on Michaels because it's virtually all muscle. Also, just because you're heavier doesn't mean that you can't be faster or have more stamina than a lighter opponent. So, how is my argument flawed exactly?

Also, what's this nonsense about wrestling every other day making you better in the ring than someone who only wrestles once every two months (which is complete and utter bullshit on your part, by the way; in his prime, Kobashi was wrestling matches more intense, grueling, and suspenseful than the one you saw between Michaels and The Undertaker at least twice a week)? If you must be in the ring more often to be better, than Kobashi must be wrestling a shitload off of television, because he's just as good as any other wrestler that I've ever seen, including Michaels and The Undertaker.
__________________
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices