WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you want Lesnar to stay?
Yay 15 57.69%
Nay 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Do you want to see Brock Lesnar renew his contract?

This will become a hot subject leading up to Wrestlemania 34, just like it was a hot subject during the build-up to Wrestlemania 31. Back then, Lesnar signed a 3-year deal and said that "he was born to be a sports entertainer" or something like that. If you do the math, Lesnar's contract expires the day after Wrestlemania 34.

So here's the question. Now we can't know if Lesnar will renew his contract, but as fans, do you want Lesnar to stay or leave?

My opinion is this: I think he should stay. Whether I like the work Brock is delivering in the ring, you can't argue about his drawing ability and what his name brings to the table. We also smacked the WWE for wanting to keep Lesnar as the champion for one-whole year, but the fact is, all of his opponents came out of their feuds with Lesnar looking better.

Joe looked like a million bucks. Strowman, even though he failed 3 times to win the championship, he got exposure, he became popular and Braun himself has managed to capitalize on that and keep the momentum going. Also, Brock Lesnar literally put AJ Styles over at Survivor Series, with his selling and the way the match was structured.

I believe that Brock still has more to offer, if you book his angles correctly. He can definately stick around for two more years and give us a proper angle with Kevin Owens, a match with Shinsuke Nakamura, a proper match with Seth Rollins, maybe have Braun beat him clean at one point, maybe have him exchange victories with Roman like Batista and Undertaker did in 2007. He could also have an awesome rematch with AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. Hell, they could even have him and Ronda team up at a PPV or a long shot, set up a program between him and the Authors of Pain. There are also the possibilities of Lesnar vs Batista and Lesnar vs Lashley.

So, my answer is yes, I want him to stick around for a little longer. The cool thing is that it will feel fresh and unpredictable, because all of these years, ever since WM 30, WWE has been feeding up Lesnar in order to have him lose to Roman Reigns at a Wrestlemania. So Lesnar being set free from this obligation, could give his character a new, unpredictable direction. WWE always had a long term plan for Brock Lesnar. The first plan was to somehow get him and The Undertaker in the same ring at Wrestlemania. After that was finished, the plan was to have Roman beat Lesnar at some point at Wrestlemania. So now that this will happen, they could set up a whole new plan for him.

PS: He should definately regrow that beard. It would fit nicely into his redemption angle after his possible WM 34 loss to Reigns.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:45 AM
heROCKules

the_peoples_adam is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Man Lesnar in that beard look even more badass..
Of course he should renew his contract with WWE as there is a lot more left for him to do in the squared circle..
After Roman there is a lot of fights for him to do ..
with Lashley returning Lesnar vs Lashley will is one huge fight and will draw instantly..
Then there is Batista who may return for one last run..Lesnar vs Batista is another instant sellout..
Then we have The Rock vs Lesnar..Two big names this might be the biggest draw yet..
And a returning CM Punk could fight Lesnar one more time...
And there is a lot of young talents that Lesnar can put over..So I want him to resign..But I want him to show up more frequently..
Old 02-07-2018, 12:17 PM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

Yes, I want Brock to sign another contract. The WWE is starved for genuine starpower, and Brock brings that in spades.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Writer of Smut & Wrestling
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

No

Only because he's never around. I don't care how many "dream" matches may be left for him they won't mean shit if he's never there to help move the storyline forward.

He can say he was born to be a sports entertainer all he wants but his actions tell a different story and it's a story i don't care to read anymore.

WGW:
Sunday Night Shiver (Spidey [1st show up])/Wednesday Night Fire & Blood (Me [coming soon])
Old 02-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Not of his current type, and I don't think that he will consider a less favourable one where he either isn't champion or has a full time schedule.

It really has run its course now, WWE would be far better pursuing Connor for that kind of deal than keeping Lesnar on the hook as they have been. The WWE Universal Title is a failiure in my eyes, the experiment of Brock never defending it has damaged it to the point where they MIGHT need to kickstart it with the IC champion beating him.

Not to say Brock hasn't given value all round, but as a champion it just doesn't work to pay all that money and have him dictate when there are hungry talents who will do the Cena schedule.

Put it this way, he re-signs, you will see a lot of talents leave... guys like Wyatt, Maybe even Ambrose and Owens will walk as it's clear they really don't have a proper shot.

IF he is willing to amend his deal and seriously start putting some younger talent over, then sure, keep him around... but the Beast days are over...leave or stay.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

No.
Wwe has failed to utilize Lesnar's star power, and now the hype is gone.

Lesnar doesn't even move ratings any more. Last show he was on, (not counting the Raw 25 special) did worse in terms of viewership than the previous episode. Not by a huge amount, but enough to realize that Lesnar's drawing power has long faded away.

Lesnar adds nothing to the show, and him being the main champion has hurt everyone. Guys like Balor and Rollins who are main eventers have nothing to do. While someone like the Miz, who should be moved up due to his excellent work ethics as of late, is stuck in the same position because there's no where else to go.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:41 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I like him as "special attraction". Especially with Heyman to build him up with his rants. It gives something special. For example

He automatically took something boring as Lesnar vs Mahal and made it in something you just want to see. You just wanted to see Lesnar kicking Mahal ass. I mean, sure, that is Heyman but you cant just do that with everyone. Lesnar is believable, Lesnar is the guy who takes no shit from anyone to the point of taking accidental knee and immediately almost KOs the guy. You just cant buy that kind of believability with anyone on the roster. And WWE and Vince knows that.

Now we can discuss his lack of defending as Champion and how fans are unhappy with that as well as his "set in stone" Wrestlemania match that takes away any kind of excitement because you know who is going over and some guys who maybe could prosper with Championship push in meantime couldnt make that. But give me Lesnar as bad ass who comes every few months and fights Reigns, Braun, AJ, Nakamura and others and I could support that as really good usage of him.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted yay, and upon doing so the poll for this thread stands at 8-7. If that changes while I craft this post, it shows you how divided most longtime fans are on the issue of Brock Lesnar. I agree with THTRobTaylor, Lesnar being champion and having quarterly title defenses has run it's course. I'd like him to re-sign, but stay away from carrying a championship. In my opinion, he has done damage to the universal title and Monday Night RAW as a whole by being champion so much. In 2018, when you tune into a 3-hour wrestling show knowing the main prize is not going to be seen and rarely going to be mentioned, it harms the anything can happen feel of the broadcast.

Lesnar's value in WWE exists because he puts butts in seats, his best use would be as a human cyborg (Taker without the gimmick basically) who participates in big matches. His star power is still strong whether I or anyone else likes it or not. It is my opinion that the beast's time in WWE has run it's course, but he is too old and too unpolished to get back to the top of UFC. World Wrestling Entertainment is Brock Lesnar's best option to do his favorite thing - get paid a lot of money for not doing very much.

I respect the man for his ability, but he won the genetic lottery and I find his attitude annoying. Still, I am objective enough to admit his star power is needed in WWE, but I would prefer he not be champion again on either brand when his current reign is over.

Last edited by Logisticalbooker86 : 02-07-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:02 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I hope he stays and hope he remains champion. With Owens having the belt, it felt like a second tier title. I like when Lesnar shows up on his own accord because usually that means business is about to be picked up. Too many title defenses can lead to hot shotting the title. When Lesnar shows up it feels important and I think he adds value to the Universal Title. I hope he stays as he is a big draw and I've enjoyed his dominating run.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm kind of in two minds, I would say he's not as valuable as he was from his first contract as he had so many dream matches left but he's faced almost all the main eventers now but on the other hand I do go out of my way to watch his matches which I don't say for anyone else on the current roster so overall I would hope he does stay on.