WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-15-2018, 09:14 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE Wrestlemania XXXIV- Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar(c) VS Roman Reigns

Reigns to challenge Brock for Universal Title at WrestleMania 34
Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns will once again meet on The Grandest Stage of Them All, as The Beast Incarnate defends his Universal Title against The Big Dog at WrestleMania 34.

I have yet to see a section for WrestleMania 34, or threads for matches on the card. We're only four weeks out from the biggest show of the year and nothing. I don't know what's going on,but I figured I'd be that guy.

As for the match, this is not something many people are looking forward to, but let's remember WrestleMania XXXI and everyone thought it would suck before it went on to STEAL THE SHOW! We all know who's winning, but that isn't a always a bad thing. This should be a great hard hitting bout. Brock and Reigns seem to have great chemistry. A lot of people would complain about the way we got here, but it's actual great to see the company finally planning a long term story and sticking with it. They knew what they wanted and they've built it up well thus far, other than having Reigns hypocritically call Brock "Vince's boy." Roman has been doing some of the best mic work in the company in recent weeks, let's hope that continues. Next logical step is to have Reigns "invade" RAW next week and beat the **** out of Brock Lesnar, and maybe even Spear Heyman for good measure. I no longer see this closing the show, however.

Last edited by BEAT THAT ***** ASS : 03-15-2018 at 09:28 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:59 AM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT THAT ***** ASS View Post
Roman has been doing some of the best mic work in the company in recent weeks, let's hope that continues.
Has he, though?

Roman sounds like he either continues to be nervous or does not fully grasp how to time his own cadences. He doesn't sound like he yet fully knows what to do when he has the microphone. This past Monday when he was cutting that "disrespect" promo, you could see on his face that he lost his place mentally and started searching. This is an ongoing issue in Reigns promos.

Not to completely crap on what you are saying, I think Roman is getting better.

But we aren't going to sit around and let ourselves be fooled into thinking that a promo was good because Roman calls someone a "bitch" are we? That may shock the kiddos, but it does not mean he cut a good promo.

I am curious that they are letting him basically so far be the build to this match. I know Lesnar will at some point show up and Heyman will be back, but I am interested to see how well he holds up against Heyman verbally and against Brock in the build to WM and how much of the build they allow him to shoulder.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree. Reigns isn't too bad at promos when nobody is there to counteract or retort. However, when you get someone in there who had decent mic skills, it reverts to "I'm gonna beat your ass" or "you're a bitch." I can't throw it all on to Roman as I'm sure Vince or "creative" is in his ear scripting what to say. I wish they would just let wrestlers have some bullet point highlights to hit and let them go. Some you have to script because they would be god awful if not but many who are scripted would do better just being themselves.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:12 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

On a personal level, This is the match that i'm looking for the most at mania this year. I love those type of really physical match that doesn't have a tone of moves and tell a story which this one will have.

I really loved their match a few years ago and roman's as grown tremendously as a performer since then so i feel it would be ten times better then the first one.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:03 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's a match .... ok. I guess it's something to look forward to.

I dunno considering its 99% sure this match will close the show let's put things into perspective:
- This will Roman Reigns' 4 consecutive WM where he will close the show. This means he will surpass Stone Cold (who headlined 3 consecutive WM's). He's also closed more as much WM's as The Rock.
- This also means Roman Reigns era has out lasted the entire Attitude Era

This seems really wrong
Old 03-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Reigns doesn't compel me with his looks of serious concern. He always looks like he's trying to figure out a brain teaser when he's supposed to be shocked by an occurrence.

Beyond that, his promos are like listening to a mid-level manager try in vain to convey a CEOs vision statement to his subordinates. The best comebacks he's ever had involve saying some variation of an idea that someone should just shut their mouth. Albeit; there's been little evidence in the past two years that Brock Lesnar is capable of speaking at all. Just saying; you and I are on different planets when it comes to our interpretations of Roman's mic abilities.

I'll admit that I enjoy seeing Roman get beaten up, so there's that. He's not a bad wrestler, I just see his matches as being very "paint by numbers". I'm not saying that he needs to whip out a fresh spot everytime he wrestles, it would just be nice that a PPV have some kind of surprise in store. Maybe Roman hits a superman punch off the top rope, or he finally turns heel and signs with Paul Heyman. I don't want to see a repeat of their last WrestleMania match, minus Seth Rollins obviously. It's not just Roman's match to win, it's Roman's chance to make a difference in his otherwise stagnant career.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock win, but at that point there really is nothing left for him. They fed Braun to him, and I don't think that the WWE is creatively prepared or creatively inspired to tell some kind of Rocky story where AJ Styles beats Brock at next year's WrestleMania. I will be cheering for Brock (obviously), but I think that -- under ideal circumstances mind you -- Roman should win this match. It will work for me if Roman stops playing the "Aww, come on you guys" sympathy card while the crowd boos him and instead lights a fire under our asses by directing his rage about not getting his due at the crowd.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

If this goes on last and Reigns beats Brock (which is about 99% probably happening) and that's it and they still portray him as a face then expect the boos.

However, if they are dead set on this being the main event, Roman is already getting booed like a heel. He has been for past 4 years almost. f I was booking I'd pull a swerve and have Heyman turn on Brock realizing Roman's future in WWE and Brock wanting to go back to UFC which leaves Heyman without an advocate. Reigns turns heel with help of Heyman and Heyman is now advocate for Reigns (which helps him in promos and will hype him up plus help him get over with smarks). The next night on Raw would definitely ne hyped to see why Reigns turned heel and why Heyman turned on Lesnar. Then I'd have Reigns take the mic after Heyman was done with his explanation and just shit on the crowd for all the grief they've given him over the years. That would be nice!
Old 03-23-2018, 04:04 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Let's give credit where credit is due, Vince mcmahon is smarter then all of us. The guy knew all along that by leaking the fact that he wanted Reigns to be a top guy to Meltzer and every other dirt sheet writers that the IWC would turn on him right away. The point of this whole push for Roman was never to make him a Austin Level babyface but they wanted another John Cena and that's exactly what they are getting right now.

The reason i write this is simple, more then ever you have a section of the crowd that hates him for whatever reason and you got another section that loves him, so no matter what they do with him from now on, you're going to have this 50/50 dynamic and that's how you make money with a guy. The fans that loves him will buy his merchandise and some of the fans that don't love him will secretly buy his merchandise as well.

So the point i'm making is that in the end, When Reigns wins this match against Lesnar and become the universal champion, you're going to have a portion of the fans that will cheered for the guy and a portion that will boo him. That's kinda were the WWE is mentality is headed right now. Their motto seem to be '' We don't cares if you cheer or boo a guy, all we ask for is that you react''. So Is reigns the best choice to Beat Lesnar, Right Now i would say Yes because he his the face of Raw right now even if some fan really don't like that. The guy that makes the most money for the company should be the champion and Reigns is that guy.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:31 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Let's give credit where credit is due, Vince mcmahon is smarter then all of us. The guy knew all along that by leaking the fact that he wanted Reigns to be a top guy to Meltzer and every other dirt sheet writers that the IWC would turn on him right away. The point of this whole push for Roman was never to make him a Austin Level babyface but they wanted another John Cena and that's exactly what they are getting right now.

The reason i write this is simple, more then ever you have a section of the crowd that hates him for whatever reason and you got another section that loves him, so no matter what they do with him from now on, you're going to have this 50/50 dynamic and that's how you make money with a guy. The fans that loves him will buy his merchandise and some of the fans that don't love him will secretly buy his merchandise as well.
WHAT??? They don't want a universally loved face that would sell more merchandise? Faces sell more than heels. Top faces sell more than faces. Universally loved top faces sell more than top faces. That way you get kids and adults buying. Imagine how much more Cena would have sold had he been universally loved. What evidence do you have that people are secretly buying his stuff?

Reigns wasn't booed because he was picked by Vince. He was booed because he was pushed too soon. Messed up on promos and was lackluster in the ring at first. He fixed the in ring part and stopped the cheesy promos but his character still isn't framed right. His promos are better but still nothing special.

Vince didn't leak shit. It was obvious they were building him up. People forget, he was liked in his initial push but when his flaws became apparent, people began to turn.

Braun had the same issue. He was pushed too early and people booed. However, he improved and became an awesome monster. Why isn't he still half/half? Is it because you pulled this whole thing out of your ass?
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockiswwf View Post
WHAT??? They don't want a universally loved face that would sell more merchandise? Faces sell more than heels. Top faces sell more than faces. Universally loved top faces sell more than top faces. That way you get kids and adults buying. Imagine how much more Cena would have sold had he been universally loved. What evidence do you have that people are secretly buying his stuff?

Reigns wasn't booed because he was picked by Vince. He was booed because he was pushed too soon. Messed up on promos and was lackluster in the ring at first. He fixed the in ring part and stopped the cheesy promos but his character still isn't framed right. His promos are better but still nothing special.

Vince didn't leak shit. It was obvious they were building him up. People forget, he was liked in his initial push but when his flaws became apparent, people began to turn.

Braun had the same issue. He was pushed too early and people booed. However, he improved and became an awesome monster. Why isn't he still half/half? Is it because you pulled this whole thing out of your ass?
Don’t even bother dude... regarding his “statements” numerous people have given him factual information that proves, how incorrect he is regarding the topic. Just let him live in his own bubble, when it regards Roman