WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > The Writing Gallery > The Writing Gallery Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 PM
C.M.'s Avatar
C.M. C.M. is offline
Registered User
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: L.V.
Age: 28
Posts: 4,368
C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...C.M. is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Book This! Rules *UPDATED 12/11/10 - ALL READ*

Here are the all new Rules for the New Book This forum, some will have stayed the same, however we are tightening up on a lot of other rules… this is a must read for anyone wanting to start a show in this Forum.

General Rules

All of the regular Board Rules apply in this Forum, if you do not abide by said rules then you will start to receive Infractions and eventually be banned for multiple offences. The Board Rules are at the top of Every Forum on the Board so they are not hard to find if you don’t know them I suggest you read them before starting a Fed.

Bumping of Threads is not allowed, if you bump your Thread with anything other than an update (or response to feedback) you will be warned.

If you are caught plagiarizing someone else’s work you will be banned from the Book This Forum permanently.

Promoting your show in other people’s threads will result in an Infraction, basically don’t do it it’s cheap and annoying and you will give yourself a bad name.

Any drafts must be done through the PM System, threads being started in the Lounge or the Main BT Forum for this purpose will be closed and deleted that starter will also face an Infraction.

Posting Shows

If you wish to post a show you should start a Thread with the name of your promotion as the Thread title, you must keep all things relating to your “Fed” in this Thread… all shows, cards, random bits of news etc must be posted in said thread. If you start another thread for the same Fed that thread will be closed and you will receive an Infraction.

All shows should be posted in one post, if they are too large to go into one post they must be posted within a timely manner of each other. This rule is to stop people boosting their post count by posting shows in parts. If you post your shows in parts your thread will be closed and deleted and you will receive an Infraction.

Most people start their Threads off with General Information from their Fed, the roster and any back story they deem necessary for their Fed, we ask that you don’t just list the roster and then leave the thread for days on end, this is a form of spamming and will result in yet another Infraction. You must Post your first show within 48 hours of opening your Thread if you don’t it will be deleted and you will get an Infraction.

Posting of news in Threads is permitted, but it has to have some kind of reason… posting things such as “Wrestler A has been released” will result in a warning for spamming, be a little creative with the news stories.

Reviewing Shows

So you want to give feedback on a show you have just read? Great… however simply posting “That was great/crap/okay etc…” will get you a warning for spamming. The same rule applies here as it does in every other forum Give Reasons, why did you like the show? What was good? What was bad etc… This is not a spam forum and thus should not be treated as such.

OOC Chat

There is a Book This Lounge for a reason, use it to chat Out of Character. The only things that us mods should see in the main Book This Forum should be Your Show, Your PPV'S and Your very first preview about your Rosters, PPV information, Show Information, Current Storyline etc....

**The Rules are Subject to Change at anytime**
__________________

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
C.M. is more reliable than the economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaintenanceBot
No soup for you! and you! and you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAPX4V1
Where is the moderator?..this idiot Slyfox should be banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktista View Post
C.M's gunna kill you, cos why? you don't wanna fuck with him, please your nothing but a noob to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
CM if you make any more wrestling posts tonight, I may slip into shock.....
sendpm.gif
  #2  
Old 12-11-2010, 02:51 PM
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor The Doctor is offline
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Age: 26
Posts: 2,521
The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor
Default

OK, new boss, new rules. Most of these are going to stay the same, but I want to address a few and make some changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.M. View Post
General Rules

All of the regular Board Rules apply in this Forum, if you do not abide by said rules then you will start to receive Infractions and eventually be banned for multiple offences. The Board Rules are at the top of Every Forum on the Board so they are not hard to find if you don’t know them I suggest you read them before starting a Fed.

Bumping of Threads is not allowed, if you bump your Thread with anything other than an update (or response to feedback) you will be warned.

If you are caught plagiarizing someone else’s work you will be banned from the Book This Forum permanently.

Promoting your show in other people’s threads will result in an Infraction, basically don’t do it it’s cheap and annoying and you will give yourself a bad name.
Ya see this? Read it. Understand it. There's a lot of spam around these parts and I can and will infract offending posts. Remember that all the regular forum rules apply in both sections of the forum - NO flaming. NO trolling. NO advertising outside sites. Post count in the main Book This forum is on. However, in the Lounge it is off. Don't want any confusion on this issue, OK?
Quote:
Any drafts must be done through the PM System, threads being started in the Lounge or the Main BT Forum for this purpose will be closed and deleted that starter will also face an Infraction.
I'm not entirely sure what this means. Anyone in the BT section can use any star or wrestling personality they want. It is, after all, your company and your fictional universe. Drafts in your company may be handled one of two ways - via a Draft Show (ala WWE) or via an announcement on your company's "website", which is to be posted in the Lounge.

Drafts between two people doing a joint BT (Two people, each running a separate brand under one company umbrella) may also use either of these methods. Just make sure both of you know where each star is going to go before writing the shows. Don't want any nasty mixups.

Quote:
Posting Shows

If you wish to post a show you should start a Thread with the name of your promotion as the Thread title, you must keep all things relating to your “Fed” in this Thread… all shows, cards, random bits of news etc must be posted in said thread. If you start another thread for the same Fed that thread will be closed and you will receive an Infraction.
This rule is altered. All shows should go in the main forum. All news, previews, cards, etc. should go in your company's "website" thread in the Book This Lounge. However, the rule about having only one thread per company is still in effect. For example, I have SCW. All of my weekly shows AND PPVs go into that thread and ONLY that thread. You should do the same. But, you know, with your own company.

Quote:
All shows should be posted in one post, if they are too large to go into one post they must be posted within a timely manner of each other. This rule is to stop people boosting their post count by posting shows in parts. If you post your shows in parts your thread will be closed and deleted and you will receive an Infraction.
This rule is outdated. As long as your segments are of decent size, you may post each in a separate post. Again, look at SCW for an example of "decent size". Splitting shows makes them much easier to read and follow along with. Typically, a break in posts represents a commercial break. Use your own judgment, because if you violate the Of Decent Size rule, you WILL be infracted.

For your own convenience, here is an example of a post that breaks the rule and would be infracted:
Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Awesome14 View Post
*Abyss's theme plays*

*Abyss walks in to boos*

*All other entrances are skipped*

WBCW Championship Match:Abyss vs RVD vs Matt Morgan vs Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson vs Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho vs Edge vs Batista vs Christian

Christian wins via throwing Edge out the ring.
Abyss throws out Samoa Joe
Batista throws out Kurt Angle

Danielson throws out Abyss

Edge throws out Batista
Jericho throws out Danielson

Christian throws out Jericho

Edge throws out Matt Morgan
Christian throws out Edge to become the WBCW Champion

THE SHOW ENDS!


Quote:
Most people start their Threads off with General Information from their Fed, the roster and any back story they deem necessary for their Fed, we ask that you don’t just list the roster and then leave the thread for days on end, this is a form of spamming and will result in yet another Infraction. You must Post your first show within 48 hours of opening your Thread if you don’t it will be deleted and you will get an Infraction.
This is another outdated rule. I understand that life gets in the way sometimes and at other times one just can't find the motivation to write. Plus, with the new uses of the Lounge (using your "website" to post rosters and backstory) and the Lounge being spam-friendly, we won't run into this problem. Shows in the main section, rosters in the Lounge. It's that simple.

Quote:
Posting of news in Threads is permitted, but it has to have some kind of reason… posting things such as “Wrestler A has been released” will result in a warning for spamming, be a little creative with the news stories.
Posting news in show threads is permitted, but it would be better to post it in the website thread, to prevent clutter.

Quote:
Reviewing Shows

So you want to give feedback on a show you have just read? Great… however simply posting “That was great/crap/okay etc…” will get you a warning for spamming. The same rule applies here as it does in every other forum Give Reasons, why did you like the show? What was good? What was bad etc… This is not a spam forum and thus should not be treated as such.
AGAIN, this rule will be strictly enforced from now on! Offending posts will receive anything from a delete to a warning to a full-on infraction, depending on the severity of the offense.

Also, there is one new rule that needs to be addressed:

Types of Threads Allowed In This Section

Recently, there has been a slight change in what is and isn't allowed in the main BT section. Yes, it is to be mainly used for original fantasy booking projects, but you can also post one shots (how you would book a PPV, for example) or storyline ideas for any of the current wrestling companies on the air. If you want to rebook the Nexus angle - go for it! Post it here! If you think a stable should form, post your idea! If you just want to make a general discussion thread about what you would do if they gave you the books or you had the ability to make your own company, that's OK too. Just remember to follow the spam rules, or face warnings/infractions.

I hope these new rules are easy to understand and follow. If you have any questions, please use the General Book This Discussion Thread, located in the Book This Lounge.
__________________
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices