WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillet Club View Post
The irony here is absolutely astounding.

Do you genuinely believe that? Honestly? It doesn't matter whether you're black or white, you can still stand up to and strongly dislike racism. I know it's difficult for you, but some people actually have this thing called empathy and they cannot understand why a person is treated like dirt due to the colour of their skin.

Anyway back on topic, would Hulk Hogan receive a pop? Probably, but would his appearance really add to anything? I don't honestly believe so. Besides I don't fancy seeing him trying to hit a leg drop due to the state of his body, it would be a tad uncomfortable to watch.

He's already had his Wrestlemania return, he doesn't need to do it again.
Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself. This is what balcks can have for other blacks.

What whites have is sympathy. They might feel that it is wrong, but we can't really relate to what they go through, since, according to some blacks and the PC community, white people have never had persecution. Since, apparently, I have been told that I have never been discriminated against in my life (even though every single person is discriminated against in some way at some time in their life), then I can't have empathy for something I have never experienced myself.

Also, whether Hogan is relevant to WWE or not today is a question worth asking, but if it is because he said one racist word one time (and let's face it, he didn't know any better, because he is merely a white man, and we are all racist apparently. I mean, we never hear about a black cop shooting a white criminal, or a white cop getting shot at by a black man ever on the news, so therefore it must never happen) in an illegally taped conversation should mean that there is a time for the public to move on.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM

Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself. This is what balcks can have for other blacks.

What whites have is sympathy. They might feel that it is wrong, but we can't really relate to what they go through, since, according to some blacks and the PC community, white people have never had persecution. Since, apparently, I have been told that I have never been discriminated against in my life (even though every single person is discriminated against in some way at some time in their life), then I can't have empathy for something I have never experienced myself.

Also, whether Hogan is relevant to WWE or not today is a question worth asking, but if it is because he said one racist word one time (and let's face it, he didn't know any better, because he is merely a white man, and we are all racist apparently. I mean, we never hear about a black cop shooting a white criminal, or a white cop getting shot at by a black man ever on the news, so therefore it must never happen) in an illegally taped conversation should mean that there is a time for the public to move on.
I would argue empathy can also allow you to understand the feelings of a person, by placing yourself in their position. Would I like to be discriminated against, spat at, attacked and treated like dirt? No I wouldn't. So why should I stand by and accept racism because I'm white?

But sure, play the 'actually' card to distract from your own idiotic comment.

Is Hogan relevant? He's one of the biggest names in wrestling so it's arguable that he is. Does he need to have an entire segment dedicated to him at Wrestlemania? No.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:51 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think, given that Vince just announced the XFL return, and is looking for sponsors, bringing Hulk back now would be a gamble - especially at Wrestlemania. Maybe bring him back as a host of Raw for one night first and see how he is perceived by the fans and the media.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyboyuk2 View Post
I think, given that Vince just announced the XFL return, and is looking for sponsors, bringing Hulk back now would be a gamble - especially at Wrestlemania.
This is the only reason Hulk Hogan isn't being brought back. Too many sponsors are against it. Given how much Vince loves money, I'm sure he'd have no problem bringing Hogan back at least for merchandising rights. Not only would it piss off sponsors, it'll generate too much bad publicity for the WWE when they are at a pretty successful place right now. The Hogan/Gawker case got alot of publicity. ALOT. There were too many eyes on the whole situation and it turned ugly. That's part of the reason why guys like Warrior and Snuka were overlooked for their awful actions because there wasn't much bad press about it. As soon as Snuka started making headlines about murdering his former girlfriend, they dropped him from the Hall of Fame.

Do I want Hogan back? Not really. The whole "yeah I'm racist but.." really soured me on him. Yeah Hogan will be back in the WWE some day. But he'll be dead long before that ever happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:35 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Hogan is synonymous with the world of wrestling, but he doesn't need to be at Mania. He's been out of the limelight for the past couple of years and it hasn't hurt the product, so why bring him back. No doubt he would get a big pop, fans would love to see him one more time in a WWE ring, is it worth it though.

Mania is so big now they don't need his name to sell it. I think they would much rather have the Rock or Batista, they don't come with a lot of baggage the way Hogan does. The WWE has moved on and so should a lot of the "Bring Hogan Back" crowd.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:28 AM

WWEWrestleFest is looking to come up from OCW...

I've been a lifelong Hulkamaniac. I was a kid in the 80s when I fell in love with wrestling, and Hogan was my hero. I was a rebellious teen who wanted to root for the bad guys when Hogan joined the nWo and became Hollywood. The Rock was my favorite wrestler from the Attitude era, but I was happy to boo him in favor of Hogan when he made his comeback after WCW folded. I even started watching TNA because Hogan joined.

But he never needs to be back on WWE tv. If he dies and they do some sort of memorial documentary or dvd or something, he has the WM30 hosting gig, the birthday celebration on Raw, or the banner night at MSG to use as the final chapter. They any of those are fine for an "ending" or whatever for his career. At this point, he's too old to wrestle to put anyone over, so there's really not much else you can do with him.

And what he said WAS bad. And his apology didn't seem sincere either. I know, others have done bad stuff too. Snuka killed a girl, Austin beat his wife, etc. All that stuff is bad. But WWE isn't about to remove Austin from the Hall of Fame. Honestly, Hogan really doesn't need to come back. He made millions off that sex tape lawsuit, it's not like he needs the money. And at this point, he isn't going to move the needle for WWE much in terms of ratings or whatever. It's probably not worth it on either side.

WWE should sign him to a merchandising deal, just so they could sell t-shirts, action figures, and put Hogan in video games. But they don't actually need to bring Hogan back on tv ever again.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself.
From Oxford Dictionaries;

empathy
NOUN
mass noun
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Example sentences
Usage
People often confuse the words empathy and sympathy. Empathy means ‘the ability to understand and share the feelings of another’ (as in both authors have the skill to make you feel empathy with their heroines), whereas sympathy means ‘feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune’ (as in they had great sympathy for the flood victims)

Well now.

I'll admit that I'm a little let down by their usage breakdown, as it seems to limit the ability of empathy to writers or other artists. But it absolutely does not say that the experience must be shared by an observer in order to feel empathy.

Then again, your other remarks demonstrate a complete void of empathy. You probably do in fact buy into your own false definition.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 02-05-2018, 02:42 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's possible that we'll see Hulk return to WWE. They could sign him to another legends contract and do the ambassador roll like we see with Flair and HBK. But to bring him back at Mania would be a waste with all he returning legends like HHH, Angle and possibly Undertaker working Mania. If Hogan does return then he would be better served on a random episode of Raw or Smackdown rather then getting lost in the shuffle at Mania.
Perhaps they could have Jinder Mahal confront Hogan and John Cena coming to his aid. Then that would set up Mahal vs Cena with the Sing brothers accompanying Mahal and Hulk accompanying Cena. That way you could get Hulk in a program while protecting him from getting physical. Hogan could probably still throw a few right punches and whip the Singh Brothers around the ring.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:19 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillet Club View Post
I would argue empathy can also allow you to understand the feelings of a person, by placing yourself in their position. Would I like to be discriminated against, spat at, attacked and treated like dirt? No I wouldn't. So why should I stand by and accept racism because I'm white?

But sure, play the 'actually' card to distract from your own idiotic comment.

Is Hogan relevant? He's one of the biggest names in wrestling so it's arguable that he is. Does he need to have an entire segment dedicated to him at Wrestlemania? No.
No-one likes to be spat on, or treated like dirt.

But, come on, this is the 21st century. Blacks have many rights now. They no longer are slaves, and have the same opportunity at education, medical care and most other things that most whites enjoy.

I don't accept racism. But there is racism both ways. Did you agree with extremists like Malcolm X or Louis Farrakann? There are black racists as well.

Look at the L.A. riots. Black youths torching the shops of white shopkeepers (who had nothing to do with the beating of Rodney King), or kicking a white truck driver, and leaving him to die on the road after being kicked and spat on by black youths, and the truck driver didn't hit Rodney King either. No, these people were targeted in the riots because they were WHITE! Who knows, they may have emphathised with Rodney King, and thought that the cops who beat him were scum, but these blacks youths attacked anyone with pale skin. You didn't see whites riot when black hero O.J. Simpson got cleared of killing two white people (if a white footballer had been found "not guilty" of killing two blacks, what would the response have been?)

Do you take the side of black people in these instances? Do you think the whites had it coming and deserve this?

I am not saying that this then justifies mistreatment of blacks. On the contrary, it shouldn't happen to anyone. But I often find defenders of black people are not so quick to condemn bad actions from black people.

You know what else black people should have? They should be held accountable for their actions. If a black man one time shoots at a white cop, then the white cop can take him down, not because he is black, but because he is shooting at a cop. Some of the people being shot are criminals, and if the police don't shoot, they will be shot themselves. But then, the cops are only scummy white people, and deserve to die, don't they? I wonder if you shed tears when a white cop is shot dead by a black person. How come we never hear about a black cop shooting a black man or a white man? Because racism only goes one way in the media.

Also, the fact made a slur about one person, in private, seems to bother you more than the illegal taping of someone in their own home, without their knowledge. Racial slurs aren't illegal, recording someone's private conversation without telling them, and then giving it to a media website, is. If a black man's conversation was recorded, and it caused him to lose his job, he can simply cry "Racism" and you will all come running, but when it happens to someone with pale skin, they are scum in your eyes, and fair game. You must really hate white people.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Also, the fact made a slur about one person, in private, seems to bother you more than the illegal taping of someone in their own home, without their knowledge. Racial slurs aren't illegal, recording someone's private conversation without telling them, and then giving it to a media website, is. If a black man's conversation was recorded, and it caused him to lose his job, he can simply cry "Racism" and you will all come running, but when it happens to someone with pale skin, they are scum in your eyes, and fair game. You must really hate white people.
You're making some heavy assumptions there, mate.

Firstly I haven't once mentioned Hogan's racial slur, I merely stated that I don't think he needs to have an entire segment at Wrestlemania dedicated to him. He had his 'return' a few years ago and I don't honestly think he needs to have another moment like that, it's just no necessary.

Secondly, I hate white people? Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Doctor. I absolutely have a problem with people carrying out any crime no matter the colour of their skin or the country they originate from. And yes there are racists and bigots no matter the race and I absolutely do not accept it either way, it's 2018 and racism is still a massive issue, it's ludicrous and you'd hope this planet could have pulled together by now, but it probably won't ever happen.

So do you still believe that you can only care about racism if you're black? As you've contradicted yourself a little.