WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-04-2018, 12:58 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Future Wrestlemania cities

However, as far as future WrestleMania cities then the host cities who should host future WrestleMania that definitely deserve to host it are:

- University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Arizona)
- Rogers Centre (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Las Vegas Stadium (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park (Los Angeles, California)
- Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Wembley Stadium (London, England)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...

Wembley will never hold it because I highly doubt that WWE will ever do another Big 4 PPV that won't air live in the United States.

Los Angeles Stadium would be tricky because of the same lighting issues that plagued 31, as entrances like Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor work better in Low Light.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:35 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I would love to see Toronto host another Mania, but I'm afraid that the Rogers Centre doesn't seat enough. The WWE seems to be going for bigger and better, here in Canada we just don't have the size stadiums the WWE likes. With Mania always held in late March or early April, you need an indoor stadium, especially at that time of year here.

As for the UK, unfortunately they won't get one of the big four, but I can see them getting a B PPV. It would be a start anyway.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:52 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I have seen a lot of stadia mentioned o this post. Do you know I am surprised that one stadium in Canada was not mentioned for a WrestleMania: Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

Before anyone laughs, I am being serious. Why not? It has a retractable roof. It could seat about 75'000 for Mania. It is close enough to the US media centers that you could get a huge population driving in for it. This could really work.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
I have seen a lot of stadia mentioned o this post. Do you know I am surprised that one stadium in Canada was not mentioned for a WrestleMania: Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

Before anyone laughs, I am being serious. Why not? It has a retractable roof. It could seat about 75'000 for Mania. It is close enough to the US media centers that you could get a huge population driving in for it. This could really work.
I didn't even think of that one considering the age and condition of the stadium itself. For some reason they have never been able to put a proper roof on it. I think it is on it's third or fourth, with most of them either tearing or falling into the stadium. Better off just demolishing the structure before it kills someone really.

As for location it is perfect. Close enough to Toronto, New York and Boston for fans to drive, and Montreal is a beautiful city with a good transit system. Most people in the city are bilingual especially in hotels and shopping centres so there wouldn't be a language barrier.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Wembley works if they do a dual venue... say MSG and Wembley. Make Mania 2 hours shows with a "half time" in the middle. Have the Wembley portion first and Cena or whoever open the show, get on a plane, head to MSG in time for the main event of the second.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:21 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
As for the UK, unfortunately they won't get one of the big four, but I can see them getting a B PPV. It would be a start anyway.
I don't live in the UK, so I am really asking... Would they care about a B PPV being held there? Don't get me wrong, I think most cities--whether London or Trenton--would enjoy a PPV being held there. But, for the craving the UK seems to have for Mania, would a B PPV--or honestly, even a Survivor Series or SummerSlam--really be enough for them? (I only left Rumble because it is such a unique event and a Big 4 PPV, I thought maybe that would be enough for those in the UK..for now)

It seems to me that Mania, and all that comes with it, is what the UK fans are really after. Mania has a feeling that no other event can capture and I wonder if any sort of B show would even wet their whistle.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is an increasing problem that WWE will have in the coming years... as they expand, more territories will want PPV to be hosted there, yet if WWE is reluctant to host one in the UK which is it's most allied territory, then how do they handle it when China ask for one? "No cos our American fans won't buy it or watch..."?

There is a sense that they've been waiting for that "killer" British star to headline it... Drew could now be that person in a year or two, but the reality is fans would feel cheated now by anything but a AAA type show, we'd sell out Wembley for Mania, Summeslam or The Rumble... Maybe Survivor Series or MITB at a push, but Backlash nope...

That might come across as an insult to UK fans and damage their chances here.

It comes down to perceptions, WWE wants the global reach without losing the US focus... that's not gonna fly in this next decade, as these territories can easily say "no thanks" to them.

It comes down to this, if UFC can do it in the UK, if World title Boxing can, WWE can... they choose not to.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:37 PM

Sammi is looking to come up from OCW...

WWE should really try having PPV's in England,Irland and Japan, they have enough stars from those countries.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'll be selfish and hope Wrestlemania comes to Indy sometime soon. It's roughly a two hour drive from me so I'd definitely attend the show and all it's festivities. Not to mention, it's centrally located in the United States and is within short driving distance from a handful of major US cities. They'd have no problem selling it out.

Lucas Oil Stadium has a mechanized retractable roof and sits around 70,000 people for football games. Plus, there's nearly 40,000 parking spots within walking distance of the stadium so that's gotta count for something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.