WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-02-2018, 06:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think this would be the best setup for Smackdown side of Wrestlemania Card
(Orton in a Fatal 4-way for the US Title)

1) Styles vs. Nakamura (World Title)
2) Shane/D. Bryan or Jericho vs. Owens/Zayn
3) Roode vs. Ziggler vs. Rusev vs. ORTON (US Title - Fatal 4 Way)
4) Charlotte vs. Asuka (Women's Title)
5) Uso's vs. New Day (Tag Title Ladder Match)
6) The rest of the men in the Andre Battle Royal
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Do you really want someone who basically phones it in at this point in his career in a match at Mania? He has made millions of VKM. He should have been fired numerous times on Wellness. He is so stale at this point that if he was a loaf of bread, you could dent a car with it. At this point, if Randy REALLY gives a damn about his career, which is suspect, mind you, he would let his contract run out, and then go to New Japan. Go the Indy Circuit for a bit. I would love to see Orton vs. Okada, Orton vs. Omega, Hell, I'd even would like to see Orton vs. Rhodes at WK13. Randy Orton would make more money than the Young Bucks on the Indy Circuit, and we would get all the "dream matches" we could handle. That is if he gave a damn about his career.

But, will I care if he is at Mania? I do not care if he is on Superstars at this point. I definitely DO NOT want him in Styles vs. Nakamura. That is for damn sure.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

And there, boys and girls, you can see the main problem of today's WWE - big names, who crowd doesn't care about anymore, but who "need" to get a match on the big 4. As result, these big 4 PPVs lose alot in match quality.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

After the year he's had he should probably be used to add a little star power to the battle royal. That's where he deserves to be. Most likely he'll get something with Owens and Zayn. Possibly teaming with McMahon.

Whatever it is, it'll be uninspiring.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Do you really want someone who basically phones it in at this point in his career in a match at Mania? He has made millions of VKM. He should have been fired numerous times on Wellness. He is so stale at this point that if he was a loaf of bread, you could dent a car with it. At this point, if Randy REALLY gives a damn about his career, which is suspect, mind you, he would let his contract run out, and then go to New Japan. Go the Indy Circuit for a bit. I would love to see Orton vs. Okada, Orton vs. Omega, Hell, I'd even would like to see Orton vs. Rhodes at WK13. Randy Orton would make more money than the Young Bucks on the Indy Circuit, and we would get all the "dream matches" we could handle. That is if he gave a damn about his career.

But, will I care if he is at Mania? I do not care if he is on Superstars at this point. I definitely DO NOT want him in Styles vs. Nakamura. That is for damn sure.
Randy Orton wouldn't make half the money he makes in the WWE if he went to NJPW. Plus he has a part-time schedule with the WWE, which he wouldn't have in NJPW. So, no, Randy cares about his career. You're basically asking a 38-year old veteran wrestler to leave the comfort of the WWE to go wrestle at a lesser promotion. OKAY THEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMark View Post
And there, boys and girls, you can see the main problem of today's WWE - big names, who crowd doesn't care about anymore, but who "need" to get a match on the big 4. As result, these big 4 PPVs lose alot in match quality.
Crowd doesn't care anymore? Yeah that crowd didn't care at all when he RKOed Nakamura out of nowhere. It definately wasn't the pop of the night. No, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
After the year he's had he should probably be used to add a little star power to the battle royal. That's where he deserves to be. Most likely he'll get something with Owens and Zayn. Possibly teaming with McMahon.

Whatever it is, it'll be uninspiring.
Randy Orton deserves to be on the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. What else am I going to hear? Instead of using his star power to elevate a young guy, like Zayn, no no, let's throw him on the meaningless battle royal - a 13 time world champion, 2-time Rumble winner, MITB winner, former IC champion and one of the best company men WWE has.

Whatever you three are smoking, I want it, too.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It's nice that Orton is loyal to WWE, a company that pays him very well for little in return, but he's hardly deserving of a prominent spot just because of past accomplishments. Zayn bearing Orton wouldn't mean much currently because Orton is just hanging around, coasting.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Randy Orton wouldn't make half the money he makes in the WWE if he went to NJPW. Plus he has a part-time schedule with the WWE, which he wouldn't have in NJPW. So, no, Randy cares about his career. You're basically asking a 38-year old veteran wrestler to leave the comfort of the WWE to go wrestle at a lesser promotion. OKAY THEN.
Eventually that will have to come to an end. We are not talking about Undertaker here. We are talking about someone who is where he is because of who he is friends with in the back. Not because of his popularity.

Look at what Jericho did. By wrestling Kenny Omega, he made himself MORE valuable because he brought more eyeballs not only to NJPW, but probably brought some BACK to WWE. Orton cannot, and probably will not, reinvent himself within the confines of WWE. However, if you think New Japan won't give Orton Okada-type money, you are insane. Orton is way ahead of Cody Rhodes. And, Orton could probably command $20K an appearance on the Indy Circuit. Add that to keeping all merch money, and getting accommodations and airfare paid for (Which WWE probably does), Orton could prove even MORE valuable to WWE after reinvention.

Right now, he is spinning his wheels.

Last edited by stingray11214 : 02-02-2018 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Structural.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is where he pretty much gets relegated to the Andre The Giant Battle Royale - right now there really is no standout feud for him and no way to easily shoehorn him into one.

Realistically the match options are:-

Baron Corbin - Could work with Corbin's "violent" streak lately being somewhat reminicisent of early Orton. Would damage Corbin to lose however so pointless unless Orton is losing.

Dolph Ziggler - Retirement Match/Loser Leaves WWE - I am fully on board with the idea of Orton needing to leave for a while and have said so for the last 3 years. This might be a realistic payoff to the Ziggler "walkout" and also subvert expectations. Orton losing a retirement match would be as shocking as Taker losing in some ways, especially to Ziggler.

6 Man Tag - The dreaded 6 man spot could also beckon. It could be interesting to see Orton and Mojo Rawley interact, but not as enemies... if they can get Gronk along then a 6 man involving Orton, Rawley and Gronk vs Jinder and partners could work.

Mojo - For the same reasons above but have Gronk on the side of Rawley at ringside... It'd be an interesting wrinkle as the celeb is normally with a face.

Other than that I think you're detracting from the show to use Orton in other matches... Rusev probably on balance deserves a one on one US title match at Mania again and a 4 way is just going to dilute the benefit to he and Roode. We've seen Orton v Jinder already and Owens/Zayn should really be facing off there.

The only other possibility that could work is involved with Shane and Bryan in some way - Perhaps if Orton wins, Bryan is allowed to wrestle again... but even giving Shane a match this year is going to the well too often.

The grim reality is that Orton is really "lost in the shuffle" right now along with several others... which is scary when you think both he AND Bray could struggle to get on the show when they were wrestling for the title a year ago.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 02-02-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:25 AM
Kensuke "Jinsei" Shinzaki

Hakushi is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I thought I had seen it reported that he was taking time off until after wrestlemania. Personally, i hope its true. He's never been a favorite of mine and they have more than enough talent tip fill that card without him. I'm not sure what they would do with him at this point anyhow.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:46 AM

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

At this point Orton, Big Show, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Rhyno, Heath Slater, Jason Jordan should all be in Battle Royal. They deserve a payday, but not a giant spotlight on them. WWE roster have all the talent, and this talent deserve a WM spotlight much more than the guys above.
I'll also like to see a little shakeup after WM, with Alister Black, Ember Moon, Jeff Hardy and The Miz going to SD, Baron Corbin, Mysterio and Kairy Sane going to RAW. Show , Shane and Kane retire and Orton going to NXT, Orton could be a huge asset there, reinvent himself and return in 2019 RR match, while on the main rosters he does nothing and only cost time. But this is a whole other story.