WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think that she's come out and said "This is my life..." means she will be as full time as the other girls... whether you see her wrestle every week or not I'm not sure, but the reality is the only way she will improve IS to do it... She's not in Brock's position where he had that previous run full time to build his experience and then come back deserving the part-time role.

You won't see her every RAW or SD, but I think for the first year she will stay a "free agent" and when they next do the draft that's when they commit her to a side. That way she can wrestle the two shows and different opponents over her first 6 months or so... even the odd dark match as its all practice...

The only downside is you know whoever she faces in the first few months are gonna all be squashed. She's come off losses in UFC so she has to have some wins or a "mini" streak to at least make a match with Charlotte or Asuka works.

Best thing is, sadly, have her squash Alexa and take the title in the next few weeks before EC and show up on SD to challenge Charlotte, that annoys Asuka as she now has had her honor inslted etc... Charlotte can stick her nose in on RAW and of course Alexa deserves her rematch.

Mania... Fatal Fourway for BOTH titles like they did with Benoit/Angle and Jericho works well... have Asuka and Ronda both win a title in the same match - if you want to really save Charlotte/Ronda then have Carmella cash in THEN lose to Ronda... Asuka on RAW, Ronda on SD... you can then have the Charlotte feud and she'll be around Becky and Naomi who will be better teachers and build to Asuka v Ronda next year.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:49 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

They really cheapened the Women's rumble last night. They should have let Asuka bask in the glory of making history. But, NOOOOOOOOO, they have to take a dump on their own hyped up event by bringing up a "pop culture icon" to steal the thunder. Ronda Rousey has ZERO experience as a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER. Sure, she has charisma. so did Enzo Amore. Did you want Amore in the Main Event at WrestleMania? Rousey is going to be botch city. The fact that some people on this thread are saying that they ahould put Rousey with someone that can get a "good match out of her" is saying a lot. So, I still stand by what I have been saying: If WWE and Rousay are REALLY serious about this, and in Rousey in the long haul, they will send her to NXT. Let her learn the ART of Professional Wrestling the RIGHT way. Otherwise, everything they built up over the last couple of years will be for nothing.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:24 AM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
They really cheapened the Women's rumble last night. They should have let Asuka bask in the glory of making history. But, NOOOOOOOOO, they have to take a dump on their own hyped up event by bringing up a "pop culture icon" to steal the thunder. Ronda Rousey has ZERO experience as a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER. Sure, she has charisma. so did Enzo Amore. Did you want Amore in the Main Event at WrestleMania? Rousey is going to be botch city. The fact that some people on this thread are saying that they ahould put Rousey with someone that can get a "good match out of her" is saying a lot. So, I still stand by what I have been saying: If WWE and Rousay are REALLY serious about this, and in Rousey in the long haul, they will send her to NXT. Let her learn the ART of Professional Wrestling the RIGHT way. Otherwise, everything they built up over the last couple of years will be for nothing.
This is a very "smarky" attitude for the lack of a better term. Rousey's appeal is not "professional wrestling". Outside of Hollywood, she might be the biggest female personality across the world, and even though her stocks have fallen after her losses in UFC, she's still a huge crowd puller. A smart businessman will put her front and center, and that's what WWE has done. Whether she learns the "art" of wrestling or not matters squat. At this very point, she may just turn out to be a bigger draw than Brock Lesnar. She is a legit fighter. She can run through the entire female roster in WWE and nobody will bat an eyelid. If WWE wants female wrestling to be a legit draw, she might just be the answer.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:26 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post

And most importantly, was that really Hot Rod's leather jacket?
It was.

From all accounts including her own testimony, she is a real deal pro wrestler now. That said, I hope they keep her limited, at least for the first year, so as to keep her special. As with all things, seeing her will become rather normal in time, but lets keep it special for as long as possible.

if she is as all-in as she says she is, her level of work ethic and drive to become better wont be an issue at all. If this is full-on, she has every bit of potential to become a great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk View Post
This is a very "smarky" attitude for the lack of a better term. Rousey's appeal is not "professional wrestling". Outside of Hollywood, she might be the biggest female personality across the world, and even though her stocks have fallen after her losses in UFC, she's still a huge crowd puller. A smart businessman will put her front and center, and that's what WWE has done. Whether she learns the "art" of wrestling or not matters squat. At this very point, she may just turn out to be a bigger draw than Brock Lesnar. She is a legit fighter. She can run through the entire female roster in WWE and nobody will bat an eyelid. If WWE wants female wrestling to be a legit draw, she might just be the answer.
The first thing you learn in this business is "Trust"." - Al Snow

"First, protect the business. Then, protect your partner." - The Original Sheik

You say that any smart businessman would put someone "front and center". Yes, in things where you do not have simulated physical contact. If you were a firefighter, would you want someone untrained in fighting fires run into that burning building with you? Of course not. Firefighters know that their lives are in each others hands. Same with a professional wrestler. His/her life is in his/her opponents hands. This is NOT MMA where your job is to defeat someone physically. Pro Wrestling is a simulated fighting sequence. You need to know how to take bumps and strikes WITHOUT getting yourself killed. People train for years in the art of Professional Wrestling. Rousey NEEDS to learn how to perform the ART of professional wrestling.

Lesnar, with all his NCAA Championships, went through OVW. Why can't Rousey go through NXT?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:10 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:

You say that any smart businessman would put someone "front and center". Yes, in things where you do not have simulated physical contact. If you were a firefighter, would you want someone untrained in fighting fires run into that burning building with you? Of course not. Firefighters know that their lives are in each others hands. Same with a professional wrestler. His/her life is in his/her opponents hands. This is NOT MMA where your job is to defeat someone physically. Pro Wrestling is a simulated fighting sequence. You need to know how to take bumps and strikes WITHOUT getting yourself killed. People train for years in the art of Professional Wrestling. Rousey NEEDS to learn how to perform the ART of professional wrestling.

Lesnar, with all his NCAA Championships, went through OVW. Why can't Rousey go through NXT?
Well there is a difference between putting her out there for 35 minute Steamboat-Flair recreations and putting her out there to mow through people like a demigod.

I think its pretty damn obvious which one WWE will go with.

She has already been training day and day out at the PC for months and will keep doing so up to Mania. It will be more than enough to have her ready for a 3 minute execution, which is what she will be doing for at least her first year.

She already hopped in the ring and flipped Triple H head over tea kettle. He was perfectly fine. You know it takes two right? Just as much depends on the more experienced girls protecting themselves as it does Rousey.

This is far from the first time that someone green with star power was carried by more experienced workers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

New report states that:

Click for Spoiler:
Rousey will face HHH and Stephanie in a mixed tag match at Wrestlemania. This will be her first match. They are thinking about pairing her with Strowman.

And I'm totally fine with that.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:13 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

i'm sure she will translate easily in terms of in ring work. We will see personality wise.. Hopefully, she is full-time or somewhat consistent with her WWE schedule than the part timers.

Unfortunately, They are a couple of years too late. She is still an attraction, but she was white hot at one point..she was one of the biggest names in the sports world..Those days are gone though.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:25 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As has already been mentioned, there's talk that Rousey might be involved in a mixed tag team match at WrestleMania against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

Under normal circumstances, I'd hate this idea because it'll mean that we'll see a lot of Stephanie during WrestleMania season. However, while Rousey has been training for months, putting her in a match like this, a match that's primarily just a spectacle and showcase, as her first one might be the best way to go. We know she has the it factor, that's long since been established, but she's green and putting her in a Women's Championship match for WrestleMania is almost certainly gonna have some smarks bitching and moaning about her taking someone else's spot. To be fair though, it's an argument that has merit to it because taking such prime spots during the biggest show of the year has been one of the biggest arguments against part timers or special attractions for years and we still don't really know how Rousey's deal is set up. I mean, she's been signed to a "full time" deal, but does that mean something akin to a full schedule? Will she wrestle at every ppv? Just the original big four? Will she sometimes wrestle on TV? This is all stuff that'll be revealed in the coming weeks.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-29-2018, 02:57 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Quote:

Word is that Rousey has been training at the PC for months. So, you can get over this idea of sending the biggest female box office attraction to a financially unsuccessful operation that is NXT.

She has to get the belt, in my opinion. She is the biggest draw they have. Give her the title.