WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Randy Orton at Wrestlemania

Man, it's the same old news with Randy. They aren't really doing anything with him are they? He's been doing nothing of note ever since losing to Jnider Mahal. Then they paired him up with Shinsuke because they really have nothing better for either man, that pairing now seems to be gone.

I hate this, because I'm a huge Randy Orton fan. He was always my pick to end the Streak and I think he was the right guy to do so, all these years, but timing was never right for him.

What would you like to see Randy do at Wrestlemania?

I think he's gonna get involved with Owens and Zayn again. If they are breaking them up, then have one of them face Randy at the big event.
Owens can finally end his feud with Shane in a Street Fight or something and Sami can face Randy in an amazing match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, unless we are getting Bobby Roode vs Orton at mania. I would actually prefer Orton to take some time off. Atleast until the shake up because I can't think of any other opponents for him to face at mania beside roode.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'd rather Orton not even take up a spot at Mania to be honest. Unless they're going to give him something organic and fresh, something that he can actually sink his teeth into, he'd be better off going away until after the PPV. That probably isn't going to happen though because Orton's still one of their biggest stars and thanks to the "RKO Outta Nowhere" meme, has, at the very least, a small amount of public notoriety.

He'll likely be thrown together with a random person a month before Mania in a forced story that'll be dull as all hell. If they absolutely need him on the card, I'd prefer if they used him to put over a newer talent. As poster above mentioned, going up against Bobby Roode in a US title match could work decently well. It would also be a good opportunity to turn Roode as he's a much better heel than face.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

He was relevant at Wrestlemania 30 & 31 and had great matches in both. The last mania he had months and months build upon each other in a great story leading up to what was just a really awful pay off at Mania. Then, of course, the awful match following and then the Jinder Mahal involvement with him pretty much made everyone sour on his storylines again..

I'd be really happy to see him just have a good match honestly, but there is so much talent on the main roster that could probably use that spot it is iffy...

You could always insert him into the Nakamura and AJ match which would still be good and then push the Nakamura & AJ finale singles match and possible feud end at Summerslam in the main event. Eh.. I rather that not happen, but I'd be okay with it and understand it at the same time..

He might as well take some time off, because he's been pretty vocal about not liking it unless he is playing a heel or doing something fresh. I'd be into a Heel Orton vs Babyface Styles feud though, but by the time the Superstar Shakeup happens I don't think that'll happen. So it may be better for him to maybe take a rest with Ronda Rousey there and HHH returning, Roman and Lesnar, Strowman, Rollins, etc. There are just a lot of talented guys and girls on the roster and with the expansion of the women's division just this last month there are a lot of great talents that already need to be figured in. Guess you could just throw him in the Andre the Giant match, but even then it'd be nice for a new guy to get the PPV bonus and exposure to the largest audience they'll have all year.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika View Post
He was relevant at Wrestlemania 30 & 31 and had great matches in both. The last mania he had months and months build upon each other in a great story leading up to what was just a really awful pay off at Mania. Then, of course, the awful match following and then the Jinder Mahal involvement with him pretty much made everyone sour on his storylines again..

I'd be really happy to see him just have a good match honestly, but there is so much talent on the main roster that could probably use that spot it is iffy...

You could always insert him into the Nakamura and AJ match which would still be good and then push the Nakamura & AJ finale singles match and possible feud end at Summerslam in the main event. Eh.. I rather that not happen, but I'd be okay with it and understand it at the same time..

He might as well take some time off, because he's been pretty vocal about not liking it unless he is playing a heel or doing something fresh. I'd be into a Heel Orton vs Babyface Styles feud though, but by the time the Superstar Shakeup happens I don't think that'll happen. So it may be better for him to maybe take a rest with Ronda Rousey there and HHH returning, Roman and Lesnar, Strowman, Rollins, etc. There are just a lot of talented guys and girls on the roster and with the expansion of the women's division just this last month there are a lot of great talents that already need to be figured in. Guess you could just throw him in the Andre the Giant match, but even then it'd be nice for a new guy to get the PPV bonus and exposure to the largest audience they'll have all year.
I can't even imagine the backlash WWE would get if they were going to put anybody, even Randy Orton, into the Nakamura vs Styles match. Although putting Randy in there, would just make the match feel so much bigger.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:47 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I can't even imagine the backlash WWE would get if they were going to put anybody, even Randy Orton, into the Nakamura vs Styles match. Although putting Randy in there, would just make the match feel so much bigger.
Honestly, WWE wouldn't care unless it was Daniel Bryan+ level hate (Lol :c) and I do think the match would be great enough that people would totally stop hating it just in the build-up or at least the moment the three put on a great mania match.

It'd give them more time to work on Nakamura as a top level WWE guy and protect him promo wise due to Randy being involved. He'd also feud with AJ after in that hypothetical so he'd be in a relevant program from spring to the end of Summer. Randy would kind of elevate the match from maybe the 2nd or 3rd "Main event" on the card to being worthy of closing the show even if people dislike the idea of Orton these days. Then you know. Styles will do good no matter what.

Edit: Accidentally fantasy booked, R.i.p.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Have a Heel Neville return and beat the shit out of Randy Orton. Then beat him up again in the hospital. Neville can claim he's the REAL apex predator around WWE. Then have Neville randomly attack people while Orton is kayfabe injured, beating up no names, interfering in matches.

Then at Wrestlemania, have the very best RKO ever, Red Arrow countered into the RKO.

Join WZCW now.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 PM
#SwerveKing
Knockout Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is why you don't put the belt on a guy when he's 24.

Once you've reached main event status so early in your career it's impossible to sustain yourself at that level. In general, you become overexposed and overused. It didn't hep that for most of the years following that run he was consistently on the top of the card, taking up a lot of time on Raw every week. He had seemingly endless feuds with John Cena and Triple H, which had some good moments but are mainly remembered for length more than anything. It's a shame because when he really hit his peak in terms of in-ring work (around 2012) he was already a stale main eventer.

This problem is made worse with the absence of territories. In the past when a wrestler had burned through all of their best opponents/angles they could leave a territory and go somewhere else. There would be a completely new set of opponents and a fresh audience that hadn't seen the schtick before.

In order to achieve greater longevity Randy Orton needs to completely reinvent himself in the same way that Undertaker did when he became the American Badass, or Jericho did when he dropped the Y2J for his 2008 heel run. Orton could've done this with the whole Wyatt Family story but didn't. And instead the story ended in a fucking terrible disaster, but that's another topic.

A few ideas:

1. Randy Orton is the Intercontinental Title what John Cena is to the US Title. The IC belt was the first championship Orton held in WWE, so it would be cool for him to go after the belt again and carry it like Cena did with the US Title a few years ago. Orton's strength is his versatility as a worker. This will keep him out of the main event and allow him to work with some of the younger guys and put on solid matches. It also makes the IC Title seem more relevant.

2. Randy Orton, Future Killer. Orton's best gimmick was the Legend Killer. It would be fun to see that character flipped around now with something like the "future killer," where instead of targeting famous legends, Orton targets young, up-and-coming wrestlers. The gimmick would basically be a veteran guy that doens't want these new stars coming in and taking his spot. It makes for a great heel character and in reality could help elevate some of these younger guys with a high profile feud. This idea combined with the IC Champion idea would work really well, or you could even have him as the top heel in NXT for a bit if you wanted to keep him active but away from the main roster.

3. Random Tag Team. At some point, almost all top guys take a break from the main event scene and ge thrown into a fun tag team with someone else that is a big name needing something to do. Orton himself did this with Wyatt, but that was, you know, awful. Sometimes this really works out though, like Orton and Edge as Rated-RKO back in 06-07. Booker T/Goldust, Rock N Sock, Jeri-Show, Team Hell No were all great thrown together teams. The WWE has two tag divisions so they need teams. My go-to would've been R-KO with Kevin Owens before the Zayn thing, but now I'm not sure. Honestly, it's a crap-shoot anyways just pick a partner and see what happens. Maybe Orton and The Miz since they were both in movies. Movie star gimmick Orton might be amazing. Might be.

4. Something completely out of left field. Yeah, Undertaker liked bikes in real life and had tats. Him coming out on a Harley to shitty Kid Rock music was still fucking weird and unexpected. Maybe Randy has some other idea for a radical character change that you could go with. At this point, might as well try something.

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 02-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:54 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Man, it's the same old news with Randy. They aren't really doing anything with him are they? He's been doing nothing of note ever since losing to Jnider Mahal. Then they paired him up with Shinsuke because they really have nothing better for either man, that pairing now seems to be gone.

I hate this, because I'm a huge Randy Orton fan. He was always my pick to end the Streak and I think he was the right guy to do so, all these years, but timing was never right for him.

What would you like to see Randy do at Wrestlemania?

I think he's gonna get involved with Owens and Zayn again. If they are breaking them up, then have one of them face Randy at the big event.
Owens can finally end his feud with Shane in a Street Fight or something and Sami can face Randy in an amazing match.

One person I have not seen Randy Orton feud with yet on SD Live is Kevin Owens.

It could be billed as "KO versus RKO".

Last edited by d_henderson1810 : 02-02-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:11 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

KO/Sami is probably most likely. Whether it's in a singles match against one or the other, a handicap match or a tag with Shane.

Ziggler and Corbin are possibilities... even Roode.

And honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they threw him into AJ/Nak just because they didn't have anything else for him. Sure the backlash would be huge but they have to put him somewhere and without getting into fantasy booking territory, the list of possible opponents is VERY short.