WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-26-2018, 08:56 PM

CMZombie is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Who ends Asuka's streak?

Nia is probably the odds on favorite here to do it,
then it seems to fall to the next level of Alexa/Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley/
Perhaps in an all-Japan feud with Kairi Sane
I don't think ronda is ready for that kind of big moment..

personally I think if the WWE really wanted to swerve peopleand set up a huge feud ( and eventual loss) with a big wrestlemania moment you have whichever match Asuka is in interrupted in her title match by the return of..
Kharma
(I accept I am a bit of a rookie in the wrestling world, so I have no idea how feasible this idea could be or even what Kia Stevens is up to at the moment, I just her addition to the roster now in a post revolution world could lead to some brilliant matches..
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Whoever beats Asuka will probably be THE girl in the Women's Division. It will not be Rousey. It will probably be someone we do not see in WWE yet. But, Asuka is 37. Age will eventually catch up with her. Soooo, it will probably be someone they are going to build the WOmen's Division around long term. Rousey is not it.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:13 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it will be Ronda Rousey.

I get the impression that whomever does it will get major heat from her fanbase, and the credentials of the Diva who does will have the spotlight put on her like never before.

Someone like Charlotte could do it, with her pedigree, she probably wouldn't be hated on like some of the other Divas. But Charlotte was the biggest thing in the Divas Division two years ago, but not at the moment, where she is in a lot of 5-Way and multi-Diva matches. She would need to be presented as "The Queen" once again to be ready to be accepted in beating Asuka's streak.

However, I think if Rousey does it, then it is more believable, because the haters can't question her credentials so much, since she is a former UFC fighter and one of the biggest female sportspeople on the planet. Rousey being the one to beat Asuka "fits" better than any other option.

How I would do it is this. Move Asuka to SD Live! in the next draft, and have her fight their talent. Have Rousey be the top Diva on RAW, and Asuka be the top Diva on SD Live! Build both of them up as unstoppable monsters for the next year, and then, at WM35, book Rousey vs Asuka for the title, and the streak (I would give Rousey a streak as well), and have Rousey beat Asuka at WM35. I think that this will be the way that brings least angst to Asuka's fanbase, if a legit fighter beats her.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:21 PM

itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...

If Asuka jumps to Smackdown once her little feud with Nia ends and beats Charlotte i could see them giving her a decent little run with the blue brand women's belt but as far as your question i think if they book her right it could end up being Kairi Sane when she makes the jump up. They have a history and it would give her a boost especially if Asuka is in the heel role. Asuka is the type that could go either way. Shes a decent tweener. You seen her go heelish in NXT at times. Now she's face but i think she would naturally work better as a cocky heel. When they call up Sane if she isn't with Asuka then a feud with her might be in the cards.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:06 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

my guess on this is that she wins the Women's title at WM (dont know which champion she beats though) and i predict she'll hold onto the belt for a year, then finally lose at NEXT year's Wrestlemania to a woman that they built up to finally beat her....maybe Charlotte loses at this year's wrestlemania only to beat her at the one a year later?? maybe they re-build Bayley, maybe Sasha....i dont know right now and honestly, i dont think WWE knows yet.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:38 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

Given Ronda's promo at EC saying she wants to earn her position, they could go with an old school booking for her.

She goes through everyone on the roster from bottom to top, potentially undefeated as is Asuka up until WM next year. Undefeated vs undefeated is an easy story to sell
Old 02-27-2018, 05:38 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't see Asuka's feud ending anytime soon. Whether it's for the SmackDown or Raw Women's Championship, I believe she'll win the title, have a long and strong run as champion before someone ultimately manages to end her streak.

A lot could depend on what the roster looks like wherever Asuka winds up. If she stays on Raw and challenges for the Raw Women's Championship, she has better competition overall. If she challenges and beats Alexa, then their program will continue for a little while, then you've got Sasha Banks, Bayley and Nia Jax waiting in the wings. Plus, she's got Absolution to potentially challenge, Mickie James could work and if the plan is to ultimately have her lose to Ronda Rousey, then there's plenty to do in between for both women. Asuka can have a great run as champion while Rousey has feuds that ultimately see her doing well and increasing her own credibility.

If she goes to SmackDown, Charlotte is really the only one with the creds to hang with her but, again, I don't see Asuka losing at WrestleMania. After Charlotte, really the only one that's really even close is Becky Lynch as the rest of the women's roster is made up of Naomi, Lana, Tamina, who's out injured and nobody'd care anyway, Carmella and the Riott Squad. Speaking of Carmella, I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE went the route of having Asuka beat Charlotte at WrestleMania only for Carmella to cash in her MITB contract and be the one to end Asuka's streak. I could easily see them going for the shock value of Carmella, one of the least likely to end Asuka's streak, not only end the streak but capturing the SmackDown Women's Championship in the process. If that goes down, the internet will blow up from people wanting to crucify WWE.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 02-27-2018, 09:13 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This streak is so overblown. She isn't this seemingly unbeatable force whose first eventual defeat will shatter the Earth. She is a great performer who has been handed a "long" undefeated streak. I say "long" because most of it was from NXT, which most people don't watch. She is not a household name, she is not the greatest wrestler most people have seen. She isn't even Goldberg and how did breaking that streak work out for that person? (Before you say how lame that was handled and how awful WCW was at the time, consider how WWE has recently ruined several women's momentums--it's not as bad a comparison as it seems at first glance).

Asuka being undefeated is like Mysterio or Bryan striving for the World title. It's maybe fun while it lasts, but as soon as it's over, it's over. To act like the person who ends this streak is going to be seen as this big force to be reckoned with is laughable.

You're the same people who argued and argued about whether or not Taker's streak should end. If so, who should end it? "It should be a young star who could use the rub...blah blah blah" The best part about Taker's streak ending was the end of those arguments. Asuka is nowhere near that level.

If there is an interesting storyline, where ending her streak is part of it, sure that could be interesting. But to give her streak this life of itself that simply isn't there...hey, clearly I don't care about the streak of hers. But, for those of you that do, be prepared for disappointment. You've seen this before and still you get your hopes up for something that, in reality, isn't as big as the WWE is trying to make it. You seem to just be falling for it. I think getting that first loss out of the way will do wonders for the people obsessed with this streak. You'll be able to (not that most of you will) enjoy her for the performer she is and not sweat this nonsense about her being undefeated. Soon, she'll be thrown into the pile with all of the other women not named Rousey and be in 5-way and 6-way matches with no creativity and sloppy booking.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Eva Marie. She already eliminated her from a Battle Royal, she'll finish the job at WM next year.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:00 PM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I remember mentioning that it should be Bayley who would do the job, I still feel like she deserves it even now. But assuming that Asuka ends up jumping to SD and fights Charlotte instead, I feel that Carmella should scumbag her way in to end the streak.

Not only would Carmella be the biggest heel in the women's locker room, Asuka I feel would get over more as a babyface because if there's nothing fans like more: It's a face whose out for revenge.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling