WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2018, 05:25 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default 205 Live: What can WWE do to save it?

I just saw photo's form last night crowd during the 205 live broadcast and i felt sad for the performers. They pretty much wrestled in front of a empty arena because there was so many fans that left the building before 205 live begin. The fact that it was a Los Angeles crowd which this type of wrestling is normally gathered for made me think that the brand is on life support right now and they need to either take time off after mania and reboot the whole think by having it not being live every week and maybe moving it into a smaller setting like Center stage or full sail.

But they need something to get peoples interest again because right now, even with this full 360 they did with how the product as been presented, they are still perceive as lower midcard guy that don't matter and fans don't want to stick around unless the dark match is worth staying for. And the viewership for the show is still suffering as well because even with the change in direction, it's seem like thinks didn'T change that much since nobody is reporting that the show is doing better as far as viewership is concern.

So what can WWE do to save the brand right now?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:45 AM

Sammi is looking to come up from OCW...

The show has been amazing the last month. by far the best show in WWE this year in my opinion. I think its working right now, get guys like Balor,Gargano,Ciampa,Ricochet to the division, get a tag division, and bring Bollywood Boyz to 205.

They should copy the Option C storyline TNA did, maybe at each Summerslam, whoever is Crusierweight Champion gets to face the Universal Champion on Summerslam.

Let the Crusierweights challenge for the Intercontinental Championship, someone like TJ Perkins should win it, bring it to 205 for a period of 6 months. exchange it between a Perkins and Cedric. Imagine Rollins coming to 205 Live, just to challenge TJ Perkins for the IC.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:51 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It was a nice surprise to see the cruiserweights come back and in a perfect world I would love them to stay, it’s just too much for someone to watch all the product in a week. I really don’t see why 205 live needs to be its own brand anyway. Why can’t they just be on Raw or Smackdown. They don’t get as much time but they become an act you will see week in, week out.

One way I think you could get people interested is if you put two 205 guys together and let them dominate the tag scene for 4-6 months. Just beating teams left and right, doing flip after flip. I would imagine people would tune in a bit more to see how the other guys go in the singles matches. Just have them be speedy and smarter than the guys they go up against and make them look good. Actually now that I think about it, does them bein their own brand hurt. Of course WCW isolated the little guys from the rest of the card (to an extent) and that worked, but they were still on the same show.

I don’t have much confidence that the division survives, but I hope it does. It’s not so bad and it’s definitely been a lot better since they created the tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 03-01-2018, 05:08 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Smackdown is so bad that I would just have 205 Live inserted into that show. So long as whoever is currently booking 205 Live are left to their own devices and the Smackdown crew don't start writing it.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

There is no saving it. VKM will never let 205Live be anything more than a sideshow. For those who REALLY enjoy that type of wrestling, they go to New Japan. RoH or LU, where that weight class has been properly integrated with the rest of the lineup. WWE has been, since its inception, a "Character" and "Big Man's" promotion. Rich Swann, Austin Aries, and eventually, Neville, did themselves favors getting out at this juncture. 205Live for any athlete in WWE is basically a death sentence for their WWE careers, for they will never be seen as much for anyone.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Add some big names to the roster and it could flourish. Give them 1 match every PPV and keep them off of Raw & Smackdown. Sometimes less is more.

1) Rey Mysterio Jr
2) Johnny Gargano
3) Lio Rush
Old 03-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Shoot me in the Face!!!
WWE European Champion

Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Face McShooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
There is no saving it. VKM will never let 205Live be anything more than a sideshow.
Vince isn't in charge of 205Live anymore, Triple H is
Quote:
For those who REALLY enjoy that type of wrestling, they go to New Japan. RoH or LU, where that weight class has been properly integrated with the rest of the lineup.
I love Cruiserweight Wrestling and rarely watch anything other han the WWE. It all depends on what you have available.
Quote:
WWE has been, since its inception, a "Character" and "Big Man's" promotion. Rich Swann, Austin Aries, and eventually, Neville, did themselves favors getting out at this juncture.
The only one that belongs this list is Aries. Swann got arrested and as far as i know Neville just isn't on tv at the moment.
Quote:
205Live for any athlete in WWE is basically a death sentence for their WWE careers, for they will never be seen as much for anyone.
That may very well change with Trips in charge. It's already so much better than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
I wish nature called when you were conceived.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:10 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

In my opinion, there is no saving 205 Live. NXT would have been a better show in its place, and that would have failed as well. I think the Cruiserweight division should be moved to Smackdown (with a 3rd hour), and the Light Heavyweight division should be recreated on Raw, giving both shows a 3rd tier / lower card Championship Title Belt and division to even things out.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Steins_Gate View Post
Vince isn't in charge of 205Live anymore, Triple H is
He still answers to VKM. If you think otherwise, you are a fool. If VKM does not like something, Trips or no Trips, it will be changed.

Quote:
I love Cruiserweight Wrestling and rarely watch anything other han the WWE. It all depends on what you have available.
That is you. A lot of Wrestling fans do not turn to WWE for Cruiserweights/Jr. Heavyweights. They go to the promotions that have long taken that weight class seriously.

Quote:
The only one that belongs this list is Aries. Swann got arrested and as far as i know Neville just isn't on tv at the moment.
Charges were dropped with Swann. Swann asked for his release. Neville is probably going to ride out his contract, and then go to New Japan or Mexico.

Quote:
That may very well change with Trips in charge. It's already so much better than before
As long as it is stuck behind SmackDown, and performing before empty houses, it will not matter what Trips does. In the end, VKM never respected the smaller guys. WWE was, and will remain, a "Big Man's" promotion.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Nothing will save this show because there is no reason for it to exist. The cruiserweights should either be presented as equals on Raw or otherwise remove the division. It is unfair to make them look inferior and be stuck on a show that doesn't matter. Put them into tag teams (both brands need more) and send a few after the United States or Intercontinental Championships. Then 205 Live can fade into obscurity where it belongs.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.