Post Wrestlemania shake up/draft
With WrestleMania on the horizon and all these little talks about where certain wrestler need to be after The Show, i think it's perfect time to summ it all up in 1 thread.
So, without further a due, i present to you 2018 Shake Up as i want to see it:
- Randy Orton have become boring on SmackDown, so maybe this Shake Up can Tune Up his systems with the new feuds and opponents.
- Corbin - RAW have more larger guys, maybe he can finally find a few good opponents for himself
- Shelton - goes to RAW to form a team...with Goldust. Tag division is luckluster on both shows and need some vets in it.
- New Day - did everything they could on SmackDown, so it's time to go back to RAW and new enemies...
- Undisputed Era - speaking of enemies and 3 on 3 rivalries, Undisputed Era is here to make RAW fresh and give IC and Tag Titleholders a run for their money
- Drew - maybe the first Corbin opponent on RAW? Why not. Either way Drew deserve to be on the main roster.
- Ember Moon - Asuka need a couple of new strong opponents, one being Ronda Rousey, the second - Ember Moon, her NXT rival
- Alister Black - SD need new big names, and Alister is ready to go on his own on the main shows.
- Jeff Hardy - as i told above, there need to be some vets, and Jeff Hardy is one of them, he is perfect to be another "new" SD maineventer (while Bray and Matt feuds on RAW and them form a team)
- Seth Rollins - as many people said, Seth got lost on RAW, so here is his new chance to shine again as a single star (or maybe as a leader of WWE's Bullet Club, who knows)
- Bullet Club - they lost so many matches on RAW, that i'am afraid the crowd will not take them seriously for long. Tag Division get Gallows & Anderson, USA - Balor and World - Rollins
- The Miz - it's hard to argue that 1 year ago The Miz (with Styles) was The Star of Smackdown brand, so while people still remember it, why not give the guy some deserved spotlight again
- Akim/Rezar - SD tag division as well need some new teams added and this is one of them, they did everything in NXT, it's time to jump to the main roster
- Pete Dunne - who said SD need some great performers? Well, here is one, have some charisma as well, and since SD have enough international stars, maybe they can utilize his championship too.
- Jason Jordan - be fair here, Jordan failed as a single run on RAW, so maybe reforming his old team and feud with Akam and Rezar will turn some fans back to him, while also giving USOs someone to feud with for their gold
- Elias - it's time to walk with Elias, sadly RAW really have no one for him "to walk with", while SD have plenty guys of his structure and possible feuds
- Sasha and Kairi - with RAW getting Ronda and Ember it's only apropriate for SD to get 2 of the best performers for their Women division.
With 205 finally getting somewhere under HHH, they need some stars as well.
- Andrade Almas - he is a new champ and star of NXT, while having a weight and size of cruiserweight, he will most likely get lost on the main roster (maybe SD have something to offer to him, but there already enough guys of his size), so why not use him to bring more eyes to the 205 show, i'am sure HHH knows what to do with the guy
- Eric Young - remember the X-division? When it was a gem and face of TNA? Maybe Eric can give 205 some of this, while on RAW and SD he ill most likely be just another jobber, thanks to his past gimmicks and size.
- Tye Dillinger - Vince had nothing for him the whole year, while HHH can use him as a top dog here. Maybe being a big fish in a small pond is better sometimes.
- Colons - cruiserweight jobber tag team from SD can egnite a born of Cruiserweight tag division on 205, bringing the show on the new level.
HHH said superstars will move on to NXT if needed, so why not put some vets in here, giving them second chance as well.
- Dolph Ziggler - have nothing to do for like a year, while NXT (losing Andrade Almas, Drew McIntyre and Adam Cole) need big names to recover, he can become a constant main event guy here, easily, and this crowd will love to have him.
- Rhyno - face it, he move nowhere on the main roster and only do jobs, while in NXT he can still be appreciated by the fans as ECW Legend and vet he is, and have a new single feuds.
- Ryder and Slater - with some teams gone from NXT, and these 2 having pointless feuds on the main show, NXT can capitalize on both of them and give them some spotlight as a team. I think they will look organic together.
So, here it is - my Shake Up. What's yours? What you want to see after WM is over, and who need to go to other brands in your opinions.
I'am your friend!
Last edited by sMark : 02-11-2018 at 03:20 PM.
I don't really know about major changes, nor do I watch NXT, so I'll make some small changes.
Dolph Ziggler to NXT
Ziggler will never ever get a push on the main roster and his presence there isn't really helping anybody nor is he somebody that draws anything. So why not put him in NXT? Give him a smaller spotlight but a chance to reinvent himself by putting on stellar matches.
The RAW main event scene should consist of:
Dean Ambrose (heel)
Randy Orton (tweener)
Braun Strowman (face)
The Demon King
Sami Zayn (heel)
Samoa Joe (heel)
The Smackdown main event scene:
The rest are midcarders that I don't really care nor do I think really matters where they'll end up. These are the main guys.
Tag Team scene
RAW becomes more competitive while Smackdown becomes the one-team show, trying to elevate everyone else around.
American Alpha 2.0
Harper & Rowan
Slater & Rhyno
Plus a NXT call-up team
I'm not gonna use brands for this one. I'll call each brand "Asuka's and Charlotte's" and proceed like that.
Absolution (waiting for Paige)
Ronda gets on whichever list ends up on RAW and you either get Asuka vs Ronda or Charlotte vs Ronda down the line.
Now WHY do they HAVE TO HAVE A SHAKEUP every year? can't we just leave the damn rosters alone and work them like they are actually contracted to that show and only move from One to Another show when the "Contract" to that show is up.
So her what i want to see happened for the next superstar shakeup.
Dolph Ziggler: From what i've read, he resign a new 2 years contract where he's pretty much going to be in the R-truth position but making way more money doing it and he can do outside project on his down time. So why not use him to put over the guys you want to be the next big star on Raw.
Mojo Rawley: He's not doing anything and he's a pretty good mid card heel, maybe having him on Raw would help him get some exposure.
Rusev Day: Both guy are over and aren't getting any exposure on smackdown
Tye dillinger: mostly to send him to 205 Live since the cruiserweight are still attach to raw in some way.
The Riott Squad: with absolution probably not going to stay together because of Paige injury, why not just bring all three in and use them to kill off absolution.
called up From NXT: Authors of Pain, Shayna Bazzler, Roderick Strong & Johnny gargano
Bayley & Sasha Banks: Let just finally have all four horsewomen's on the same brand and the smackdown women's division will benifit from having these 2 on the roster.
Jeff Hardy: I do thing, they're still a main event single run with Jeff but you need to separate him From Matt and whatever ever he's doing with the Woken Character. So why not just switch him to smackdown and see if he can still go as a single.
The Bar: let's face it, they face pretty much everybody on Raw and they need a reboot at this point. Have them drop the title to another Raw team and switch them show after.
Elias: With Aiden english gone, you will need somebody that can take his place so why not just switch him
Big Cass: No reason really, i just feel why not, he's could be the next big thing and Smackdown being a smaller show might help him climb the ladder quicker.
Called up from NXT: Undisputed era, aleister black, the iconic duo, Drew Mcintyre, no way jose, Andrade ''Cien'' Almas.
Sent Back Down to NXT
The Ascension: Let's face it, their called up was a total disaster and are now reduced to be sidekicks to Breezango. Why not send them back down and use them to help other teams get over.
Zack Ryder: Same as the Ascension, He done pretty much everything he can with on the main roster, send him back and have him be kind like what Kassius Ohno is right now in NXT, a Veteran that can give the rub to the younger talent.
Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 02-11-2018 at 04:59 PM.
If as expected, somebody big goes like Ziggler, then moving Drew McIntyre to Smackdown is smart. They currently don't really have anyone like him and while the roster may be crowded with "upper midcarders", Drew getting a title match on the UK tour against Nakamura, AJ or the like makes a lot of sense but they can start him by feuding with Jinder.
Some guys simply need to stay in NXT so as not to derail it, they did that last time with too many call ups. Drew works as he is away, but guys like the Era, Ciampa and Black need to stay put for now. At the outside, Almas could move up, but I've a feeling they will move Ricochet straight into 205 instead.
Same for the women... moving any up other than Cross is a mistake right now as the focus is on Charlotte, Asuka and of course Ronda. Ember or Sane would be lost where as Cross isn't getting that push anyway. Those two can wait another year.
So the call ups are handled, So who do you "move around"?
First off I would do this as strict trades... not a draft, not a "shakeup" actually have the negotiations be part of the angle with Bryan, Shane, Steph and Angle, Drake Maverick AND William Regal all having to properly interact over it onscreen over several weeks.
For example, SD want Drew, that means they need to appease Regal and the do this by trading Dolph to NXT. Ricochet is the hot pick people want, but Drake trades Gallagher, Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate to RAW for the pick. Regal wants to get some "name" talent back to NXT so sends SaNity the other way to get it. Kurt wants to get The Uso's over to RAW so sends The Revival AND Goldust & Mandy Rose etc...
I think the following people would benefit if they got these moves:-
Goldust and Mandy - Smackdown - One last run for Goldust in his classic iteration, with Mandy in the Marlena role. Give him a title match against Nakamura or AJ... even if he comes up short, it'll be a fitting last hurrah.
Dolph to NXT - A lot have said this, but I'm looking at it a different way. Ziggler is clearly at the point of either leaving for the indy's or wanting to do other things. Going to NXT for a year would allow that. He can have the shorter schedule and also wrestle the indies or get his stand up thing going. It'll also give the guy a chance to work with some talents he can shine with like Undisputed Era, Gargano, Ciampa and Alister Black...perhaps also go to NJPW as a WWE sanctioned "invader" if the talent trades can come off.
Pete Dunne and Jack Gallagher - Smackdown Team them up and have them replace Breezango who have definitely run their course. If Absolution is going by the wayside, it's a good way to get Paige back as a manager for them based on the British connection... Dunne can feud with the US champ while holding the UK belt... would be an interesting wrinkle.
Kevin Owens - RAW - I have a feeling that Zayn is going to upset AJ for the title, setting up a 3 way for Mania. Owens is pissed as he is the "odd one out" and wrestles Shane again in a loser leaves SD match... after a loss, it makes sense for Owens to return to RAW. There's actually scope for a feud with Reigns, Balor and Broken Matt for him there... let's face it, he's not getting a title again anytime soon, much less on SD as Zayn and Shinsuke are ahead of him in the pecking order now.
Chris Jericho - RAW - The move to Smackdown was pretty underwhelming as he was there for what seemed like a cup of coffee. If he is going to be in WWE, then he needs to be where The Miz is, starting the build to that match for which guy is the first 10 time IC champ and his retirement.
Ronda - Smackdown - As tempting as it is to put her on RAW, Smackdown is a more logical home for Ronda once her initial match is out the way. She can work with Natalya, Becky and Naomi, all of whom will help teach her as she goes before facing Charlotte and setting up that Ronda v Asuka title v title match we all want to see headline Mania 35.
Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 02-11-2018 at 05:25 PM.
- Undisputed Era. Cole can feud with Reigns, while Fish/Reilly vs Usos
- Usos, they have done everything on SD.
- Becky Lynch. Heel Sasha vs Face Becky should be the women feud on SD
- Baron Corbin, Strowman vs Corbin would be a good feud for him.
- Andrade Cien Almas (205 live) He is one of the best performers atm, let him shine on 205 live.
- Seth Rollins, he needs to get back into the Main event, and i cant see him doing it on RAW.
- Finn Balor,Anderson and Gallows, so they can have a program with Styles
- Hardy Boyz.
- Authors Of Pain
- Alestier Black
- Curt Hawkins
For me I think after Styles loses at mania to Nakamura (as reported) he should move to Raw to take on (or even tag with as a power trip) Reigns. Rollins needs to move over to Smackdown! Live and maybe a few others. Paul Heyman should move over to Smackdown after the beast brock lesnar loses to Roman, and then start managing Rusev Day.
Here would be my Shakeup and I would do it the Raw right after Mania. This allows storylines to finish at the big event.
1) AJ Styles (he's dominated Smackdown it's time for the top star to go to Raw)
* Put the belt on Nakamura at Mania allowing the transition.
2) Baron Corbin (he's lost on Smackdown right now, move him to Raw and put him in a tag team with a returning Big Cass).
3) The Uso's (they need fresh competition)
4) Becky Lynch (she needs a fresh start to)
5) The Authors of Pain (added tag team depth)
6) Ember Moon (could resume feud with Asuka)
7) Owens & Zayn (the Shane vs. K.O./Zayn thing needs to end)
1) Seth Rollins
2) The Hardy Boyz
3) Finn Balor & The Club
4) The Undisputed Era
5) Sasha Banks
6) Alestier Black
7) Samoa Joe
Smackdown can transition with the loss of Styles by having Rollins, Balor, Nakamura, Orton, Joe, Hardy's, & Roode in the Main Event Scene. With Black & the Undisputed Era bringing some fresh heat as well. Imagine the Smackdown Summerslam Main Event of Nakamura vs. Demon Balor for the World Title!
I laughed way too hard at the prospect of ridiculously jacked up, nearly 240 pound EY, who is as big or bigger than 75% of the SmackDown roster, showing up in the 205 lb. division. That had to be intended to be purely comical, and not a serious suggestion, right?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|