WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-23-2018, 06:10 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I could be wrong, but with the speech and the way he looked last night, it sure seems like undertaker as truly retired from in ring competition. Sure thing could change after the rumble but I sure hope that it doesn't because the way he looked last night, I feel that even somebody like hulk Hogan could beat him as he was overweight and could barely walk to the ring.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:19 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I thought Undertaker meant that it's time for him to rest in peace, but his promo didn't really make any damn sense to be honest.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:51 AM

MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...

It sounded very much like a retirement speech, but the way Jim Ross tagged it, by asking if it was some kind of warning, did complicate my understanding of the promo. I wonder if they asked JR to deliberately confuse the audience with that narration in order to fuel speculation that Taker could still return, though teasing it w. no pay-off feels counterproductive.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDebator View Post
It sounded very much like a retirement speech, but the way Jim Ross tagged it, by asking if it was some kind of warning, did complicate my understanding of the promo. I wonder if they asked JR to deliberately confuse the audience with that narration in order to fuel speculation that Taker could still return, though teasing it w. no pay-off feels counterproductive.
I Feel this was just J.R being J.R and trying to milk this for what it was worth. I feel like J.R. isn't the same guy as he once was and tend to call stuff on the fly without clearing them with Vince. Kinda like what Booker t does on a regular base. So I wouldn't read too much into it especially since the way taker looked, I doubt he would even be able to get ready in time for a mania match. The guy was so out of shape that I looked winded just walking to the ring.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:33 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I Feel this was just J.R being J.R and trying to milk this for what it was worth. I feel like J.R. isn't the same guy as he once was and tend to call stuff on the fly without clearing them with Vince. Kinda like what Booker t does on a regular base. So I wouldn't read too much into it especially since the way taker looked, I doubt he would even be able to get ready in time for a mania match. The guy was so out of shape that I looked winded just walking to the ring.
Taker looked A LOT leaner and smaller than usual. I don't really know though. I don't think he likes how things ended with Roman. He's a guy that has always had a certain idea about himself and his character, as well as the bussiness in general. The crowd was off and the match sucked, so I don't know if Taker wants that to be his last match.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:02 AM

MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...MasterDebator is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Taker looked A LOT leaner and smaller than usual. I don't really know though. I don't think he likes how things ended with Roman. He's a guy that has always had a certain idea about himself and his character, as well as the bussiness in general. The crowd was off and the match sucked, so I don't know if Taker wants that to be his last match.
Is there anyone else who didn't feel like Taker looked bad? He walked slow to the ring because he has always walked slow to the ring, he didn't look overweight, etc. If you're arguing that a man in his fifties looks like a man in his fifties, then sure, but I didn't quite see the hobbled mess other folks are claiming they witnessed.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:58 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

The one really nice touch I liked about Taker's appearance on RAW was that he wore a different coat, and no hat and gloves. I know he's worn a similar coat before, maybe that exact one but he was in completely different garb compared to what he left in the ring at the end of Mania 33.

I thought he looked pretty good. To be honest though, I don't really think he looked that bad last year, he just couldn't go because the pain was so unbearable.

The way the promo was edited on Smackdown last night definitely made it sound retirement-ish and while I still think that Taker just straight up botched his promo and didn't get the point that he was supposed to across, maybe that's the angle they're gonna be going for now. Cena is going to have to bring Undertaker out of retirement for one more, LAST match.