WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What was the Moment of the Year in 2017?
Kurt Angle Teams with the Shield 2 4.88%
Tyler Bate Wins the UK Title Tournament 0 0%
John Cena Wins 16th World Title 2 4.88%
Aleister Black Says Velveteen Dream's Name 1 2.44%
Kairi Sane Wins Mae Young Classic 0 0%
Tommaso Ciampa Turns on Johnny Gargano 5 12.20%
Braun Strowman Turns Over Ambulance 4 9.76%
Festival of Friendship 3 7.32%
Undertaker's Retirement 11 26.83%
Hardys Return to WWE 8 19.51%
Chris Jericho Challenges Kenny Omega 1 2.44%
Roman Reigns Opens Raw After Wrestlemania 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Moment of the Year

This magic moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:47 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I went with Taker's retirement, though it'll seem like such a waste of Taker comes back, yet again, for one more match. Taker has been the one constant in WWE for over a quarter century and, much like his streak ending, the notion of him being gone is an emotional one for me. I've always loved watching Taker and I always respected him for being a true pro's pro, so the sight of him carefully folding his coat and laying his hat on top of it before exiting the ring to give one final salute to the crowd was something that, again, if it was his last match, is someone to remember.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-02-2018, 03:50 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Takers retirement is probably the real answer, but I had to go with Ciampa's turn on Gargano.

Like, my god man, they took something we all knew was coming and still made it shocking. I have to pick this, because something happened that almost never happens...

They got me.

I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out. They put a fucking fake end of show logo up, and THEN did an incredibly callous, brutal heel turn. Sold brilliantly by all involved, I'm sure it will disappear into the ether, which is sad, since for me, this is just as prolific and well done as the Barber Shop window.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Undertaker's retirement, and the emotions that came with it. Not just the bittersweet ones for Undertaker's fans, but for the animosity towards Roman Reigns in the coming weeks.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Takers retirement is probably the real answer, but I had to go with Ciampa's turn on Gargano.

Like, my god man, they took something we all knew was coming and still made it shocking. I have to pick this, because something happened that almost never happens...

They got me.

I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out. They put a fucking fake end of show logo up, and THEN did an incredibly callous, brutal heel turn. Sold brilliantly by all involved, I'm sure it will disappear into the ether, which is sad, since for me, this is just as prolific and well done as the Barber Shop window.
They did it when Owens turned on Sami at R-Evolution too. That's why I somewhat expected it here.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Had to pick Strowman flipping over an ambulance to kick start one of the most spot visual rivalries WWE has done in a LONG time vs Roman Reigns. That ambulance spot was just insane.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:20 AM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Had to pick Strowman flipping over an ambulance to kick start one of the most spot visual rivalries WWE has done in a LONG time vs Roman Reigns. That ambulance spot was just insane.
I know. That hydraulic jack worked really hard that night.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:08 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

All of those moments were great, but the moment that had me experiencing a high of excitement I hadn't felt in a long time was the return of The Hardys. They were TNA mainstays and the dirt sheets were either having a really bad month or they were being paid off by the WWE to keep the Hardys' return on the down low.

New Day came out all like they were about to put themselves into the match, and then The Hardy Boyz theme hit and I went ape-shit. Undeniably the biggest reaction the WWE was able to get out of me.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:46 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

It has to be 'Taker's retirement. It had been a long time since I had been in tears watching wrestling and that moment did it for me. If that is the last time we see 'Taker as a wrestler, it will be well remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:07 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
They did it when Owens turned on Sami at R-Evolution too. That's why I somewhat expected it here.
I remember this!!!! I tuned out when I saw it. Three minute later I saw the show was still live confused and tuned back in just to see a replay of Steen attacking Zayn and was shocked out of my mind, thinking "What the hell did I just miss?"
TAG- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
RR- AJ STYLES MITB- SAMI ZAYN
KOTR- SAMOA JOE. UKTou- TYLER BATE