WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > The Writing Gallery > The Writing Gallery Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Future Women's Champion

WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...

Thanks Theo. I am looking foward to starting my Book This! and I have some good storylines I have been wanting to use.

Credit: Stinger
sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Future Women's Champion

WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...WWE.IS.AWESOME is looking to come up from OCW...

Well I got one more thing...... How do I add videos into my Book This!?

sendpm.gif
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor

The same way you put videos in posts. Check the FAQ.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Future Women's Champion

Alright.

sendpm.gif
Old 05-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Too Sweet To Be Sour
WWE Diva's Champion

TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here are tips on starting a new Book This! thread from resident booker GCB:

Quote:
Right, here are some things I think need to be in the help thread. Any other ideas or changes? Also, a list of useful links might be good so feel free to drop them in.

1. Before even attempting a BT, read around. Get a feel for how to write one by reading other peoples. Maybe even review and feedback on others to get yourself known.

2. If you're new, pick a time period and a company you know well. Easiest thing for a newbie to do is use current WWE/TNA - you can attempt something more difficult once you've got the hang of it.

3. Peep will tell you not to plan too far in advance - it can sap your motivation as you want to get to the exciting things you've planned in the future. GCB will tell you that you need to know where you're going and what you've got coming. In truth, you need a balance somewhere in the middle that suits you. You have to know what is coming next in your BT so you can begin to build people correctly, so you don't use all your big ideas in one go etc ... but Peep is right that it can de-motivate you if your current shows aren't as good as the future ones. I guess you need some short/medium/long term plan but you also need to make sure you've spread the excitement around to keep you interested as you get to the future.

4. Learn how to format your writing. Knowing the basic code for bold, italic, underline, alignment, colour etc ... can be a big help when you're writing in Word. Don't rely on writing in the box on the forum - if it crashes, you can lose the lot. Write in Word and then copy in later.

5. Preview your posts - how can you make them look better by formatting them? Nobody wants to read a wall of plain black text, it puts people off. You have to break it up and make it easy to read. Also, make sure you use paragraphs and pronouns (He, She, It, They).

6. Promos - watch old YouTube videos of the superstars being interviewed or cutting a promo and get a feel for the things that they say and do. You need to make them sound realistic in your BT.

7. Matches - whether recap or full detail, you need to write more than a line or two. One paragraph is fine for recap form, a few paragraphs are better if you want the reader to get into the match. I like to use the 3-count to break up the paragraphs (or commercial breaks or comments from the announcers) so it is easier to read. Using the correct moves is important: Wiki has movesets for the wrestlers, SMACKDOWN vs. RAW games are useful for WWE wrestlers and I find YouTube useful - type in 'top moves of John Cena' and see how many videos there are of the top 5, 10, 15, 50 moves (does he have 50?) of Cena. It is the same for all of them.

8. Listen to constructive criticism. Nobody is going to like every thing you do. Think about how you can improve your shows based on what people are saying.

9. Anything goes in your BT: if you want to push Hornswoggle to the WWE Championship, you can. It's not realistic right now but if you write it well and give enough ammunition for it, you can do it. Check out what people are doing already - you have to try and stand out. In my BT, for example, Kofi Kingston is getting a push and is challenging for the top titles. In real life, not realistic. But people who have read all my shows know how Kofi's push has got him there and it is realistic. Try and be different: if someone else is doing something, try and do something different.

10. YouTube videos: ask yourself a question. Do they add to the thread? If not, get rid. Each to their own but I don't watch them and they take up room and time to load. I include one at the start of the TV show and I add them where I can use them (i.e. to show something that happened before my BT started IRL or as a vignette for a returning superstar).

11. Have fun!
Any questions, just ask us here.

Source: F4WOnline.makingshitup.com/therehasbeentalk/possibly.php?=notafuckingchance
sendpm.gif
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM
NO! NO! NO!

Arcade is looking to come up from OCW...

I have a question. Can you format your Book This on a phone?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 AM

ZBroski28 is looking to come up from OCW...

I came to this forum primarily to "be a booker", but I've posted 10 times, since can't open my own thread. I hope it starts working. I have some brilliant ideas, or at least I think they are brilliant :P
sendpm.gif
Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Too Sweet To Be Sour
WWE Diva's Champion

TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...TSG scored a win over Santino Marella...

Good luck man. Just follow the tips provided here, you'll be successful. And creating a thread should work for you soon, give it time!

Source: F4WOnline.makingshitup.com/therehasbeentalk/possibly.php?=notafuckingchance
sendpm.gif
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 AM

ZBroski28 is looking to come up from OCW...

Officially, I can post now. Thanks for the help..& the motivation, I guess.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 AM
WZ's Dark Knight

Captain Mike is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Captain Mike Send a message via MSN to Captain Mike

I can see that no one has a problems with created wrestlers, feds etc but what about dead wrestlers? Say I want to write WWE, WCW, ECW or TNA in an alternate 2011 where guys like Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Mike Awesome are alive, is that allowed or frowned down upon?

sendpm.gif