WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-27-2018, 05:48 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff View Post
The thing is, all the reports are that Bryan is fit and could wrestle tomorrow, but WWE won't clear him. There were all the rumours that he would go back to ROH once his contract runs out. So he could wrestle, WWE just won't let him
Which, for WWE, is probably the right thing to do.

You have to remember that some 50+ former wrestlers and managers are part of a class action lawsuit in which they say WWE withheld information from them in regards to head and neck trauma. Bryan has a very well documented history of both head and neck issues and WWE letting him wrestle could be viewed as negligent on their part, especially if Bryan suffered another neck injury or concussion during the match. Bryan himself said that he suffered 3 concussions within the first 6 months or so of his career, so there's no telling how many he's probably had that've gone undiagnosed. Even if they had Bryan sign any and all sorts of legal releases, they risk a Daniel Bryan return to the ring turning into a public relations nightmare and potentially lending some sort of credibility to the lawsuit.

If Bryan went to ROH or New Japan and got hurt, it'd be a tragedy. If Bryan stayed in WWE and got hurt, it'd be a tragedy that'd have people from all walks of life wanting to crucify WWE.

As for Cena vs. Shane, I'd like that even less than seeing him shoehorned into the Styles vs. Nakamura match. If those were the only two choices, I'd just as soon as not even have Cena wrestle at all. If nothing else, have him challenge Bobby Roode for the US Championship.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:14 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If they weren't going for Cena vs Undertaker, they wouldn't have Cena mention this on RAW during Wrestlemania season. Cena definitely didn't shoot on Monday.

As everyone else said, and I also hope for.. Cena is going to challenge Nakamura. Now why would Nakamura accept? Noone knows! But he will. And he will beat Cena.

(SOMETHING I WAS CALLING FOR SINCE THE RUMBLE)

Cena will fail again. Hopefully. And then he will get his Wrestlemania match. Which raises the question.. Cena will have to win at Wrestlemania after failing so much, right?

PS: if Cena ends up being Shane's partner, I'd be let down. Can we please scrap the Owens/Zayn/Shane programm??

Last edited by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. : 02-27-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:39 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's a swerve.

He is still facing Taker.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Nah, they probably just try to use Cena at Fastlane. Nakamura doesnt have a match, get Cena vs Nakamura and wait until Taker interfere to set up Taker vs Cena at Mania. Too much mysticism from both of them for not using that as storyline.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:30 AM

c0creat0r is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff View Post
The thing is, all the reports are that Bryan is fit and could wrestle tomorrow, but WWE won't clear him. There were all the rumours that he would go back to ROH once his contract runs out. So he could wrestle, WWE just won't let him
Lol... Yep they are holding him down because they are the evil empire and hate the little guy. They are purposely not using a guy that could make them a lot of money and ratings because they are jealous they didn't make him "the guy", the fans did. You're so paranoid.

Maybe, just maybe... The public traded company realizes they are in a no-win situation. If they hold him out, they are the evil empire, refusing to allow DB his glory and denying the fans their hero. Let's say they clear him and allow him to wrestle... Heaven forbid he gets ANY kind of injury upon returning... Do you have ANY IDEA how quick the "how could you let him wrestle in his condition" accusations would come flying out? How many people would vilify the WWE for "just trying to make a buck" off a guy who should not have been wrestling after his neck injury. Think about it.

I just hope DB doesn't get injured again in ROH or wherever, but I think WWE is just playing it safe and looking out for their best interests and the best health interests of DB. If they honestly didn't fear the blow back of a possible followup injury, there is no chance they wouldn't throw him back in the ring and milk his popularity for every dollar they could.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:31 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKewl View Post
It's a shame they killed Jinder Mahal's momentum after he dropped the title.
my guess is that Jinder Mahal's wrestlemania plans are to go after (and maybe even win) the United States Championship at Wrestlemania....maybe in a triple threat where he pins Orton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Nah, they probably just try to use Cena at Fastlane. Nakamura doesnt have a match, get Cena vs Nakamura and wait until Taker interfere to set up Taker vs Cena at Mania. Too much mysticism from both of them for not using that as storyline.
if they do this Nakamura vs. Cena match (that i fear will happen) WWE better not have Undertaker interfere or have Cena beat Nakamura. have Nakamura win clean, Nakamura shouldnt win that way and should win clean to give him momentum...as for Cena, if he does fight and lose to Nakamura, then they should have him (with no alternative) challenge Undertaker.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think you save Nakamura & Cena by having Taker come in and takeout both of them. Match ends in a no-contest and both guys save face.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

It needs to be Cena vs Undertaker, it's THE match for them. They can go the route of Shane vs Cena but story wise it's not right as Bryan and Shane vs Owens and Zayn is built up for months. They can possibly have Cena enter the WWE title match making it a six pac challenge or face Nakamura, where if he wins he wins he gets added to the title match. Then you can either have Taker cost him either match, or have him added to Styles vs Nakamura (which will actually give credibillity to this match for non IWC fans like myself...). If neither of these options is happening and they do continue the Shane and Bryan vs Owens and Zayn story, then I would like to see Cena in a journey to the title that twice before made him a star - the US Title with a feud against Bobby Roode (that's if Orton is not wrestling at WM like the rumors suggest). Cena can say that in 2004 the US Title gave him the path to greatness, and in 2015 it gave him the path to earn the respect of the fans finally after so much time, and now in 2018 it will give him not only the path to WM but the path to one last time cement his legacy.

So to sum things up - if Cena does go to SmackDown Live then my rank for his options are:
1. Cena vs Undertaker
2. Cena vs Styles vs Nakamura
3. Cena vs Shane
4. Cena vs Roode
NJPW - Hate 3: Goto, Ishii and Sanada
Old 02-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Cena vs Taker should have happened years ago, after the Triple H matches, but it didn’t. It’s impossible to say if the match will happen. They may have been planting the seeds, they may have also just been addressing the internet rumours. Whatever happens, things are moving to Smackdown.

Shane McMahon needs a WrestleMania match. Take that however you will, he’s going to be on the card regardless how you feel about him. The Shane and Bryan angle needs some kind of payoff or resolution, and John Cena has the family connection to Daniel. If Shane and Daniel completely implode, Cena could easily represent his brother in law from a logical standpoint.

It seems unlikely though that Cena and Bryan or Shane McMahon are going to turn heel. What seems likely though is Shane and Cena teaming up to take on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, to resolve that angle finally. Yes, it means John Cena is in his second consecutive WrestleMania tag team match, where he and another part timer are most likely going over two full time talents. The heroes ought to prevail here, right?

It certainly seems like logical booking, but it does raise a lot of questions and pose a lot of challenges. It also isn’t as money of a match as Undertaker. There’s reason to believe Taker could wrestle once more. He’s been spotted working out, he looked good on Raw 25, where he gave a particularly vague promo. At no point has Undertaker proclaimed his retirement. They barely mention his loss to Roman, and when they did he was the guy who “might” have retired The Undertaker.

Taker’s Mania 33 loss was just so good though. Leaving behind his gear and breaking kayfabe, going out on his back, and putting over a proven young talent – even if that talent was IWC whipping boy, Roman Reigns – it was all as close to perfect as you could get without The Streak intact.

I don’t think if tarnishes that moment if Taker wrestles one last match, but then that last match is with another part timer and most likely Undertaker goes out on top. That will be the moment in hype packages forever. That will be the moment remembered, whereas WrestleMania 33 will always be glossed over. What was the point of Roman going over last year? He’d look just as strong now going into this match with Brock with or without it given they never mention it.

Maybe it’s better to remember a dominant Undertaker than a vulnerable one? Maybe his last moment as an active wrestler should be John Cena RIP. It’s the money match for both men. Does it go on last? It is the Undertaker after all.

I’m not convinced that it is going down or that it should go down, but Cena vs Taker is the draw while Cena vs Shane or Cena and Shane vs the evil best friends are consolation prizes.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:23 PM

King Michéal is looking to come up from OCW...

How about the following scenario

Cena appears on Smackdown to answer the US Open challenge tonight, Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton get involved causing the DQ, Daniel Bryan makes the match for fastlane Cena vs Orton vs Mahal vs Roode for the US title.

At fastlane cena gets pinned by Bobby Roode. As the man that got pinned, he is left out of the US title picture at wrestlemania, therefore the only way to compete at wrestlemania is to enter the andre the giant battle royale

at wm the last 2 left in the battle royale are Dolph Ziggler and John Cena, the 2 men stare each other down, shake hands and leave the ring

Monday Night Raw after WM opens with Roman Reigns victory celebration, as Roman is about to speak he gets jumped by the team of Ziggler and Cena, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder join the attack. Cena takes the mic, says for 15 years hes been the man, hes been used to getting things his own way, but the landscape is changing and the last few months have shown he needs friends to have his back, so he looked around for other guys that havent received the opportunities theyve been due, havent received the respect that they should have, and theyre going to ensure that they arent disrespected again.
The new group jump between shows, attacking champions and and carving out opportunities for themselves

Forever in MY shadow