WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

They held one big event here, Summerslam 1992 and it broke all attendance records but that was 25 years ago and they have given us nothing since, Would be understandable if that event failed but it was such a success fans are still talking about it all those years later, Everything WWE in the UK costs more then the US the Network, DVD's, Live events, Figures and other merchandise, So I think they take their UK fans for granted, Considering how loyal we have been here in the UK we at least deserve a chance at just one Wrestlemania. Its called WORLD Wrestling Entertainment but its not truly world when they just hold all their big events in the US even if its just one big event every 25 years I can handle that at least we would get something here. It wouldn't even have to happen in the UK I would settle for anywhere in Europe as its mostly all close enough for UK fans to attend.

Last edited by FromGlasgow : 03-05-2018 at 07:53 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

And this surprises who? Look, any major event gets paid for. Nobody is going to do one for free. Look at the World Cup. Qatar spent and offered BILLIONS to FIFA for the rights to host the 2022. The Saudis know how popular WWE is. They want to control their youth with "bread and circuses". So, they dropped a few bucks to get a version of the Royal Rumble in Jeddah. It is kind of like a "private" event where you hire a band or a wedding singer. Some of you guys in the UK need to put a solid financial package for WWE to do a major event. Set up an organizing committee and present your plan to VKM. If he likes it, fine. If not, you get the WWE Live tours like you normally do. But, do not think VKM will hand London a PPV event out of loyalty alone.

Last edited by stingray11214 : 03-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:21 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

If there's some sort of shady dealings behind the scenes regarding WWE and the Aussie & Saudi governments, isn't that what's called business? If a deal like this screws over taxpayers then, of course, I'm against it but the fact of the matter is that governments, ALL governments, do things like this all the time. In the United States, for instance, we have local, state and federal level officials give enticements and incentives to big corporations all the time. For instance, if Wal-Mart was planning to build some sort of mega store who's size would rival that of the biggest mall in America, you'd have state and county officials willing to peddle their mama's asses if it meant they could get the store in their state. If Microsoft was planning to build a series of factories in Saudi Arabia, the sheiks would be willing to give the company just about anything it wanted.

Any sort of shady dealings between WWE and these governments, if there even is any, is a drop in the bucket compared with some of the under the table stuff that go on and have gone on between big companies and governments since....well since forever really.

If the UK wants a major show like WrestleMania, Vince will give it to them if they're willing to pay for it and it's not like paying for it is going to put that huge of a dent in their budget. WWE's biggest audience is in the United States so of course the US audience is going to be catered to more.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria