WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Patent Pending
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...

The original XFL gets a lot of due shit, and was a financial disaster, but I think there were some good ideas there that could have been refined into something salvageable. It could have been something similar to ECW back in the 90s; going against the grain culturally, innovating with new technology and making new American football stars, but still humble enough to be its own thing.

The problem is, as Pika touched on, is that Vince doesn't like being any other position but first. He'll declare a war against the NFL and lose again like he did in 2001. Vince doesn't have a good track record when it comes to taking on competitors larger than him, just look at the WBF. Even the expansion of the WWF was on the back of a dying territory scene, and he had a huge headstart against WCW.

Unless Vince plays this more wisely, a failure would create opportunity in the wrestling industry from the fallout. Vince was lucky that the XFL failed the first time at probably the safest and most secure period in his company's history following WCW's demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathian Florist View Post
WM 33 ends with Foley crucified in mid-ring, as WWE staff hand the crowd various items to throw at him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:25 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Yes, the XFL will be totally focused on football and family friendly unlike the NFL. The horrors of people kneeling during the anthem is just too much for children to take. Totally makes me lose focus during the game because kneeling is worse than Hitler. Unless the criminals in football have committed something like murder (Ray Lewis), then I don't really care all that much.

The NFL doesn't need a developmental league. College does that and the game is way too hard on the body to waste extra time developing.

I really hope this isn't the reason we don't have pyro now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Vince was lucky that the XFL failed the first time at probably the safest and most secure period in his company's history following WCW's demise.
Eh, not really true. They were financially healthy back then and now. Record revenue for a good amount of years in a row. Not net profit but they are making money consistently (excluding the network launch year due to the startup costs of that). WWE is healthy. TV contract plays a large role in that. So it could fail again and they should be completely fine.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER

Last edited by therockiswwf : 01-25-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:06 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think it may work.

More power to him.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Patent Pending
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...Dan Severn's Moustache scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockiswwf View Post
Eh, not really true. They were financially healthy back then and now. Record revenue for a good amount of years in a row. Not net profit but they are making money consistently (excluding the network launch year due to the startup costs of that). WWE is healthy. TV contract plays a large role in that. So it could fail again and they should be completely fine.
It is true that they are generally secure right now, but a failure on a similar magnitude to the original XFL could create a negative multiplier for someone else to capitalise on. I'm not talking WCW level competition, but something that could easily dwarf TNA, ROH and New Japan (in the west at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathian Florist View Post
WM 33 ends with Foley crucified in mid-ring, as WWE staff hand the crowd various items to throw at him.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:55 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can see it being more successful overseas if it fastens play. Also the family friendly aspect could work too (although i dont see how the nfl isnt family friendly) which would be ironic considering that business the biggest success in wrestling history and the subtle decline its taken since changing has been at the time when wwe was not family friendly
Old 01-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It’s definately going to be more successful than it was last time. I’m looking forward to it mainly because I didn’t see how it went last time. I watched like 2 plays on YouTube before and it seemed good just without the star players. To start off the match is weird but it’s a good weird. More effort will be put into this and I like how Vince is asking for suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH