WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you want Lesnar to stay?
Yay 15 57.69%
Nay 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2018, 07:54 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I voted "nay". Was never a fan of Lesnar holding the title hostage and not defending it, it took the surprise element out of it in every defense even when he did decide to show up and fight. I know that it was a booking decision made by Vince, but it was a failure in my eyes.

This is the same Vince McMahon who said on the Austin podcast, and I paraphrase, that not many reach for the brass ring anymore. Well it's kind of ludicrous to reach for something that isn't there. It's been obvious to all fans that Lesnar is just holding the strap until he meets Reigns in New Orleans. It has been for me anyway, a total waste of a year. That would piss off many who are waiting for a title shot that they know won't come.

Ever since coming back Lesnar has been treated like a special attraction and that's okay, but don't give the special attraction the top prize in the company and have him piss off with it. If Lesnar does stay, then keep him away from the title, use him to put other wrestlers over. Even though considering no one but Goldberg and Reigns will have been able to beat him, don't know if I can suspend my belief that much. Somehow I get the feeling that Lesnar will only resign if he can stay champ and that's a lose, lose for us, again.

Just hoping the don't put the title on Rousey and let her do the same thing. Somehow though I think she will be more invested in the company and product than Lesnar ever was. It was nothing more than huge payday for him. Fine if you can get it I guess.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I voted "nay". Was never a fan of Lesnar holding the title hostage and not defending it, it took the surprise element out of it in every defense even when he did decide to show up and fight. I know that it was a booking decision made by Vince, but it was a failure in my eyes.

This is the same Vince McMahon who said on the Austin podcast, and I paraphrase, that not many reach for the brass ring anymore. Well it's kind of ludicrous to reach for something that isn't there. It's been obvious to all fans that Lesnar is just holding the strap until he meets Reigns in New Orleans. It has been for me anyway, a total waste of a year. That would piss off many who are waiting for a title shot that they know won't come.

Ever since coming back Lesnar has been treated like a special attraction and that's okay, but don't give the special attraction the top prize in the company and have him piss off with it. If Lesnar does stay, then keep him away from the title, use him to put other wrestlers over. Even though considering no one but Goldberg and Reigns will have been able to beat him, don't know if I can suspend my belief that much. Somehow I get the feeling that Lesnar will only resign if he can stay champ and that's a lose, lose for us, again.

Just hoping the don't put the title on Rousey and let her do the same thing. Somehow though I think she will be more invested in the company and product than Lesnar ever was. It was nothing more than huge payday for him. Fine if you can get it I guess.
He can stay and not be the champion though, can't he?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:10 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
He can stay and not be the champion though, can't he?
Since he beat the Undertaker, he's always held the title hasn't he. That's been the biggest complaint from fans about him being back.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'd like to see another two years out of Lesnar. I mean who didn't have goosebumps at Summerslam when Strowman went apeshit on him and thrashed him through announce tables? That's a special kind of Star attraction he brings to the product. He definitely doesn't need the Universal Championship to be a special attraction. He has Paul Heyman to hype up any PPV he's in. I'd even like to see the guy actually main event a Raw once in awhile to draw in viewers, like a special challenge match you wouldn't normally get to see and wouldn't quite be PPV worthy for the big wigs. Like Cesaro vs Brock for example. Put the guy in a fucking top star tag team match for a change, they never have big time important tag team matches anymore. The guy thrives in triple threats and fatal four ways so a big tag team contest is a no brainer.

Anyway, WWE has a lot of stars, but none are quite the same kind as Brock Lesner, it's undeniable.

Join WZCW now.

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 02-07-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:12 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I voted "Nay". Let us be very real here. All Lesnar gives a damn about is the Do-re-mi. He will do whatever to get the most bang for his buck doing as little as possible. Right now, WWE NEEDS to build stars. A bunch of them are on the wrong side of 35. Some are 40 and older (Sheamus, for example, just turned 40). Lesnar is not someone who is willing to get someone over at his own expense. They could better spend those millions they will throw at Lesnar to get three or four Indy stars who would be a much better fit for WWE long term.

Lesnar just is not worth it anymore. Just let him walk, and plan for the future.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:51 AM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

It's definitely a "No" for me. Raw has been mostly awful for the past year and a big reason for that for me has been Lesnar holding the Universal Championship hostage, rarely defending the thing. Guys like Seth or Finn who would have greatly benefited from title shots and even winning the belt at some point have been stuck all year due to the Brock VS Roman match that just HAS to happen at Wrestlemania 34. The sooner we get to that match and Vince ignores it yet again that the fans still hate Roman Reigns, the sooner we can all move on with our lives. It's not worth it. If Brock renews the contract but never holds the belt again, I'd be fine with it. I like him as a main event level monster heel. I just don't think he needs the title if he's not going to defend it as often as every other champion does. I'd rather have a full-time Universal Champion. Even if it's Roman Reigns. I would prefer if he doesn't renew the contract because, if anything, it would mean we won't be stuck with this nonsense of not having a world title on the red brand for months on end again.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:25 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Now we can discuss his lack of defending as Champion and how fans are unhappy with that as well as his "set in stone" Wrestlemania match that takes away any kind of excitement because you know who is going over and some guys who maybe could prosper with Championship push in meantime couldnt make that. But give me Lesnar as bad ass who comes every few months and fights Reigns, Braun, AJ, Nakamura and others and I could support that as really good usage of him.
Yeah, I'd say that pretty much sums up how I feel.

Lesnar as WWE Champion several years back sucked in a lot of ways because he wasn't having the sort of matches we've seen him have over the course of the last 6 months or so. As WWE Champion, he was running through guys as if they were nothing and it made for some lackluster TV as it just got old seeing him portrayed as someone that you had to be an Attitude Era guy to be able to challenge.

As Universal Champion, Lesnar's had some genuinely great matches due to the opponents he's had and the fact that the matches are competitive. It hasn't just been a couple minute trip to Suplex City each time, which was mostly what it was during his WWE Championship run. Knowing that Lesnar is almost certainly going to retain every single time, however, does sap some of the excitement from things. Also, let's face it, Lesnar can also be lazy as all get out and that can make for some lousy viewing if he's not in there with someone who can help pick up the slack.

Part of me wants him to stay because of how well, overall, he's been used over the last 6 months and part of me wants him gone because I'm tired of the preferential treatment and the stagnation of Lesnar himself. What I mean is if he renews his deal, I'm just over seeing him tear through guys and it's time to use Lesnar's name to put over someone else. That's not to say that Braun Strowman, for instance, hasn't gotten a rub from working with Lesnar, because he has, but there are younger, fresher faces on the roster than Lesnar that a lot of fans want to see elevated rather than seeing them used to elevate Lesnar. If he stays and it's generally more of the same, then I'd simply rather he be gone and maybe Vince will finally get over this near obsessive man-crush he's had on Lesnar for the last 15+ years.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria