WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Rousey signed a full-time deal which suggests we'll be seeing her week-to-week like everyone else. She likely won't be wrestling regularly until after WM, but she's definitely not a part-timer.

Putting her on the main roster straight away is the right move. She's simply too big of a name to go through NXT and her star has already faded. It'd be stupid to let it fade further down at Full Sail. Use her fame to bring even more eyeballs to WWE's vastly improved women's division while her iron still has heat. If she proves to have a Kurt Angle-esque knack for the business, even better.

I'm excited to see what Rousey can do. I'm not an MMA fan so I've never seen any of her fights outside of random highlights. But her legit love of wrestling combined with her athleticism and charisma (she's got a GREAT serious glare) could be the recipe for something great.

Also, she should probably drop the Piper motif sooner than later as it'll likely rub some fans the wrong way.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Not likely as she's trademarking it... Most fans will get it, they just have to show a few vignettes about how legit close she and Roddy were... it's telling she had his real jacket from the family etc. The downside is the fake Angle/Jordan stuff may have turned some fans off, to think it's a fake connection.

I don't see a problem as long as they don't try to make out she's related to him in some way...which let's face it WWE are known to do from time to time.

At the end of the day, if Piper's family are cool with her "continuing" the Rowdy name/logo (let's face it, they're getting a cut) then no fan should have any comment whatsoever. I am sure Roddy would have liked Colton to be able to do it one day but as he can't, I doubt he'd be anything other than happy to see Ronda do it.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 01-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm familiar with Piper and Ronda's connection, not so much that's she trademarking it. I agree with you, though, that if WWE establishes that relationship then it should be fine.

It helps that Ronda looks damn good in that jacket.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:31 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Right now, i think it's great that she sign a full time deal with WWE. She loves wrestling and it's a great way for WWE to get mainstream coverage since she's still kind of a big deal in the sports world. Having said that, right now, she really should show up on TV every week, use her only when you truly need her and let her train because she going into this with no experience whatsoever and pro wrestling is really hard to learn from scratch. So limit her appearance for a while. Maybe use her for selective live events so that she can get some sort of groove going and learn how to react in the ring without having the world watch her on PPV or TV.

If what was reported is true and her first match at mania is a mix tag match against HHH and Stephanie, i feel it's a great way to have her start, mostly because the guys can do most of the work and Rousey could just throw around stephanie and she won't be exposing her lack of wrestling experience right away.

but the most important thing is to not use her on TV every week, she need to be protected and feel like a special attraction, the more you see her on TV the less value she will have as a performer. The one thing you don'T want to do with her is make her feel like just another wrestler in the eyes of the fans because has soon as this happens, she not worth keeping around. So if they use her as a special attraction like they do with Brock Lesnar, they can actually have a good run with her and make some money with this but that all depends of how they want to use her.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 PM

Finsta is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Ronda needs to be paired with Paul Heyman. She needs a strong character to help her learn the ropes whilst really getting stuck into the WWE.

Leaving her to do her thing solo is the worst thing that they could do.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:17 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey is in the Elimination Chamber - wins the title from Alex Bliss and defends against Asuka. This match up will protect Rousey a little as it will be her first match in a WWE ring (with others to carry the load) but it sets up an amazing match at Mania.

Alternatively her debut is saved for Mania. In a mixed tag against Triple H and Stephanie - the match up they should have had a couple of years ago.

Rock is high on the list due to the segment at Mania 31. I think he will be first choice. I wonder if Rousey could entice CM Punk to be her partner? That has money written all over it - I know Rousey and Punk were friends. The most likely is Kurt Angle, if not Shane McMahon though.

Last edited by rge2010 : 01-30-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:42 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ok, let's end this Rousey thing. Triple H said that after she's done filming, she's headed to the Performance Center.

Sorry guys, but my best bet is this: she gets a special Wrestlemania match and then she goes out and probably won't start full time wrestling until Summerslam.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:19 PM

FlashMarston is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king4day View Post
I thought it was quite obvious she will be facing Steph at Mania. Her reaction when she shook her hand told that story.
Didn't think of that... But that could be interesting. Heard she's been training. Would be cool to see her and Charlotte.