WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 AM

jarredclements is looking to come up from OCW...
Default What if TNA Files Bankruptcy?

What if tomorrow TNA officials decided they are spending more money than they can generate. So they decided to close shop. End it all.

What would all the "high flying", "talented, "magnificent" TNA stars do for work?

The mid carders and jobbers would end up back in the Indy's. Angle, Foley, Dudleys, and whoever is worth it would end up back in the WWE.

What would happen to these guys in your opinion?
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 AM
KAAARRREENNN!!!!!!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...

WWE would likely welcome Angle and foley and likely even the dudleys back with open arms. some of the tna guys like aj styles, Joe, The motor city machine guns, and a few others might get some looks from wwe but mostly they'd end up in the indies. not really a tough prediction, but what could be interesting would be if one of the larger indy companies like ROH made a bid to go after the tv spot left by tna. the real question is what would Dixie Carter do if she actually bankrupt the parent company of tna, panda energy. that would be a pretty big event.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Everybody Has A Price!
Million Dollar Champion

SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...

What would happen if TNA went bankrupt tomorrow? Well for starters the WWE would go after some of their talent. Some talents that they definetly would go after are Kurt Angle, Robert Roode, James Storm, and maybe some other ones. Well the ones that don't go to WWE would either end up in ROH or some other indy federation.

The next thing that would happen is the WWE would try to increase their video library by buying the library of TNA. Not only would they attempt at buying the video library of TNA they would attempt at buying anything that has to do with TNA. They would be basically guaranteed absolute control of the Pro-Wrestling Industry in North America with ROH at a very distant second.

Another thing that I could see happening is finally a STING dvd. The WWE didn't want to do one yet because he is still employed and working with TNA. But if TNA were to go bankrupt then they could do the dvd and maybe try to sign STINGER to a contract. Even if it is a legends contract or a contract where he has creative control. I still think the WWE would try and get Sting to join them.

Those are just a couple of things that I think would happen if TNA were to go bankrupt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunderbunker View Post
Your stuff is pretty good ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
SavageTaker is the man. That is all.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Aren't they already spending more than they can make LOL.
With all the high priced older talent they keep lapping up with no intention of actually utilising the ones that are still on the payroll they must be cutting it thin.

Devon Dudley would be welcomed back to wwe, not sure about Bubba Ray as he apparently had a bad rep. Angle would definately be welcomed back.
Foley might come back to WWE but i'm not sure if he needs it enough

Sting, Nash, Steiner, Jarrett would be done. No way WWE would want them
Booker T 50/50

The X divisioners i'm not sure, on paper they are real talent but are they really "WWE" style enough. They'd have to slow down and learn to tell a story match rather than jsut constant high paced spots, but surely that can be learned.

Not sure if WWE would be in the least interested with acquiring the DVD merchandise/DVD/PPV etc. They would be losing money trying to sell it.

Thats just my opinion though, as much as i find the TNA product boring/mindless on the whole it is atleast watchable and something to watch on a saturday night that isn't WWE. Like the old days of WCW vs WWE either was something to watch when the other wasn't on even if ya didn't like what they produced..
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 AM

Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kip The Fury worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Kip The Fury

If TNA were to go bankrupt i would hope Vince would buy it up and form a new show within the WWE specifically for tagteam wrestling. Since its pretty obvious pretty much all of the upper midcard and main event stars would be snapped up by WWE the roster would be huge, too much for 3 shows. therefore it would be logical to assume either a new show would be formed or superstars would be replaced.

Think about it TNA has a much better tagteam division than WWE... by a long shot. WWE needs a boost to that aspect of its product. Start a new show, bring across the tag teams from TNA, 3D, Lethal consequences, MCMG, LAX et al, add in the colons, priceless, the Hart Dynasty and have the Tag titles as the main title of the program. Combine all that and you've got more than enough for a a show matching the standard of SD or Raw. From the brand split side of things, leave this show open to all superstars as long as their in a team, assign wrestlers to wrestle on the other shows in singles competition but anyone can compete for the tag titles on the new show.

The only downside i can see is that there mite be too much tag team wrestling for some people. And of course this depends on TNA folding but purely in the realms of fantasy i think it could be good.

any thoughts?

sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm MASSIVE and RIPPED
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...THE Madcap worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I tell you what, I sure as hell wish people would stop making these dumb ass, misleading threads.

If you wanted to talk about something that hasn't happened, just put the title as a question FFS

Jamo Warrior.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Disillusioned Smark

AndarielHalo is looking to come up from OCW...AndarielHalo is looking to come up from OCW...AndarielHalo is looking to come up from OCW...AndarielHalo is looking to come up from OCW...

Samoa Joe would be feuding with Batman ("Dark Knight" Batman) for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 26.

At least, that's what I keep telling people on Amazon.com when they post boring "predictions" that Triple H will defeat Test for the IC title or some dumb crap. Why be boring with predictions? I make it fun, and they call me names like "insane" and "yo're funny" and "I see what you did there; spoofing the idiots who make pointless predictions instead of reviews on PPVs a year in the future". Those aren't nice things to call people!

If TNA went bankrupt, I'd be out of a pretend job at TWF, recapping iMPACT! weekly with my insanity and the like. I can barely keep up with TNA sometimes. Example: At what point in time EVER had Kiyoshi shown anything remotely resembling an "Anti-American" stance? Or is Russo's stance that anyone who isn't American inherently hates America unless they say otherwise?

Quote:
We do not require an essay for every post

Bullshit, motherfuckers. Bullfuckingshit.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM

jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...jokeboy624 is looking to come up from OCW...

If TNA were to fold, I do think the WWE would go after only some of the talent. Remember when they bought WCW? Not everybody got a plane ticket to Stamford, CT. I think Angle and Styles are the only guarantees that would show up. Foley, Sting, Lashley, and some of the Knockouts would get offers. I have a gut feeling that Samoa Joe wouldn't get an offer, I mean, he's been slipping and I've never really been impressed by him anyway. Booker T wouldn't want to come back and I don't know that they would want him back. The Dudleys would also not be coming back. WWE could have them right now if they wanted and they didn't make an offer. There are definitely some talented individuals in TNA that would also get a look, but they aren't guaranteed. WWE is making too many releases to want to take on more payroll that might not pan out.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Ė Team Undisputed
ROH Pure Champion

King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...

If Vince learned anything from any of his multiple mistakes, which he probably didnít / wonít / will never, I hope he would support them either by helping them out or buying them out. It would be great if he threw a billion dollars at them, but kept his two cents in his pocket. He knows what happened with WCW and ECW. If he was smart, he should financially support them, but keep them as competition. Who am I kidding, he would buy them, turn them all heels and bury them except for a select few. I like to call that the RVD Effect where the Face Superstar is bigger than the Heel Faction heís in. Remember the Alliance or more recently Sting in the N. W. O. and M. E. Mob??

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 AM

dmacizdman is looking to come up from OCW...

if they file bankruptcy, it doesn't mean they would have to shut down. although, the court would try to weed out the bigger-paid employees and tell the company they can't keep them. my former company just filed last week and the big-wigs should worry more than the lower-end employees. i would think the people just under Dixie Carter would be the ones who got axed.

Last edited by dmacizdman : 06-09-2009 at 10:32 AM.
sendpm.gif