WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...
Default All PPVs back to dual branded: Good or Bad?

I personally think this doesn't make much sense. I get creating a more stacked card with biggest names from both, but if they would just book matches and write storylines better then the single brand PPVs would be fine. This will definitely hurt the mid card guys/girls because there won't be enough to get them on the show or they will just throw them in some meaningless 3 on 3 tag match or fatal 3-4-5 way with hardly any build to get them on the show. Just make the shows better!!

Here's some building block WWE:

Step 1: Turn Money in the Bank PPV to King of the Ring PPV. That can actually be dual branded and winner would get title shot. Weeks before that PPV card you can have matches to determine who gets tournament spots from Raw and SD. MOB match goes back to Mania, that way you can have an exciting way to use some of your mid card guys in a match that can benefit them. As a matter of fact, they should change all gimmick styled PPVs like Extreme Rules, HIAC, TLC. Bring back Halloween Havoc, Great American Bash, Judgement Day, Starrcade, etc.

Step2: Build meaningful feuds and storylines on your branded PPVs that fans care about. That means you'll actually have to have the writers put out quality segments for Raw and SD

Step3: Make the PPVs unique like you used to with set design and pyro. Every PPV that's not Mania looks like a Raw or SD but with a changed screen graphic.

I'm sorry but adding another hour to a PPV is not the answer because it is just too long for most to care about. The PPVs should be no more than 3 hours. Dual Branded should feature the best wrestlers while your branded PPVs can highlight guys/girls not able to make it to dual branded PPVs
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I do not think the PPV's should be dual-branded. The fact that only the Big 4 and Money In The Bank (as of this year's coming event) were dual-branded makes those dual-branded events that much more special and a bigger deal. It also allows more opportunities for wrestlers to get time on PPV that would never get a shot of any kind if all the shows were dual-branded. It would just be the same group of guys every month in different matches and that would get old. I would rather see a larger variety of match-ups on the smaller shows. Having months in between the Big 5 of only Raw or only Smackdown keeps things more interesting. Bringing back King Of The Ring and unique set designs would help, but I doubt that it would stop people from getting bored if there is little to no variety when it comes to the matches themselves. I think they should keep the PPV structure as it was, only eliminating useless shows like Battleground and bringing back Night Of Champions as the 6th dual-branded event. Keep the rest Raw exclusive or Smackdown exclusive. Just my two cents.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Lacks individuality, and I rather hate seeing this happen with the B PPVs. It's bad enough that we're not getting fun venues with fun graphics and fun entrance ramps anymore. Now we're back to seeing the decline of whatever identity Smackdown was building as it runs parallel with Raw. Not a fan of dual branded events, especially when there's no reason for them to co-exist unless it's like Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania.

We're already exhausted by the time the third hour rolls around. I don't see this is as anything other than a reason to plug more ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 02-17-2018, 02:12 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Sucks. You look at some of the best matches from the past year and it is easy to believe that they were given the opportunity, time, and attention because those cards were not so top heavy.

But as much as it sucks for me I can only imagine how bad it sucks for the mid card and lower card talents who will be getting the "Nothing for you at this time" message more often.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:03 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

WWE's roster is so bloated that all this really does is eliminate opportunities for the lower and mid-card guys even more than before. Now following WrestleMania, most shows will almost exclusively be made up of title matches since there'll bet 2 main event title matches, 2 mid-card title matches, 2 women's title matches and 2 different tag title matches. Also, this will probably mean the Cruiserweight Championship will be almost exclusively relegated to the kickoff show and, every so often, so will some of the other title matches.

If they're going back to dual ppvs, then they should just scrap the brand split altogether and be done with it. If they want to, they can still keep wrestlers exclusive to one show and switch things up now and again via the Superstar Shakeup or whatever. They could keep the WWE Championship, Women's Championship and the United States Championship on Raw while moving the Intercontinental Championship, Cruiserweight Championship and Tag Team Championship to SmackDown. I'm sure some will say that it makes SmackDown look like the "inferior brand" without having access to the WWE Championship but let's not kid ourselves, company officials have made it abundantly clear that Raw is the top priority and always has been. It's not like they'd be changing anything that hasn't already long since been there.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I prefer having one dual branded pay per view each month, but keep the brands and rosters separate. If I go a step further, I’d like to see every pay per view using the Night Of Champions format. Each pay per view should have 9 Championship Title matches. This will drive ticket sales up, for the simple fact that every time you go to a pay per view, you know you’re going to see 9 Championship Title matches. So if you’re a Champion or a challenger, then you’re on the Sunday show. If not, then you’re not. They can solve personal feuds on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:59 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Good thing for me. At least now we can go back to having stacked PPV cards instead of one or two intriguing matches and five that I couldn't give less of a shit about. Maybe this sucks for lower-card wrestlers, but I don't want to watch lower-card wrestlers on a PPV anyway.

They're also discussing extending the shows to 4 hours which could eliminate the problem of shorter match-times, left-out talent, etc. This doesn't necessarily bug me as I'm currently working nights and don't have to worry about getting up in the morning but I can see why it might be offsetting to some. Still, from a fans perspective, I'd rather watch one very good PPV a month than 2 lackluster ones.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:32 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

While I get why they are going back to dual brand ppv, I feel it's a bad idea if they want to keep the brand split alive. With brand specific ppv, you could get more wrestlers a chance to get exposure on ppv. Now, you will get the same guys wrestling on each ppv and nobody that's not part of the upper mid card will either be relicated to the kickoff you won't be feature on ppv at all. The cruiserweight will get buried since they won't have any place for them on the shows, same goes for the women's since if you're not part of the upper card of the division, they might not get the same opportunities they had last year.

Also the other problem you will have with having all dual brand ppv is that none of them will look special and interest will fade like they did before.

In the end, this will have a negative effect in every aspect of wwe and I don't see any positive in doing only dual brand ppv,
Old 02-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I had a feeling this was going to happen, but at least they are doing one ppv a month which is a good thing. Watch by wrestlemania 35 they end the brand split and the main event of that show will be wwe champion vs universal champion to unify the belts.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...

If they're doing this, I hope the next step is some major roster housecleaning, most likely after WrestleMania. Aiden English, Alicia Fox, Big Cass, Big Show ("wrestling" contract is up soon, I believe), Bo Dallas, Carmella, Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Dana Brooke, Epico Colon, Goldust, Heath Slater, Konnor, Mark Henry (same as Big Show), Mike Kanellis, Rob Gronkowski's friend (no point in calling him Mojo Rawley), Primo Colon, Rhyno, Sin Cara, Tamina, Titus O' Neil, Tye Dillinger, Viktor, and Zack Ryder could (all) easily be replaced by someone from NXT. Otherwise, the only value these performers will have will be to perform at house shows, and to be in the "We need to fill the ring with bodies" battle royal at WrestleMania. I wonder if PPV's will be made longer, so everyone "feud" can play out. If not, maybe Raw/Smackdown will have more "value" to their matches. I'm cautiously optimistic, but knowing WWE (un)Creative, I won't hold my breath.