WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Hell Freezes Over: JJ Enters The Hall Of Fame

Wow, it's official... Jeff Jarrett will return to the WWE and enter the Hall of Fame.

This really is a strange one, especially as his father Jerry, who at one time was tapped to take over running the WWF if Vince went to jail and was the major promoter in Memphis for years isn't in there/going in with him.

Jeff of course has had a checkered past with Vince, switching sides more than anyone during the Monday Night Wars and famously holding him up for money to drop the belt to Chyna.

Personally, I never got why Vince was so mad, it was JR or whoever's fault that his contract lapsed while holding a title...and Jeff was being asked to drop a male title to a woman, something not only that had never been done...but that would inherently damage him going into WCW.

Personally, I hope Jarrett is brought on with WWE bring him in backstage somehow.... I have no wish to see JJ the character in the inevitable authority role, but using his GFW contracts could be interesting in setting up a second feeder territory for the company... where people can actually get experience of working.

Lawler will likely be the one to induct him although RoadDog at the outside could.

I guess now ANYONE can go into the HOF except Benoit... Jim Cornette's call must not be too far away.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:37 AM

Christian Faith is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow hell has frozen over!!

The next inductee is none other than.....

JJ Jeff Jarrett!!

I guess he no longer spells his name G.O.N.E GONE!

I did not see this one coming at all!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

Yea this was a big surprise to me. Given everything I read, I was convinced this would never happen.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Strange to set aside a grudge for somebody people weren't demanding to be inducted. I'm holding out that Vince cuts him off mid speech and ejects him from the building.

Does Jarrett own some of the TNA library?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:17 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

I was shocked by this news. Especially considering Jarrett never did anything of merit in either WCW or the WWF. We've seen Vince set aside personal grudges for the sake of "business" and induct people who have made an impact (no pun intended). Bruno Sammartino, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior come to mind.

Several things come to mind when considering this "induction."

1) Jarrett has had substance abuse issues and I believe he was recently in WWE-sponsored rehab. Maybe this is a way of getting him a "legends" contract and bringing him back into the WWE fold like they did with Scott Hall, Sean Waltman etc... Jarrett is still one of the great "minds" of the business even if it didn't translate to his character. I could see him working in some capacity for NXT.

2) I believe he does own the pre-2005 NWA-TNA video library which would give the Network some fresh material and maybe some Memphis/USWA stuff as well.

3) I believe the whole Jarrett/Chyna fiasco was blown out of proportion. I don't believe Vince would hold someone out just for that.

I don't think Road Dog and Jarrett had much of a relationship and same goes for Lawler. It'll be interesting to see who inducts him. Maybe Kurt Angle (lol).

But at the end of the day Jeff Jarrett had a big impact on the business. He was a role player in the "Monday Night Wars" and started the only competition Vince has faced in the last decade. I hope we see more "TNA" affiliated wrestlers get their due like Gail Kim etc....

Last edited by Makaveli31 : 02-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...

I've never understood why JJ's legacy is so poor on the internet.

Never did anything of note in WWF or WCW?

WWF
-6x IC champion
-European Champion
-Tag Champion (with Owen Hart, helluva team)

WCW
-4x US champion
-3x World Champion

That's just raw titles.

on WWF:
His attitude era turn produced some of the biggest mid card feuds of 98-99. The hair match with Xpac, guitar shot on his throat were MAJOR heat magnets and helped XPac get over. Then the run with Debra and Owen was great and was even better as solo IC act with Debra as the Randy Savage/Miss Elizabeth story. His mini-feud with DLo was fun there and of course the stuff with Chyna was big time. He would have been in the world title picture as well except for the fact that Austin had a personal grudge against him and refused to work with him.

on WCW:
I'll only talk post return from WWF in 99 because the small blip was worthless as it got aborted before it went anywhere. WCW was obviously struggling here but was still the 2nd biggest national promotion we've seen and he was a multiple time US AND world Champion and a centerpoint of the promotion.

Those accomplishments alone would be more than enough to deserve a HOF spot in WWE, but it ignores his Memphis time where he was FIRE and his TNA run which I admittedly don't have much to say about because I didn't watch it.

A good worker. Not flash, but could work solid matches with anyone. A good heel that could get heat out of crowds with ease. He wasn't a big money draw. That's the only knock. Couldn't work as a big time main eventer in an era with all of the biggest money guys in history working still.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Lawler is the logical pick as Jarrett came from the USWA/Memphis area... if his dad isn't gonna induct him, then Lawler who was his business partner makes more sense than anyone else on the roster other than Roode or AJ.

I didn't think of the rehab thing... would be weak sauce as a reason on its own but not beneath WWE to do it to hype their rehab. I can actually imagine Angle being part of this/getting it done... whatever he thinks of Jarrett and Karen etc. The HOF and return to the company has only been good for Kurt in terms of helping to rebuild his life... he probably would want the same for Jeff as it can only be good for his own kids who Jarrett is stepfather to if he is focused and back "in the fold" with WWE. I still get the feeling Vince might even pony up some money and a spot on the network for GFW... it might be a quick way to get the UK show off the ground for example, as Jarrett did well with TNA here.

Career wise, yeah, I take the points that he held belts but virtually every latter day title he held was down to him being close personal buddies with Russo rather than his actual talent. The early IC titles aren't to be sneezed at... and to be fair he was a legit heat magnet back then with the "Ain't I Great" thing, I loathed him more than any other WWF guy.

In essence though, most of it is gonna be because of the Jarrett name... Jerry perhaps was too "behind the scenes" to go in himself as Lawler and Jeff were in effect the "front men" of CWA and TNA... Take away any alleged heat Jeff "got" and the Jarrett name is one of the last "family names" that could and perhaps should be going in there from the old days.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 02-19-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:00 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe GFW can be an WWE Developmentmental territory based in Nashville, TN moving into TNA's old offices and take half of the new signees from NXT so developmental talent can benefit (or look into reviving the USWA under both Jeff and Lawler's watch).
Old 02-19-2018, 06:34 PM

LibSuperstar is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank
on WWF:
His attitude era turn produced some of the biggest mid card feuds of 98-99. The hair match with Xpac, guitar shot on his throat were MAJOR heat magnets and helped XPac get over. Then the run with Debra and Owen was great and was even better as solo IC act with Debra as the Randy Savage/Miss Elizabeth story. His mini-feud with DLo was fun there and of course the stuff with Chyna was big time. He would have been in the world title picture as well except for the fact that Austin had a personal grudge against him and refused to work with him.
Forgot about the D-Lo stuff but yeah his Attitude Era run was pretty solid. I believe he adapted quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor
Lawler is the logical pick as Jarrett came from the USWA/Memphis area... if his dad isn't gonna induct him, then Lawler who was his business partner makes more sense than anyone else on the roster other than Roode or AJ.

I didn't think of the rehab thing... would be weak sauce as a reason on its own but not beneath WWE to do it to hype their rehab. I can actually imagine Angle being part of this/getting it done... whatever he thinks of Jarrett and Karen etc. The HOF and return to the company has only been good for Kurt in terms of helping to rebuild his life... he probably would want the same for Jeff as it can only be good for his own kids who Jarrett is stepfather to if he is focused and back "in the fold" with WWE. I still get the feeling Vince might even pony up some money and a spot on the network for GFW... it might be a quick way to get the UK show off the ground for example, as Jarrett did well with TNA here.

Career wise, yeah, I take the points that he held belts but virtually every latter day title he held was down to him being close personal buddies with Russo rather than his actual talent. The early IC titles aren't to be sneezed at... and to be fair he was a legit heat magnet back then with the "Ain't I Great" thing, I loathed him more than any other WWF guy.

In essence though, most of it is gonna be because of the Jarrett name... Jerry perhaps was too "behind the scenes" to go in himself as Lawler and Jeff were in effect the "front men" of CWA and TNA... Take away any alleged heat Jeff "got" and the Jarrett name is one of the last "family names" that could and perhaps should be going in there from the old days.
Legit tweeted that earlier and did a Fargo Strut.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

As someone else has already pointed out, I don't understand the JJ hate either. JJ had a VERY solid career in WWF, WCW and the territories. He won lots of titles in the big 2 promotions and was a solid mid card cog in the Attitude Era.

There is obviously an agenda to this and it probably involves the network. Although I am no more shocked at Jarrett breaking bread with Vince than I am Warrior, Bruno or Bret.