WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default NHL Thread - 2009-10

Official NHL Thread

0.00000023% of Patrick Kane's contract. 20 cents is what he, and his cousin beat a cab driver over.

Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, the top pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of felony robbery after he and a cousin were arrested in the early hours Sunday morning for allegedly attacking a cab driver who couldn't make proper change for their fare.

The 20-year-old Kane and cousin James Kane, 21, had apparently taken a cab from the downtown nightclub district in Buffalo, N.Y., Patrick Kane's hometown, around 4 a.m., according to local police. When the cab driver came up 20 cents short of the change owed on the fare, the Kanes allegedly took their money back and attacked the driver. The attack caused cuts to the driver's face and damaged his glasses, police spokesman Michael DeGeorge said.

Patrick Kane and his cousin were each charged with felony robbery in addition to misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. WIVB-TV in Buffalo reported Kane pleaded not guilty to those charges in local court later Sunday.
So Patrick Kane may have just put his own career at risk in one of the stupidest acts I have ever heard of. Patrick Kane, being an American, may face legal sentences, including facing prison time, and suspension from the NHL. Worse off, with a criminal record, there is a chance he might never get to travel between countries. Kind of hard to do in a league that plays in two countries. Also, I can see this getting him cut from playing for Team USA in the Olympics this year. So what do you think of this entire ordeal?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
WZPC Intercontinental Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is ridiculous. 20 cents? Dude, your contract expires this season and you will be getting a big payday. He must have been drunk out of his mind to assault the cab driver for 20 fucking cents. EA Sports is probably pissed off too since he's on the cover of NHL 10. Let's see how he gets himself out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
You don't post often, but when you do you're easily one of the best posters we have here. You definitely deserve more votes.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
WZCW Veteran
WWE Diva's Champion

Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Crazy. I mean i dont no how much is contract is but i know he is a big star and its the end of his contract so whats more important 20 cents or 20 million dollars. I guess 20 cents otherwise he would've been smart and not have attacked a cab driver, and now could ruin his career.

credit to Red Skull!
sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You's Avatar
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is offline
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...

I just saw this story on Jim Rome is Burning. No one can make someone look more stupid than Mr. Rome, and boy did he do just that. Seriously, he just ruined his entire career, and his life, for one fifth of a dollar bill. I don't have a dollar to my name, but even I would let $.20 slide. How drunk would you have to be to assault someone over such a small amount of money? Good job, Mr. Kane. Enjoy your prison sentence, and hopefully you can figure it out while you're locked up.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
WZPC Intercontinental Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...simpsons_fanatic742 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Update on this story: The lawyer for the cab driver said that the story has been blown out of proportion and that it wasn't really a robbery. He believes a deal will be worked out between the two parties. He also said that it won't end up as a felony.

Well it seems like Kane may have escaped this bad situation. It all depends now on whether or not the NHL will punish him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
You don't post often, but when you do you're easily one of the best posters we have here. You definitely deserve more votes.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsons_fanatic742 View Post
Update on this story: The lawyer for the cab driver said that the story has been blown out of proportion and that it wasn't really a robbery. He believes a deal will be worked out between the two parties. He also said that it won't end up as a felony.

Well it seems like Kane may have escaped this bad situation. It all depends now on whether or not the NHL will punish him.
The obvious reason why... Cab driver found out who he was. Why would the lawyer want him to go to prison, when a nice cash settlement would be much more appealing

Law system might suck, cab driver gets rich over this, not the worst thing, Kane, is just less one ferrari.

But I hope the NHL gives him 20 games or so suspension.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM
WZCW Veteran
WWE Diva's Champion

Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Kane still needs to face the punishment, that move is still a disgrace to the NHL who is trying to clean up their fighting image. 15 games would be suitable for me.

credit to Red Skull!
sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

Definitely not a good thing for Kane, or his team. Chicago lives and dies by him, and if he faces any suspension (and I'm sure he will), they'll have a big deficit to overcome by the time he returns. I'm sure he'll appeal, and get it lowered, but 10-15 games is still a lot to overcome in the NHL.

I don't see why he didn't just pay though. I can only assume, like everyone else, that he was drunk, but that's never an excuse. It hasn't worked for any other athlete in legal trouble, and it won't work now. Let's hope it doesn't kill his career, since he is one of the best players in the game.

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Default [Official] National Hockey League Thread (2009-2010)

After the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup at the end of the 2009 series, defeating the Detroit Red Wings one year after Detroit did the same to the Penguins, the league will start up again. 2010 will also mark a Winter Olympics year as the NHL players will represent their country, perhaps for the last time in the distant future. There will be the mid season break of course, but some players will have to choose representing their country or resting up for the second half of the season. Some Free Agents still exist out there, some trades might be made to build the next Stanley Cup Champion. The NHL draft came and went with Jonathon Taveres joining the New York Islanders.

Other issues arise this year. Phoenix Coyotes still remain in trouble, the NHL still lacks a good US Television deal, and the KHL will continue to put pressure on NHL players, especially Europeans. Some good news is the return of the Winter classic, this time taking place at Fenway Park in Boston.

My NHL team for those that want to know is the Vancouver Canucks. A summer with some highs and lows which is to be expected. We did well ni the draft picking up Jordan Schroeder late in the draft. However, we also lost long standing guard of the blue line Mattias Ohlund, as the Swedish kick the Canucks took part of in this decade is dying, except for on two fronts. The Sedin's showed that they are invested in the team taking less money than they could have gotten elsewhere by staying with the Canucks.

The biggest news is perhaps the resigning of their captain Roberto Luongo to a 12 year, $64,000,000 deal that will probably keep him as an Orca for his career. Canucks also did extremely well with the signing of Andrew Raycroft, former steller goalie to back up Luongo, for half a million dollars, a steal. This however, could possibly be the end of Cory Schneider as a potential Canuck superstar, as he would be best served elsewhere and would fetch top dollar.

Defense of course took the hit as Ohlund left to Tampa Bay. However, in another tremendous deal, worked out with San Jose, the Canucks received Christian Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich in a cash dump. Also, to help with their blue line, Canucks did well signing Mathieu Schneider.

Up front, now with the Sedins locked into place, Canucks signed Mikael Samuelsson for three years putting together a potential hot Swede line. Canucks however, lack a definitive second line in my books. They are backed up well with grit. They will have to do something to get a second line, who can work the power play.

This will be the NHL's 92 Season so I hope for a good one. Canucks will be a legitimate threat this year, and will in my books be the best North West team with only challenges by Calgary.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

The DAY my vacation in North Carolina ends, I chomp and the proverbial bit for hockey. It's my favorite sport, and the NJ Devils are the one team I couldn't live without.

The youth movement is still alive and well in the NHL, especially in the East, where Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Parise, and very shortly Stamkos will make waves on a nightly basis. There's no reason to expect a huge shake up in the NHL, as no team got SO much better or SO much worse in the offseason. The Senators got rid (according to rumor) of a malcontent in Heatley, shipping him to San Jose and getting Frolov. Not bad, but not enough to make them a contender.

My Devils has an abysmal off season, losing popular and consistent role players and a high level scorer in Gionta. Every year, ESPN.com predicts the demise of the Devils, and every year they are wrong. THIS year, however, I am legitimately concerned.
sendpm.gif