WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
WWF Hardcore Champion

Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...Tenta is a United States Champion...
Default Is Vince's Pettiness Costing The WWE in the Public Eye?

As I'm sure we all know, Vince McMahon.... Well, he holds grudges... Alot.

This whole debacle regarding the Pepsi Center, for all intents and purposes, is done. The Denver Nuggets have washed their hands of the matter. Yet, Vince simply can't let it go. Rather, quite the opposite... Vince is choosing to let the grudges he holds consume him. I think it's fair to say we're going to see an entire episode of Raw devoted to this whole mess. There's already a "Lakers vs. Nuggets" ten man tag team match, and if you think Vince is done, you surely haven't been watching the WWE in the past few years.

My questions are simple... Why does Vince choose to let his personal life take place inside of the ring? Second, does such an action have an positive influence on the show?

I don't see how Vince invoking his personal life into the program has any positive effect on the program. Yes, certain people like that Vince has an attitude, and that he fights. But at a certain point, Vince has to realize something.... People simply don't care. I sympathize with Vince's plights, but quite frankly, I don't think it makes for good entertainment, unless those plights involve the actual wrestling.

Thoughts? Concerns?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 PM

PDepew2181 is looking to come up from OCW...PDepew2181 is looking to come up from OCW...PDepew2181 is looking to come up from OCW...PDepew2181 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd be inclined to agree with you.

If they actually run through with that crap on Raw, I'm going to change the channel. That's if I even both to watch in the first place, because I've just been very turned off since WrestleMania.

Vince thinks any publicity is good publicity. We know this. What I can't understand is why Vince thinks this way. He's gone through plenty of public ordeals, but he figures that it just makes him stronger because he hasn't been beaten. This will be his eventual downfall. One day, he will finally go too far with something. Or maybe he'll just die first, I don't know. Most people haven't forgotten the Benoit murder/suicide, and WWE's public profile has been pretty pathetic ever since.

Whatever sort of reference they make on Monday will be totally and completely pathetic. But Vince doesn't care.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 PM

rolltide_pisco is a member of the JOB SQUAD

This whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion. If Vince is on national television bashing the Nuggets and holding up Lakers jersey, what do u think the fans are gonna be like when they come back to Denver? Or does the Pepsi Center even allow WWE to come back at all?

Vince has no competition and his ratings are sinking faster than The Titanic and he'll do anything cheap and sleezy to get any interest from people to watch his programming. I hate the NBA. I think it's one of the most boring sports on television. But compared to what WWE has, I enjoy at least watching LeBron James play. I could care less what happens this Monday. All that happens is he loses more credibility and no one really except 10 year olds tune in.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ThePeoplesChampion is looking to come up from OCW...ThePeoplesChampion is looking to come up from OCW...ThePeoplesChampion is looking to come up from OCW...ThePeoplesChampion is looking to come up from OCW...

i agree totally here....all he's doing is making an ass out himself....i mean the sportscenter guys are making fun it....u think that the sports person is going to watch now after sportscenter bashed in....and well im watching the game and during commercials flipping to raw.....its a game four and as the nuggets have won today vince should of shut up and just moved i mean he's fighting america's number 2/3 sports....NFL first tie wit baseball and basketball....ur just not going to compete with that....should of learned his lesson with pushing the NFL wit XFL...total flop.....so in the end vince sayin this pushin and pushin the issue fails him
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 AM
The Legend Killer himself
Knockout Champion

TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not so sure. You raise good points, I won't really argue with them. At the same token his main calling right now is to get more people interested in watching the WWE right now, and this gave him TONS of ESPN exposure as well as all over other sports media outlets. Whether or not he looks like a jerk he accomplished his task. Most people who only slightly know him probably already thought of him that way anyways.

Thanks to Theo
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 AM

MrMcCool is looking to come up from OCW...

If fans were going to watch, and wont now that sportscenter bashed him, then they are bigger marks then the Internet Wrestling Fans!!!! Have a mind of your own.

Any publicity IS good publicity, and Controversy Creates Cash!!!!

Vince is usually on the negative end of the publicity, this time is in the right, Nuggets are wrong, he has every right to ride it out. Guess what, if no settlement was reached yet that satisfied Vince, the Nuggets havent moved on because a lawsuit is coming.

Hes not making an ass of himself, hes playing it up for the cameras, think a little bit people. Hes mentioned every single day on sportscenter, and we all talk about it online, and a lot of people will watch RAW to see what he does.

Hes not wrong, so as bad as all you Vince haters want to make this out so he looks bad and bury him, you dont stand a chance, and are making yourselves look stupid.

When its all said and done, after a settlement is agreed to, which it might be already, we dont know, Vince wins!!!! If Kroenke pays out a dime, Vince wins! Deal with it guys.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Well, congratulations, you're officially MARKS! I mean, Vince has EVERY right to hold a grudge with the Nuggets brass for what took place. It was poor management on their part to book an event, then go, 'Whoops, sorry...we need that place for our NBA team. Although you booked the place last August, fuck you anyway.'

So as far as I'm concerned, the public eye knows about the WWE and that's all that matters to Vince. Whether it's petty or in a positive spin, ANY publicity is better than the kind they've had with Benoit. Vince seen this and probably ran to WWE's Public Relations Department to get this on ESPN and the sports airwaves.

Vince isn't petty. He's a businessman and a promoter. And is still THE best promoter anywhere.

You guys bought into it...hook, line, and sinker. lulz.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 AM
crafts entire Worlds out of Words
WWF Hardcore Champion

Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...Razor is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Lariat View Post
Well, congratulations, you're officially MARKS! I mean, Vince has EVERY right to hold a grudge with the Nuggets brass for what took place. It was poor management on their part to book an event, then go, 'Whoops, sorry...we need that place for our NBA team. Although you booked the place last August, fuck you anyway.'

So as far as I'm concerned, the public eye knows about the WWE and that's all that matters to Vince. Whether it's petty or in a positive spin, ANY publicity is better than the kind they've had with Benoit. Vince seen this and probably ran to WWE's Public Relations Department to get this on ESPN and the sports airwaves.

Vince isn't petty. He's a businessman and a promoter. And is still THE best promoter anywhere.

^^^This. The Lariat and I differ on a few things, and those are a rarity. We once again agree on this one.

Do you guys believe Vince's interview on ESPN was legit? It was an obvious wrestling promo. Everything he did screamed a classic wrestling promo. I'm surprised Coachman didn't call him out on it right then and there.

And Vince has every right to do so. He was fucked out of his stadium that he booked a year ahead of time because the stadium said "Oh shit, we've actually made it to the playoffs. Fuck." It's the stadium's own fault they didn't write in a clause that they can kick Vince out if there happens to be a playoff game on the date he booked. And Vince is milking their mistake for all the publicity he can get out of it.

But for the actual thread topic, I believe Vince's real life has every place in the WWE if it pertains to the WWE. If Linda cheats on the man, I don't need a year long storyline on that. If Vince is fucked out of his venue that he booked a year in advance? Go right on ahead Vince, full steam ahead.

I'm not saying what he's doing will be good. "Calling out" Kroenke will just be another annoying skit on par with the Obama/Clinton and Trump/O'Donnell matches. But it's his damn company. If he keeps his fans, and I have a feeling he knows how to do just that, let him do what he wants.

Is it good for the WWE? If it gets them any publicity that doesn't have the words "Steroids", "Young Child Dies Trying to Replicate Wrestling Move", or "Wrestler Died (any age younger than 50)" he's doing pretty damn good.

I'm off to save the Keywork.

By teh Doctor
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Kennedy Mark

kurtisraw07 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Vince is actually kissing ESPN's ass. I mean he sent Mike and Mike tag belt replicas presumably because they promoted his cause on their show. However he also did it for publicity. I don't really feel sorry for Vince because he promotes a shitty product and doesn't care. However I do hate the fact that ESPN shits on wrestling and even mocked WWE despite WWE kissing their ass. I bet if this was 1999 ESPN would be begging WWE for an interview. This just goes to show you that Batista and Cena just suck. Rock and Austin would have been given their own dressing rooms at ESPN headquarters and would have been invited to be regulars on ESPN's 1st and 10 segment to debate Skip Baliss.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 AM

tj177mmi is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Lariat View Post

This is absolutely correct. Vince could have said "ok, we'll take it on Sunday night without making a stink", but what fans do they get? What extra promotion do they receive? NONE. I have never heard WWE in the national media for something other than bad things, like Benoit, Guerrero, Owen Hart, steroids. For this, they aren't even the bad guy. Hell, ESPN's promotion of WWE this week and Vince's claims what he will do may turn some viewers over to WWE just to see what he will do.
sendpm.gif