WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-27-2018, 05:38 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

So....back to the topic. The rumour is this years posthumous inductee will be Bam Bam Bigelow and Kid Rick the celebrity. Surely there will be 1 or 2 more inductees. My picks, based on having an old timer inductee and a WWE agent inductee, I'm going Ivan Koloff and William Regal
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

No way is Regal going in the same year as Goldberg... not with their history.

There has been talk of fewer inductions in recent years, Bam Bam takes the "dead wrestler" slot and Kid Rock the Celeb one you pretty much have a class, not the best ever for sure, but it does the job.

The "promoter" slot I guess IS Jarrett.

If they snuck one more in then I'd hope it would be an older midcarder like Rick Martel... Regal can wait for a better class/slot... It makes sense he goes in when Jericho does.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:48 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
Titles don't mean jack shit in "pro wrestling" and they meant even less during the Russo years which Jarrett where Jarrett had most of his success. If anyone else had been booking Jeff Jarrett would not be a three time World Champion. Furthermore, all those "championships" meant was that he was given the ball and failed to deliver. Either he was out of the company or the company folded soon thereafter. Not saying he was bad but I wouldn't rank him among the top five I-C Champions of all time and maybe not even in the top 10 same goes for tag . So spare me the "championships" argument.

I remember the Attitude Era and EVERYONE was hot at the time. It's like being a roleplayer on a championship team. You're going to get the rub off guys like Austin, Rock, Foley, DX but no one in their right mind would say Jarrett contributed to the success of the Attitude Era. It was the atmosphere back then. It was just crazy hot. Are you going to put everyone was in WWE during '98-'99 in the HOF?

No it does not. WCW was a complete dumpster fire by when Jarrett was "on top." His biggest claim to fame in WCW was laying down in the middle of the ring and letting Hogan pin him. As the late Mike Graham said "He broke 10,000 guitars and he didn't draw a dime...not a DIME."
"If anyone else was booking, Jarrett wouldn't have been a three-time champion"

Except that Jarrett booked himself as three time TNA Champion in the early days of the company. But he owned the wrestling company. So what has been YOUR contribution to wrestling?

You say that "titles didn't count" under Russo.

Okay then, by that reasoning, some of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's reigns don't matter either, since Russo was head writer of RAW in 1998-99 when SCSA won the belts at WM14 and WM15.

Also, Mankind's title reigns wouldn't mean "jack shit" either, in your eyes, since that was on Russo's watch as well.

But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

"I don't rank him amongst the five top IC champions of all time".

I believe that Jarrett may be second or third in the most IC Title reigns (the others being the Miz and Chris Jericho). So he had a few runs with the belt.

"Furthermore, all those championships meant that he was given the ball and failed to run with it".

So you are saying that having a lot of title reigns means that you have failed often?

Okay then, you mustn't respect Ric Flair either, then, since he won the World Title 16 times. But to you, that means that he failed 15 times to retain it, does it not?

Not everyone in the "Attitude Era" was crazy hot then? I think Jarrett has done more in wrestling than Kurrgan, or Phil DeFon, or Mr X (who was in the Brawl for all).

In fact, the biggest drawback of the Attitude Era was that, after the top dozen guys, the in-ring work dropped dramatically. Jarrett had better matches than most of the roster back then.

Look, I get it. You hate Jarrett's guts, and if he met you, he might hate yours too (I have a feeling that you get a lot of that). But to dismiss actual measures of HoF worthiness so that you can exclude one guy, means that others who are also measured to the same standards (such as championships) have to be excluded as well.

You say that championships mean nothing, but I bet you are one of these whiny bitches who gets upset when your fave doesn't win the belt.

It is one thing to not like the guy. But to discredit his achievements are stupid.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:56 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Except that Jarrett booked himself as three time TNA Champion in the early days of the company. But he owned the wrestling company. So what has been YOUR contribution to wrestling?
Last I checked I am not up for consideration for the HOF but thanks for asking.

Quote:
Okay then, by that reasoning, some of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's reigns don't matter either, since Russo was head writer of RAW in 1998-99 when SCSA won the belts at WM14 and WM15.

Also, Mankind's title reigns wouldn't mean "jack shit" either, in your eyes, since that was on Russo's watch as well.

But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.
This might be the dumbest statement of all time. It would comical if you weren't serious. Let me get these "facts" straight. Steve Austin and Mick Foley drew in millions of TV viewers to RAW on a weekly basis. Sold millions of PPV's. They drew thousands more to arenas and stadiums nationwide and around the world. They sold millions of dollars in merchandise. No, Mick Foley's reign did not mean "jack shit" it meant bank and lots of it. But I would not use the number of titles he won as validation for his legendary career. I would point to the above listed reasons.

Quote:
I believe that Jarrett may be second or third in the most IC Title reigns (the others being the Miz and Chris Jericho). So he had a few runs with the belt.
Again, I don't care how many times he's "won" said belt. I care about the impact of a performer. When I think great I-C Champions I think of Randy Savage, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Rock, HHH but that's just my opinion. You could have Jarrett #1 on your list. I could care less. I just think the above mentioned wrestlers' made more impact with the I-C belt than Jeff Jarrett ever did.

Quote:
Okay then, you mustn't respect Ric Flair either, then, since he won the World Title 16 times. But to you, that means that he failed 15 times to retain it, does it not?
That is another debate. We all know (or maybe you don't) that the NWA World Heavyweight title was a heavily politicized title. It would change hands overseas, it would change hands to appease a certain promoter, it was used to prop up certain territories. I didn't say anything about not respecting Ric Flair but Flair being a "16 time" world champion has nothing to do with how I view him as a performer.

Quote:
Look, I get it. You hate Jarrett's guts, and if he met you, he might hate yours too (I have a feeling that you get a lot of that). But to dismiss actual measures of HoF worthiness so that you can exclude one guy, means that others who are also measured to the same standards (such as championships) have to be excluded as well.
When did I say I hate his guts? Did I take personal shots at him? I don't even know him. I can have a rational debate without getting emotionally invested (unlike some). What are the actual measures of HOF worthiness? I would like to hear them.

Quote:
You say that championships mean nothing, but I bet you are one of these whiny bitches who gets upset when your fave doesn't win the belt.
Sounds like you're the whiny bitch.

Quote:
It is one thing to not like the guy. But to discredit his achievements are stupid.
Again, never said I did not like him. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point and I did not "discredit" his achievements. He had a long career in pro wrestling for well over two decades. Was upper mid card in the "Big Two". Was a solid hand in the ring. Had entertaining matches. A bit of charisma but could never find that right gimmick that would take him to the next level. That is what I think when I think of Jeff Jarrett.

I was little surprised by his HOF nomination and questioned his merits based on the MY criteria. I'm just a guy posting on a message board and you think I have some personal grudge. That is laughable and shows you take way too seriously.

Last edited by Makaveli31 : 03-01-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:20 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
Last I checked I am not up for consideration for the HOF but thanks for asking.

This might be the dumbest statement of all time. It would comical if you weren't serious. Let me get these "facts" straight. Steve Austin and Mick Foley drew in millions of TV viewers to RAW on a weekly basis. Sold millions of PPV's. They drew thousands more to arenas and stadiums nationwide and around the world. They sold millions of dollars in merchandise. No, Mick Foley's reign did not mean "jack shit" it meant bank and lots of it. But I would not use the number of titles he won as validation for his legendary career. I would point to the above listed reasons.

Again, I don't care how many times he's "won" said belt. I care about the impact of a performer. When I think great I-C Champions I think of Randy Savage, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Rock, HHH but that's just my opinion. You could have Jarrett #1 on your list. I could care less. I just think the above mentioned wrestlers' made more impact with the I-C belt than Jeff Jarrett ever did.

That is another debate. We all know (or maybe you don't) that the NWA World Heavyweight title was a heavily politicized title. It would change hands overseas, it would change hands to appease a certain promoter, it was used to prop up certain territories. I didn't say anything about not respecting Ric Flair but Flair being a "16 time" world champion has nothing to do with how I view him as a performer.

When did I say I hate his guts? Did I take personal shots at him? I don't even know him. I can have a rational debate without getting emotionally invested (unlike some). What are the actual measures of HOF worthiness? I would like to hear them.

Sounds like you're the whiny bitch.

Again, never said I did not like him. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point and I did not "discredit" his achievements. He had a long career in pro wrestling for well over two decades. Was upper mid card in the "Big Two". Was a solid hand in the ring. Had entertaining matches. A bit of charisma but could never find that right gimmick that would take him to the next level. That is what I think when I think of Jeff Jarrett.

I was little surprised by his HOF nomination and questioned his merits based on the MY criteria. I'm just a guy posting on a message board and you think I have some personal grudge. That is laughable and shows you take way too seriously.

Firstly, I heard that you were a candidate for the "Idiot" Hall-Of-Fame, so you are eligible for that.

Secondly, you said that Jarrett ONLY won titles under Russo. What has that got to do with anything. Firstly, Jarrett doesn't decide to win the belt three times (except in TNA, when he ran it), Russo booked him that way. He also booked SCSA and Mankind to have reigns as well.

Besides, would you have preferred old guys still winning the main belt in WCW, like Hogan, Sid and Kevin Nash, again and again? Even Sting was on the wrong side of 40. At least Jarrett, Booker T and Scott Steiner provided fresh faces in the title picture, something a lot here wanted WWE to do before NXT became a thing. I doubt Booker T sold out arenas as champion either. Does that then discredit him being a HoFer as well?

Also, Jarrett started a wrestling company, which is still going today. The company he started provides an alternative for wrestlers who have been dumped by WWE, or see it as an alternative to WWE. Also, TNA only went to the pack once Dixie Carter took over, since she was clueless about running a wrestling company.

Jarrett only has a bad reputation in wrestling because two powerful voices, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, bad mouth him. Austin refused to have a program with him (but then, Jarrett isn't the first guy Austin refused to put over, remember how he walked out rather than putting Brock Lesnar over), and Hogan has badmouthed Jarrett for participating in that stunt where Jarrett lay down for Hogan, and Russo then badmouthed him.

Also, Vince McMahon was annoyed that he had to pay Jarrett upfront to end his contract, because Jarrett thought that Vince would do a "Bret Hart" on him. Both parties have obviously moved on now, and Jarrett is going into the HoF.

I think both Jeff and his father Jerry should be inducted, as Jerry was Vince's right hand man at one stage, and would have taken over running WWE if Vince went to jail for the drug charges. They have contributed far more to the sport than some moaner like you have sitting on the internet trolling them. You say who cares about Jarrett's contribution? Who cares about your contribution to anything in life?

If I were a wrestler, do you know how I would comfort myself against all the hateful trolls? By remembering that, in 100 years time, someone will open a wrestling book, and see that I am in the Hall Of Fame, whereas who will remember any of you hateful trolls in 100 years' time? Just shows whose life is more important.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:09 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Firstly, I heard that you were a candidate for the "Idiot" Hall-Of-Fame, so you are eligible for that.
LOL, well that's quite an honor coming from a from a first ballot inductee and ranking member. I would try to rebut your answers but they made absolutely no fucking sense and have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Quote:
you said that Jarrett ONLY won titles under Russo. What has that got to do with anything. Firstly, Jarrett doesn't decide to win the belt three times (except in TNA, when he ran it), Russo booked him that way. He also booked SCSA and Mankind to have reigns as well.
Do me a favor and go back and read what I wrote about Austin and Foley. It has nothing to do with their "reigns" and who booked who. It has everything to do with asses in seats. I can't make that any more clear.

Quote:
Besides, would you have preferred old guys still winning the main belt in WCW, like Hogan, Sid and Kevin Nash, again and again? Even Sting was on the wrong side of 40. At least Jarrett, Booker T and Scott Steiner provided fresh faces in the title picture, something a lot here wanted WWE to do before NXT became a thing. I doubt Booker T sold out arenas as champion either. Does that then discredit him being a HoFer as well?
Another phantom argument. I deal in facts. It dosn't matter what I "preferred". I just deal with what happened.

Quote:
I doubt Booker T sold out arenas as champion either. Does that then discredit him being a HoFer as well?
We can have that argument.

Quote:
Jarrett only has a bad reputation in wrestling because two powerful voices, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, bad mouth him. Austin refused to have a program with him (but then, Jarrett isn't the first guy Austin refused to put over, remember how he walked out rather than putting Brock Lesnar over), and Hogan has badmouthed Jarrett for participating in that stunt where Jarrett lay down for Hogan, and Russo then badmouthed him.
Again, more hearsay and rumor. I never spoke about Jarrett's reputation. Good or bad.

Quote:
They have contributed far more to the sport than some moaner like you have sitting on the internet trolling them. You say who cares about Jarrett's contribution? Who cares about your contribution to anything in life?
Obviously you care and so does your mom.

Quote:
If I were a wrestler, do you know how I would comfort myself against all the hateful trolls? By remembering that, in 100 years time, someone will open a wrestling book, and see that I am in the Hall Of Fame, whereas who will remember any of you hateful trolls in 100 years' time? Just shows whose life is more important.
Too bad you are not a wrestler. Keep dreaming son,
Old 03-02-2018, 12:32 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Shame the concussion class action is ongoing, guys like Bundy and Demolition are long overdue.
Martel, Honkytonk Man, Muta...so many deserving that are not in
Old 03-14-2018, 08:30 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
Shame the concussion class action is ongoing, guys like Bundy and Demolition are long overdue.
Martel, Honkytonk Man, Muta...so many deserving that are not in
Honky tonk man will probably get in when they offered him the amount of money he's asking to show up and if he doesn't ha a convention to go to during the weekend.

That's why he refused it the last time so I wouldn't be surprise that it's still the reason why they don't even bother asking him for a while.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:15 PM

AndrewC316 is looking to come up from OCW...

I got a feeling the Kid Rock being inducted is gonna lead to American Badass Taker
Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Probably, but I sure hope not!!