WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default iIt's Official: Ronda Rousey Joins WWE

Unless you've been living under a rock since about 10 minutes past 11 pm last night, then you're aware that Ronda Rousey has officially signed a deal with WWE. Rousey came out after the women's Royal Rumble match concluded and while Asuka, Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss were all in the ring.

Unlike Shinsuke Nakamura, who won the men's Royal Rumble match earlier in the night, we didn't find out who Asuka will choose to face at WrestleMania. Rousey came out before any sort of decision could be made or announced and walked up to Asuka to shake her hand, only for Asuka to slap her hand away.

The obvious questions are going to be in regards to the terms of her deal, how often we'll see her and what the plan for WrestleMania is. Rousey put out a statement on ESPN saying:

This is my life now. First priority on my timeline for the next several years. This is not a smash-and-grab; this is not a publicity stunt. When I first met with Triple H, I told him, ĎThere are other things I can do with my time thatíll make way more money, but I wonít enjoy nearly as much. Itís funny ó itís kind of like acting, in that it was something I always wanted to do but I never thought was in the cards for me. And now that I realize I really do have this opportunity, I feel like my 6-year-old self would totally kick my ass if I didnít take it.Ē

I'm wondering if she'll be used similarly to Brock Lesnar in that she gets rolled out for special events or if it'll be closer to a full time gig. Don't get me wrong, I highly doubt that Ronda Rousey will be wrestling anything approaching a full time schedule in WWE and I think it'll be more along the lines of seeing her wrestle 4 or 5 times out of the year. As for their WrestleMania plans for her, my guess is that she'll have a title shot against whomever Asuka doesn't choose.

There are pros and cons to either choice when you think about it. If Asuka chooses to face Charlotte Flair, then the first thought in your head will be something along the lines of Alexia Bliss might as well just hand Ronda Rousey the Raw Women's Championship and forego a match in the first place. Ain't nobody, and good ol' JH means nobody, buying into the notion of Alexa Bliss beating Ronda Rousey. If Asuka chooses to face Alexa Bliss, this puts Ronda Rousey on SmackDown Live and it's extremely difficult to imagine Ronda Rousey not being on Raw because that's THE show in WWE and probably always will be. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey sounds more appealing to me personally but, then again, so does Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:52 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

I posted something about this in the LD last night. Charlotte vs. Rousey as so much more appeal than Bliss vs. Rousey, but I can't just see them putting her on Smackdown. They always put their biggest draws and special attractions on RAW, and Rousey is the epitome of a huge draw and great attraction.

Maybe they can have her appear on both shows until she makes a decision on who she wants to face sometime in March but I don't know what her schedule is like with her movie or if that's even doable.

Something that they COULD DO is... they could put the RAW Women's Championship on either Asuka or Rousey before Mania and have Asuka/Rousey be the match at Mania. (Asuka slapping Rousey's hand away probably didn't happen for no reason). IF they went that route, I think it'd be more likely for Rousey to get the belt. There would be a precedent for Asuka asking for her match before WrestleMania, I know Cena did it in 2008... and I'm pretty sure it happened a time or two before that as well. But I think the chances of that happening are slim considering that since this is uncharted territory for the women, they probably want the Rumble winner to go the traditional route to WrestleMania and challenge the champion.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:17 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I questioned what she could do in a professional wrestling atmosphere but boy she is a natural. Her pointing at the WM sign was downright scary good.

That being said I'm curious about so much here even beyond what she is capable of doing. What is she really gonna do? How often will we see her? You would think that she is going to follow up last night with an appearance tonight but I haven't seen it promoted. I would imagine that she would bring in a bigger ratings pop than last week's Raw 25. Does she get physical before Mania? In a match? Is she getting Asuka, Bliss, or Charlotte? Do they put her in a multi woman or special type match to protect her? Is she really full time? What does full time even mean? She clearly has other stuff going on. Was the point of Sasha seemingly playing a heel last night so that Rousey can have a starter feud before WM with someone that can carry her to a presentable match?

And most importantly, was that really Hot Rod's leather jacket?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:22 AM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk

With Elimination Chamber being a RAW exclusive this time round, there's every possibility that Asuka or Rousey win the RAW Women's Championship before Mania. At this point, I believe Asuka vs Rousey has way more appeal than Bliss vs Asuka, Charlotte vs Rousey, Rousey vs Bliss and Charlotte vs Asuka. The match can be hard hitting with shoot style strikes and throws and has way more going for itself in terms of a major Wrestlemania match.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:43 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Dagger Dias will think that I am having a go at his girlfriend, Asuka, since any comment I make about her, he sees as "racist".

I think that they should hold off Asuka v Rhonda for a while, maybe a year. In that time, have both dominate, and remain undefeated, as I believe that it will be Rhonda Rousey who will end Asuka's streak, and be the only one to do it and not cop heat from NXT fans who never want Asuka's streak to end.

But Asuka has only been on RAW for a few months. Let her beat a few of the RAW Divas roster, and then feed her to Rhonda, when ending Asuka's streak is a much bigger deal.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:59 AM
The Greatest of the Universe!!
WWE Diva's Champion

hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...

Am I the only one that thinks that Rousey is gonna suck at the beginning? They are putting her in a position to fail if you ask me. Whoever they put her up against at WM or even Elimination Chamber would have to carry the match without question. I just think it's WAAAAAY to soon to put her in such a spotlight. I get it, she's a HUGE draw and she has MMA experience, but this isn't the UFC and there is a lot more to this then just going forward and using an arm bar submission.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I know that Charlotte vs Ronda is a big hit, but I don't like it. Not yet. Why should Ronda face Charlotte at WM? It's early for that match. So, Ronda faces Flair, she has to win right? It's her first Wrestlemania, she's a big deal, she's supposed to be special. So you bring her in, you have to make her a champion.

And that's the reason I don't like the idea. If Ronda has a championship match at WM, she has to win! So, have her do something else at Wrestlemania instead. That way you have 3 women's matches: the 2 championship matches and 1 Rousey match.

WWE's biggest draws right now are: Sasha, Nia Jax, Bayley, Bliss, Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Nikki and Rousey. Quite frankly, I have no idea how you fit all of them on the show.

From what they showed us, Ronda vs Flair will happen. The camera was zooming in on Charlotte all the time.

I think they should hold a women's battle royal at WM as well. I know that two battle royals are too much, but there's talent in there that deserves to be on the show. Then they'll have Ronda vs Flair and Asuka challenging for the RAW WC (I don't think she's getting Alexa Bliss though).

I think we're getting: Charlotte vs Rousey and Banks vs Asuka.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:29 AM

king4day is looking to come up from OCW...

I thought it was quite obvious she will be facing Steph at Mania. Her reaction when she shook her hand told that story.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:44 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

I didn't get the impression she would be facing Stephanie at all. I'm 99% sure that's not gonna happen.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:05 AM

Urry88 is looking to come up from OCW...

The matches I took from the WRR was Banks v Bailey, Asuka v Bliss/Rousey, Nikki v Flair and possibly Trish v Mickey. If Asuka does indeed get Bliss Rousey would then have Steph.
I know it seems like a lot of women's matches for mania but they're pushing the crap out the women's division and all but Rousey v Steph could be good matches.