WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
The Cerebral Assassin
WWE Diva's Champion

PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Does Vickie Guerrero Get X-Pac Heat?

Can you honestly tell me that she doesnt? And, if she does, then why is she still around? I know she gets so much heat, but isnt it simply because she's overstayed her WWE welcome and is just plain annoying as a character- not a good heel at all, just A N N O Y I N G. Does WWE not see this, or are they just being blind and going with what they think is the crowd just giving her legit heel heat? I mean, shes been GM for SD! for nearly 2 years now and has no real ability- she SUCKS on the mic... how can you have a GM that sucks on the mic- I mean, what else do they do besides talk? Everyone boos her cuz they hate her AND her horrid voice. So, my question is, doesn't she have X-Pac Heat, and, if so, why hasnt the WWE fired her yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpunky View Post
Mine was a train wreck. I plowed through her, And there was blood everywhere.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
The Next One
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

kenvin100 is looking to come up from OCW...

I dont think you understand what "X-Pac heat is"

Quote:
"X-Pac Heat" was used commonly during the Invasion storyline when X-Pac was booed and his opponents cheered despite X-Pac being cast as aligned with the WWF and thus as a fac
source wiki

So basically its a face getting booed..a great example of this is also JOHN CENA! Ex: Cena vs RVD in 1 night stand..

As for Vickie, its honestly "Vickie heat"...this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen..every time we hear her squeeky voice "EXCUSE ME" she gets mad heat against her! I guess you can consider this as more of an "annoying heat" since she is REALLY REALLY....REALLY annoying!

Last edited by kenvin100 : 02-27-2009 at 06:09 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
The Cerebral Assassin
WWE Diva's Champion

PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...

You missed the first sentence in the definition on Wikipedia tho:

"refers to heat drawn by performers whom the fans are not interested in any capacity and do not want to watch"

Vickie falls under that. And I really think this covers the main factors of X-Pac Heat- no one remembers that he was a face and was getting booed- they remember he was stale and no one wanted to even see him come out of the curtain, and thats why he was despised (thus, X-Pac Heat).

I really think Vickie has it. I mean, I know heels are supposed to be hated, even, in some cases, REALLY hated, even when it comes to touchy issues (i.e. Iron Sheik, Muhammad Hassan, etc). Vickie provides nothing BUT gets booed BECAUSE no one wants to see/hear her, thus not being a good heel- shes just a waste of space (both physically and figuratively) that shoundnt still be the GM of SD! and was just a part of the infamous Eddie death push and has yet to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpunky View Post
Mine was a train wreck. I plowed through her, And there was blood everywhere.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
WCW TV Champion

BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...

Heat reminds me of publicity, there is no such thing as "bad" publicity. Whether Vickie's heat is legit or not, it still adds something to the story, or ones character (Edge). Vickie is supposed to be annoying, and yelling through the mic is rather annoying. So when it's all said and done I think Vickie is doing her job. Whether you want to call it real or not, it's what she is supposed to do. To be honest, do you really think she is that annoying off the screen?
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Undisputed WWE Champion

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

X-Pac Heat is probably the dumbest wrestling term ever. The person is still getting a reaction. You could get the Charlie Haas pop. What comes across better on TV, no heat, or pure heat. Someone taht comes out to no noise is pretty much a goner.

Plus, it's not "Xpac Heat" for Vickie, Vickie Guerrero is pretty damn good. The Excuse Me line gets her crazy heat. She can talk, and get booed, but the second those words come out of her mouth, it drives people crazy. Vickie Guerrero is probably the second best heel GM in the history of the company, outside of possibly Eric Bischoff.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheGame View Post
Can you honestly tell me that she doesnt?
Yes, I can honestly tell you, she doesn't. She gets great heel heat, for being the evil widower of a Wrestler that most people want to categorize as a lot better than what he ever was.

And because most wrestling fans seem to be virgins or nerds who've only ever had one meaningful relationship, most of them boo her because they believe even after the death of her Husband, it's unlawful for her to find another romance.

Quote:
And, if she does, then why is she still around?
She's still around because she's still being booed wildly. When people stop caring so much about her, to the point of simply getting up and going to take a piss, or going to ignore her completely.. then she'll become useless. But for now, people love to hate her.

Quote:
I know she gets so much heat, but isnt it simply because she's overstayed her WWE welcome and is just plain annoying as a character- not a good heel at all, just A N N O Y I N G.
Character or not, being annoying to the point of making people care enough to hate you.. is something no other heel within the company can seem to find a grip on doing.

The way I see it, Vickie Guerrero is the greatest heel female the business has ever seen, and possibly the best heel the industry's ever had. She gets heat for being herself. She isn't fully playing a character, or anything. She's Vickie Guerrero.. the widower, who "found another love". Bam.. she's a bitch.

Quote:
Does WWE not see this, or are they just being blind and going with what they think is the crowd just giving her legit heel heat?
Define "heel heat"? Isn't the objective of heel heat, to be booed uncontrollably? I mean, Vickie IS doing her job. She's gaining a reaction, and she gets guys like Chavo, Big Show, Kozlov, and others all great heel reactions as well.

Quote:
I mean, shes been GM for SD! for nearly 2 years now and has no real ability- she SUCKS on the mic... how can you have a GM that sucks on the mic- I mean, what else do they do besides talk?
Two words. Mike Adamle.

Teddy Long sucks, too.

Quote:
Everyone boos her cuz they hate her AND her horrid voice. So, my question is, doesn't she have X-Pac Heat, and, if so, why hasnt the WWE fired her yet?
The main key word in all of that is still "boos her". I mean, if they truly hated her, they wouldn't give her any reaction at all. People truly dispised X-Pac, to the point of booing him even as a face. Vickie isn't a face, and won't ever be a face.

However, I recall a time before she turned to Edge, when people loved her and wanted her around. They enjoyed her helping Teddy Long and Krystal. They only ever came to hate her, thanks IN PART to Edge.

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

I personally can't stand Vickie. When she comes on I just change the channel or do something else. These days I'm more likely to change the channel because I don't care for her voice and hate the "excuse me" gimmick. I have zero interest in her and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way. I also happen to feel the same way about JBL and The Miz.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:24 AM
I can do whatever I want
WWF Hardcore Champion

My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...My$terio_Fan is a Television Champion...

She may get "X-Pac" heat but really who cares. The point of a heel is to be hated and dispised(which Vickie is). Also she helps the wrestlers she works with get heat as well. Although Edge is a great heel and can get heat on his own, there is no denying his heat is a little bit more when he is defending Vickie.

Also with Vickie being as hated as she is, any face who stands up to her or Edge get a pop for it and more fan reaction. So not only can Vickie help other heels get heat by association she can also get pops for faces.

I really don't agree with the "X-Pac" heat term to begin with. People hate Vickie for whatever reason and just because it's legitimate hate doesn't mean it's any less effective of getting the job done.

<3
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2009, 03:44 AM

Splinter is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
She's still around because she's still being booed wildly. When people stop caring so much about her, to the point of simply getting up and going to take a piss, or going to ignore her completely.. then she'll become useless. But for now, people love to hate her.
exactly. she is doing a great job because of that amazing crowd reaction. don't get me wrong, to me she also is annoying as hell, but at the same time i'm amazed by that strong reaction.
if she did a bad job, the crowd would be dead.

so, she doesn't get x-pac heat, she gets "vicky-heat"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 AM
The man of a thousand rest holds.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Scott Free is looking to come up from OCW...Scott Free is looking to come up from OCW...Scott Free is looking to come up from OCW...Scott Free is looking to come up from OCW...Scott Free is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, I can't watch Vicky without fast scanning forward to where she stops talking. I don't care about fans reaction, or what she's going to say, she's just THAT annoying. It's got nothing to do with her relation with Eddie or Edge or the fact she's supposed to be GM, it's got to do with the personal opinion that I find her disgusting to look at, annoying to listen to, and generally object to be forced to tolerate such a troll because the WWE just loves to torture it's audience. Paying live audiences have no choice but to be subjected to her nonsense and they resent it, but I can skip her crap, and would never attend a live Smackdown just because of her presence. You could call it heat, I call it bad for business.
sendpm.gif