WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2018, 01:36 AM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Why does Taker need a match? They can essentially get the same effect from him just showing up and hitting a tombstone, pose, lightning, etc. Let's just throw him in the rumble and tease a win, have him randomly pop up at shows to keep people on their toes in a "Ghost of Mania" type thing and at Mania have him play right hand of justice to somebody pulling off a dirty win. The win/loss for him no longer matters, torches and all that have become less than what could have been. So why not just eliminate that meaning & just get to the point of what we want to see. Somebody like Owens or whoever cheats and Taker meets them at the ramp for a beatdown. Let's not pretend anyone vs Taker in a match will be good. He cant go anymore and its not worth someone getting hurt.

John could be used elsewhere, Taker can still go out w a bang & the world will be better off. Even if Sting is up for one more, that still isnt a good idea. The match will suck and we will all be told to praise it as gold. Why kid ourselves. They can have a better impact in a staredown/mini brawl or segment than both limping through a match 10 years past its time.

Gong. Tombstone. Pose. Lightning. #WeDontNeedAMatch

Last edited by nightmare : 01-12-2018 at 01:40 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Knockout Champion

Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...

This thread reminds me of why the IWC is so hated. This is the only place where you will find people that dont want to see Taker vs Cena. This is why WWE tries to ignore us!

Id love to see this match and so would like 99% of WWE fans. This is probably the biggest match WWE could put on this year.

Honestly, as long as I get Styles vs Nakamura, I dont care about the rest of the card. Mania has been terrible for years now. Just give me one match that I actually want to see this year....please!

Last edited by Kidpolean : 01-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

Cena and Taker have faced each other before early in Cena's WWE career and even a singles PPV match at Vengeance 2003 and possibly more that I cannot recall. If Taker cannot deliver a match to his expectations then he shouldn't do it. If he feels he can, then more power to him. According to some people like Bruce Prichard who have seen and talked to him they said he looks good and said he feels the best he has in years.

If the match is going to happen though I would love to see the American Badass Taker return for one more time. It would be fitting with the way they sort of retired the Undertaker gimmick in the ring last Mania.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:58 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I remember kind of coming under fire for saying that I didn't think Taker's career was over on the Mania LD last year, and although nothing is set in stone, I still stand by my assumption that Taker will wrestle again. There was just something about his exit that left me with some doubt as to whether he was really done, and as time has gone on, that doubt has turned to almost certainty in my opinion that Taker will have one last match. And this time they'll market it as his retirement match which will end the discussion once and for all.

If he does go on to face Cena at Mania, I actually see Taker winning to end his career. Going out on your back against Roman Reigns is one thing, but there's very little that would be accomplished by Cena ending Taker's career. Also, Cena just seems like the type of guy who would have absolutely no problem losing to The Undertaker so he can have his last Mania moment. I wouldn't mind seeing this just for the sheer spectacle of it. Yeah, it's probably 5 years too late to have any serious impact on things, but at least we don't have to bitch about, and rightfully so, never seeing a Taker and Cena program that didn't include Cena playing Vanilla Ice lite.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:23 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Don't really care if he can't go like he used to. Even if he has to compete in a wheelchair, I'd still pay to see him in a ring again just for the spectacle.

That being said, I want to see him face Sting or Goldberg. I don't mind him facing Cena but it's never been a dream match or as must see to me as Taker vs. Sting or Taker vs. Goldberg. Taker vs. Sting or Goldberg is a dream match I've wanted to see since the Monday Night Wars. It's a shame we're never gonna get them and we had to see Taker vs. Roman and possibly Cena instead.

Last edited by Wolf Pac : 01-13-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't really care to see him against Cena at this point. A few years ago before the streak was over, sure. The only way this would really seem like a big deal to me is if it was heavily promoted as Undertakers last match. And not, if he loses he retires. I would wanna know this is the last time he's walking down the isle, the last time we're gonna see this spectacle etc... Even then I would rather it be with someone other than Cena.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:18 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Right now, i take anything that Dave Meltzer reports with a grain of salt. basically, he doesn'T reports facts but just stuff that somebody told him that might or might not be in the know. So i will believe it when i see it.
I mean even if the Dave's sources are in the know we all know that Vince likes to change his mind at the last minuite. That said I think Dave does do a good job reporting the big picture WWE plans he seems to be right about Reigns vs Lesnar headlining this year's WM and Batista winning the Rumble.

As for Cena vs. Undertaker I don't see the appeal. Undertaker just doesn't have it anymore and you can watch WM33 as proof of that and Cena seems to play it safe in his in ring work. I mean the latter isn't a bad thing but you can see doing less and less in the ring and I think it's due to Cena not wanting to get hurt because of his Hollywood commitments.

If Cena is willing to give it his all for his Mania match I'd rather see him challenge AJ Styles for the title. Both Styles and Reigns can go over Cena and Brock repsectivley and that should signal somewhat of a passing of the torch.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Dave does do a good job reporting the big picture WWE plans he seems to be right about Reigns vs Lesnar headlining this year's WM and Batista winning the Rumble.
I'm pretty sure anyone who's even just a casual fan could have predicted both of these. Dave is right a lot of the time, but he's been wrong a lot too.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:28 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
WCW Champion

GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Fuck all you guys, this is going to be fucking brilliant!

Hey, I'll be first to admit that last year's match against Reigns was cringe worthy to watch. That spot when they tried to reverse the Tombstone was beyond horrible to witness. And I'll freely admit that father time has caught up with Taker in the last couple of years.

But I have absolutely zero doubt that between two absolute fucking WWE legends, a good match can be had. GSB is right, this needs to be different from what has gone before. It can't be the dead man coasting to the ring and getting challenged, only for him to fuck off for 3 months again. This needs to an actual plot to the angle and I'm sure that we'll be given that.

We know that Taker can't do the complex spots now so just make it a damn no DQ match and have these two beat the shit out of each other for 25 minutes - I'd be happy with that. This still represents a dream match for me, between two WWE legends who deserve to have this match. And the final result will be anyone's guess.

Good call, WWE.

Reinstate The Fox!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Writer of Smut & Wrestling
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

I'll watch it and probably enjoy it but I honestly don't care anymore.

5-10 years ago I would have been fangirling like crazy for this match but now that 'Taker I'd in his 50s and in no condition to wrestle and Cena is part time it's a meh deal for me.

I'm sure Cena can carry 'Taker to a passable match but that's all it is at this point.

Prove me wrong WWE, I want to be amazed by the build-up and the match itself

WGW:
Sunday Night Shiver (Spidey [1st show up])/Wednesday Night Fire & Blood (Me [coming soon])

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 01-21-2018 at 07:00 PM.